Status Update: Vegetation and grass

• First of all, thank you so much for your active participation in the survey! In total we received 2941 responses. You can find the survey results here: Survey results

Now back to the status update: We've been working on grass in the past few weeks, and are currently working on vegetation, first and foremost trees. This includes wind effects, but also things like plant growth and tree felling.

There is still some work to do, but we're pleased to share a first video of the new version. It's really not much, mainly showing the grass and the current state of vegetation, but expect more videos in the near future ;)

Unlike in the old version, wind is quite dynamic now and takes a direction and random gusts of wind into account.

The new vegetation models also provide a lot more detail compared to the old version. When it comes to tree felling, you will now have a certain degree of control over the fall direction of the log.

vegetation1.jpg

vegetation2.jpg

If you're looking for more information about the grass, please check out our Trello board - it contains some screenshots and an animated gif about how snow affects grass: https://trello.com/c/KODxdgZS/140-grass

About a playable demo: We will now finalize our work on vegetation, and there are also a few other, smaller things that need to be done before we can release a playable demo - but it's getting closer and closer.

Stay tuned!

• There you go again teasing us with all these screen shots which just keeps on looking better and better :D:thumbup::thumbup: with this

grass occlusion on/off I'm guessing with this on we won't be getting any ground (grass) bleed though any more? from any building blocks/planks that we put down especially from a distance, the only thing (for me) in the screen shots was the god rays these look a bit over powering? i guess this will be adjustable within the graphic settings????

Great work.

• Thanks a lot for your feedback! :)

grass occlusion on/off I'm guessing with this on we won't be getting any ground (grass) bleed though any more?

Basically grass occlusion was already available in the Java version (it was called "Gras masking" there), however, the old implementation was far from being perfect ^^ It only covered a very small area in front of the player - for reasons of performance, since this grass occlusion requires 2 additional render passes. However, we took a slightly different approach in the new version: Basically it still works the same, but now it covers a much larger area. While the old version only covered ~ 16 blocks in front of the player, the new version covers around 64 blocks.

the only thing (for me) in the screen shots was the god rays these look a bit over powering? i guess this will be adjustable within the graphic settings????

The god rays solely depend on fog now. While the old version only had this generic, faked "Light scattering" effect (which was always present when looking towards the sun), the new version uses volumetric lights. The denser the fog, the more god rays you see (basically just like in the real world [well, strictly speaking, it's not necessarily fog that causes god rays in the real world, basically it's any sort of aerosols - but in the game, we only have fog]).

The one image in question has a very foggy scene and therefore the god rays are very noticeable ;) I agree this could be a bit confusing without these background information...

However, volumetric lights don't come for free (in terms of performance), so you will be able to turn them off anyway^^

• I love it. Am trying to ask my frends to buy this game so we can play together bc this game is tunning and relaxing. First time i saw this game was around 2015 so 5 years ago and this game changed so much for good. :D:wacko:

• Sorry for my bad english.
    I would first like to say how great you are and how much I like this game. I always tell my students that if they knew RW they would throw MineCraft in the trash.
    I would like to have programming skills to assist you for free.
    I'm rooting for success!
    Big hug and may God bless you!

• Is heavy equipment planned (Excavator, field processing equipment, etc.)?

Electricity, generators, windmills, power plants?

Water supply, greenhouse effect?

Destruction / wear of buildings, objects?

In creative mode, create rivers?

Will there be Bandits in the Demo version?

Will the products spoil in the Demo?

Thank)

• Is heavy equipment planned (Excavator, field processing equipment, etc.)?

Can't say much about that unfortunately, maybe that will be added in the long run.

Electricity, generators, windmills, power plants?

Electricity is definitely planned ;) But it will take some time until it will be available.

Water supply, greenhouse effect?

Do you mean changes in climate over time? Right now we have no plans for that...

Destruction / wear of buildings, objects?

Currently we have no plans for that. Since building plays a big role in Rising World, it can be quite frustrating if you have to maintain every single construction element and object :dizzy:

Will there be Bandits in the Demo version?

No, there will be no npcs in the demo. Please do not expect too much from the demo. In general, it will be rather a tech demo. It's primarily meant to give a rough idea of the technical foundation of the new version (i.e. graphics, sounds, physics, player handling etc).

However, there will be subsequent updates which add more content and features, but there will be little to no actual gameplay in the first demo release.

• Thank. Red

1. We mean plumbing (watering plants).

2. Do you plan in the future to configure the server for the collection, extraction of resources? (for example: the ability to increase or decrease the amount of wood extracted from one tree, the ability to increase or decrease the amount of ore extracted from one ore vein and other resources).

Perhaps if it will be possible to regulate the collection of resources, this can affect the performance of the pc for the better.

(Google translator)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!