Posts by Brash

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

Ok, later we gonna have to talk about the female figure =D

I have seen games with much worse even in so-called AAA titles. ^_^ I am just grateful this is not one of those Eastern European devs that think only MALES are needed, and make them all hulky he-men with massive shoulders (and if there are any women, they are all topless slaves with 48DDD boobs, "just to be historically accurate har har")

The shoulders/arms/hands are a little off, but I can live with it. I am glad they went for "lean/athletic" not "boobsie" look. I have not seen the male ones yet.

Looked at the male ones, they look fine (VERY glad they did not go for massive hulk look) but since they get something like 4 hairstyles+14 facial hair options for 56 variations, I would love to see maybe one or two more female hairstyles, maybe something short but feminine like a simble braided bun or something like these:

or even a faux mohawk

Overall I am happy (except for the disparity in variations for men compared to women -- but I can live with it). I have seen too many times an amateur modeler has tried to "improve" female characters only to make them much worse (see SOE & Vanguard), that I no longer usually ask for changes for fear I will get permanent changes that are worse :P

Very excited to try out the stuff like crossbows and leather armors. I like the primitive mini forge addition, and starting with a universal-purpose stone axe with expanded iron/steel variations to upgrade to later.

Launched ok this time, created a female character fine, I had the startting workbench open to TOOLS tab and noticed it seemed to have "-------" in place of some item, maybe Hoe? but before I could take a screenshot it crashed with this:

Windows 7 (x64) 6.1 Java: 1.8.0_131 amd64 0.9_37 -H:4096 -D:3072 (Steam)
    AMD FX(tm)-4350 Quad-Core Processor, M5A97 LE R2.0, 16285 MB (4260 MB Heap)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 20170627000000.000000-000 22.21.13.8476
    at H.m.a(SourceFile:827)
    at H.m.a(SourceFile:715)
    at H.n.onSelectionChangeEvent(SourceFile:221)
    at de.jiw.gui.elements.ElementSet.onMouseButtonEvent(ElementSet.java:888)
    at de.jiw.gui.core.Screen.onMouseButtonEvent(Screen.java:1690)
    at com.jme3.input.InputManager.processQueue(InputManager.java:831)
    at com.jme3.input.InputManager.update(InputManager.java:907)
    at commons.JIWApplication.update(SourceFile:299)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:151)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:197)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:232)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

at L.O.<init>(SourceFile:107)
    at content.Game.initGui(SourceFile:2660)
    at w.h.update(SourceFile:148)
    at com.jme3.app.state.AppStateManager.update(AppStateManager.java:287)
    at commons.JIWApplication.update(SourceFile:328)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:151)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:232)

Not sure if releveant, but tried again and got a slightly different error code this time:

at java.util.ResourceBundle.getString(Unknown Source)
    at K.p.a(SourceFile:55)
    at K.p.<init>(SourceFile:33)
    at K.a.a(SourceFile:67)
    at K.a.<init>(SourceFile:51)
    at L.g.e(SourceFile:407)
    at L.g.<init>(SourceFile:258)
    at content.Game.initGui(SourceFile:2661)
    at w.h.update(SourceFile:148)
    at com.jme3.app.state.AppStateManager.update(AppStateManager.java:287)
    at commons.JIWApplication.update(SourceFile:328)

He posted this 4 hours ago at Steam:

red51 [developer] 4 hours ago
    @Nitrogue keitha7373: We'll set up a small announcement in our forums a few days before the update goes live. It will be definitely available this month, no matter what happens ^^

So -- sometime before the end of November. And a heads-up up here a few days beforehand.

The main purpose of using intel graphics at all, is to save battery life. If that is not a high priority for you, then sometimes you can switch off the intel graphics in the BIOS setup by switching off "dynamic" graphics. I'll look at Dell site to see if they have anything on that. Usually you get a special custom driver (from Dell, for instance) to handle their setup, but your Inspiron 15R SE 7520 is several years old now and the newest driver that Dell puts out is probably 4-5 years old, which is probably why you've gone direct to AMD for drivers in recent years. Or maybe you updated the operating system from Win7 to Win10, so Dell doesn't have the correct drivers for you.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answe…-sleep-hibernate-fix.html
    I understand the Crimson drivers worked fine till now, I am not sure whether it is them no longer playing nice with older laptops (hence some needing to update BIOS) or some other issue. Updating your motherboard BIOS is something you want to be very careful doing, so proceed with some caution or find a very geeky friend to help. 90 percent of the time it goes easy but if there is a problem, it can ruin the laptop. If it is possible to switch off the intel graphics in BIOS setup, that is easiest solution but some laptops use intel as the main driver for screen display and won;t let you just use the Radeon for everything instead.

Usually the error "pixel format not accelerated" means it is using a Windows updated driver that lacks required OpenGL features (Microsoft only really supports DirectX and no much for OpenGL), but you have already tried going direct to AMD for the crimson drivers, so I suspect it is trying to run on the Intel graphics rather than the Radeon and that the older Intel chip does not support some of the OpenGL features.

I think the problem is that he has not given any updates at all for non steam players, so I will wait a bit then try again.

Right now I have a version 06(52)(my previous client) and a version 06(0) (redownloaded from downloads page) but nothing that says alpha 0.7.

I have windows, non steam, no old worlds or saves. Apparently steam version has been out for four or five hours but nothing for those of us using the inhouse (nonsteam) client. I would be willing to switch over to Steam version if he is phasing out support for non steam users, and wants to give us a steamkey instead, since this comes up after most updates.

This is just for JIW for troubleshooting purposes, it is not a complaint, I just do not know whether this is supposed to be working or not.

I am doing singleplayer with the client executable, and killed out all my old worlds anyway so I don't care whether the new version is compatible with older worlds

Apparently the "client" on download link downloaded an older version of the client (0.6), re downloaded all the JARs again, and is now applying updates one at a time or something.

(* now I am getting a "corrupted files" message on a brand new fresh install)

This is just for JIW for troubleshooting purposes, it is not a complaint, I just do not know whether this is supposed to be working or not.

I am showing Alpha 0.6.5.1, is this the correct version for the water update?

It is a windows non-steam version and it "checks for updates" but finds nothing ...

I went to Downloads Page, but it says I cannot play the game with that version.

I'm actually looking on how to add custom images and such, all i find are tutorials in German

Try this link:

New Feature: Custom Images (WIP)

From red's post (which I easily found through Google)

• Step 1: Craft a poster at the workbench. There is currently nothing required to craft a poster, but that will change in the future.
    • Step 2: Equip yourself with the newly crafted poster and press your primary interaction button (default: left mouse button). A new dialog will appear. The first time, there is no image shown in this gui, since you haven't uploaded one yet So simply press "Upload image", select an image from your harddrive (you can also select multiple image at the same time), and confirm your selection. Then, the image(s) will be uploaded to the server (in multiplayer).
    • Step 3: After uploading the image, it will appear in this box which was empty previously. Above the image, you see the name of the image. You can also enter a string in the "filter" textfield. This is a search filter and will hide all images that does not match (respectively start with) the provided string.
    • Step 4: After you've uploaded the image you want, simply press "Use image" to get the ability to place it in the world. You can resize the image when holding [Shift] + [Arrow Up/Down/Left/Right] or rotate the image when pressing [Arror Left/Right]. You can also change the image all the time when pressing the primary interaction button again. To place the image, press your secondary interaction button (default: right mouse button).
    • Step 5: Voilà, it's done! If this is a multiplayer session, every other player should also be able to see your uploaded image.

I think he meant, in the third video "the American Dude" was a parody of a rural yankee with a gun, six-pack of beer and poor hygiene :P so Germans were not the only ones being mocked.

A_Uchiha's sig tells us he is from Texas (and I am from Oregon) so we were both speaking from viewpoint of Americans.

Yeah they have updated Wurm OpenGL since then but I think it is still lower than 2.0, might be 1.5 or so (they still have people running it on older computers than mine heh). Still, it says "OpenGL version: 4.5"

What is strange is it is almost predictable -- crash the first time I launch, everything is fine the second time. It did not used to do that with Rising World. I am thinking it is related to resolution. My desktop / monitor native resolution is 2560x1600 but because it is getting older now I tend to run demanding games at 50% of that. I was having some issues after the update with fullscreen 1280x800 so I figured I would try windowed mode 1920x1200 (still in the same ratio as desktop, just 75% instead of 50% or 100%). It does not bother me too much since it always works second time, never crashes ingame, I just figured there might be something in crash report that looked odd.

edit: I have an older version of "OpenGL Extension Viewer" and when I run that I get the following:

*** I will update the driver if it starts to drive me nuts ^_^

*** PS: I switched back to fullscreen 1280x800 and it seems fine again now. My normal "native desktop resolution" is 2560x1600 but because my computer is old, I often run at 50% of that in games. After the initial update though I had some startup crashes so disabled fullscreen, 1280 windowed was too small so I byumped up to 1920x1600 windowed. It looks like fullscreen 1280x800 is back to acting stable again for me, after the updated update.

Hmm well it is a Geforce GTX650 and drivers less than a year old so it should be more than high enough OpenGL version, and as I said it always works "the second time" I hit play.

edit: from my Wurm logs:

=== OpenGL information ===
    LWJGL version: 2.9.1
    Adapter info: nvd3dumx,nvwgf2umx,nvwgf2umx (9.18.13.4709)
    OpenGL vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    OpenGL renderer: GeForce GTX 650/PCIe/SSE2
    OpenGL version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 347.09

You can make one if you have resources & craft stations but if you are brand new, if you die you spawn with another pickaxe and woodaxe (but will drop anything else in inventory on your corpse). So either find someplace "safe" too die, maybe fly up in air with F2 then toggle F2 again and deliberately fall to your death. Or die of hunger/thirst. Or if you have nothing to lose, punch a bear or jump down a cave.

You can actually get quite a collection of pickaxes/woodaxes by dying repeatedly, though any more than one is not much use.