Posts by Jackah

Hey Degalbro,

Just for you and a friend?

Awesome, that's fairly simple to get going.

When you start a singleplayer world, it actually creates it as a server too, but people can only join if they know your IP.

Go here to get your IP: http://www.whatsmyip.org/

Now you will need to port-forward on your router (the way you do this varies on which router you use) the ports to forward:

4255-4259 on both UDP and TCP.

If you can find out which router you have, I can give more specific instructions for port-forwarding.

Now just give your friend your IP and they can connect. :)

* How will you make this possible without overtaxing the computing resources of the average player?
    Good question! Nobody's computer has enough memory to remember everywhere they've been. So I think they'd have to do it like MC does it- only remember where you are and forget where you been (ie, load/unload "chunks" of the world as you move around).
    Heck, for all I know it does that now.

It does do that now.

If you set a 'mark' at your current position, then run off quite far away, then goto the mark, you may notice for a split section the area loading, a quick flash.

Hey bleckman,

The developers are still working on the game - as the game progresses, the servers will progress.

It's currently in early-access alpha, so technically it isn't really released yet; you're just able to play it early.

Strange issue =O Never seen before. Does this error occur often? Perhaps your graphics card just had a bad day, did you try restarting your computer (sounds odd, but may work miracles)?

Only seen it once so far. My graphics card has never had an issue before and it is fairly new, runs every game fine.

Sometimes when I start the game through Steam, it stays on the splash JIW Games screen for longer than usual, so I tab out of the game, and there's a little error message saying:

Error Code 201
    An internal error occurred.

With a box to press OK, which force-closes the game.

this is why "f2" then hit space is currently in survival.......keeps you from dying.they are working on that bug.....that is an interesting problem though,i've not had that happen.suggestion..........move the anvil from under that bench.

Removing the anvil made no difference, and I just died from setting a spawn next to that area, walking off, then goto'ing that spawn and fell through the ground.

I've managed to record how a bug makes the player fall through the ground - it has now made my world unplayable, as I cannot stay where I've built.

Video:

@red51 please have this fixed ASAP so that I can continue playing the game! :(

Hi,

In the Settings or Controls screen, please provide a tick-box option to invert the scrollbar.

What will this do?

It will allow the hotbar scrolling to be inverted, so up will go right, down will go left.

Yeah I can't get them to show up. As soon as those other servers showed up, mine were pretty much squashed. You connected to the test server. I have my main server down currently. I guess I can bring it back up. I need to get to work on the AreaProtection. I meant to finish it this weekend, but have been spending all my time waiting for things to be resolved. Got some good gaming in though on This War of Mine. Great game!

I'm sure everything will get fixed - we've all just got to get to reporting all these bugs, even ones that seem minor might lead on to much larger bugs within the game.