Posts by zfoxfire

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

how much system ram do you have in total? and how healthy is your hard drive? I've read that this game consumes a bit of hard drive i/o so an old mechanical drive might cause a bottleneck. However, I haven't ran disk monitoring tools yet to verify this claim. i run an SSD on SATA and have slow load times. Typically the initial generation and saving of a chunk takes a little longer. re-exploring older areas should be quicker.

what generation i7 do you have?

At present, the only officially supported languages are English and German. Perhaps in the future when the game is out of alpha then additional language support will be added when these language files are changed less frequently. You can however easily patch the file yourself and possibly keep the updated file available on the forums here as a mod. I think that someone else is doing the same for Chinese and Spanish. Keep in mind that since this is unofficial, you'll want to maintain a file outside of the game folder since each update will overwrite risingworld-core.jar.

Here's the mod:

• locate the risingworld-core.jar file under the data folder in your game directory.
    • extract the file with a zip program
    • modify bundles/Bundles_en.properties file
    • zip the folder back up and save as a new risingworld-core.jar file.

in practice however, there are some accuracy issues in the world generation that becomes apparent around 20,000 blocks out from center. your tools jitter in your hand and grow worse the further out you go. at 100,000 the chunks dont allign and the jittering makes the game unplayable. ideally I wouldn't build out beyond 10,000 from center if you are running a server.

Hmm... yeah that's indeed barely visible. Did you also disable water reflections? If both refractions and reflections are disabled, water surfaces are sometimes hardly visible. We'll change that in the near future :)

Oh boy, do I feel like a dummy. Yes. I did have those turned off. I must have disabled them so I could get an FPS boost and forgot about them.

Wow, that's indeed a nasty issue =O Looks like something got internally messed up. Did you maybe use the "reloadplugins" command or something like that? Maybe keep an eye on this, if this issue occurs again, please let me know

This was in my single-player game in the standalone version. I might actually have a tiny plugin installed that I wrote but I certainly did not use that command or any command. I simply flew over a place where a cabin should be. And I very rarely experience crashes in this game.. It's quite stable, for an alpha. :)

I absolutely love mountain-side dwellings

btw at 1:04, the stone torchiere might look nice in place of the wooden torch mounted on top of a stone pillar. They're not implemented into the crafting menu but you can get them on the console:

object stonetorch1
    object stonetorch2

One is like a bowl and the other is the torchiere.

I usually extract the tar or zip into a seperate folder, delete the lib folder and server.jar from the game folder, then copy only those two items from the extracted zip/tar into the game folder.

Wow! This is the most bug reporting I've done in a while... I was flying over to where a cabin was showing on the map. The cabin was on the map but it wasn't in the game. I noticed recently the map has been refreshing properly but this time it was not. I looked around but could not see the cabin below me. Game crashed promptly. Stacktrace below. When i restarted the game, i noticed the cabin was no longer on the map.

Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[jME3 Main,10,main]
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: This NativeObject is not registered in this NativeObjectManager
    at com.jme3.util.NativeObjectManager.deleteNativeObject(NativeObjectManager.java:136)
    at com.jme3.util.NativeObjectManager.deleteUnused(NativeObjectManager.java:188)
    at com.jme3.renderer.opengl.GLRenderer.postFrame(GLRenderer.java:939)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:189)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:197)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:232)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

animals (friendly and non) seem to be spawning in within a relatively short distance from me. Either they're spawning or just not visible from a far. Anyways, I've had to fight off a few tigers suddenly running at me from the front. :\

Also noticing lots of ponds which are filled with water but visually appear to be empty from above. I'm running an Nvidia GTX960 if that helps

Edit: Seems like only at night the pond seems empty. I tried a few different light sources. Nothing makes the water visible

Last Edit: I notice sugar beet saplings are extremely tiny when planted in a garden. Could be a scaling issue

The spruce forest biome, especially when near a large lake, is my absolute favorite places to settle down and explore. But it would be nice if there could also be a "Redwood Forest" biome which redwood like those in California or giant sequoia. I imagine something of this size would take about 40 hits with a log and yield a similar number of logs :-D

http://www.cdr3.com/redwoods/

Also, as some have noticed, the spruce trees cannot be re-grown to the full height they are found naturally. i wish this would change.

Long term, I would hope procedural generated trees eventually replace models. Or perhaps someone can write a plugin to place such trees in the game. As lovely as the game is already, you can kinda tell that there are only 1 or 2 models of each tree type rotated at a random angle.