Posts by zfoxfire

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

Lighting is one of the systems needing rework in Rising Wold.For example, torches do not cast light on plants in underground farms. The plants still grow but you can only see them under naturaL dayight. But àl the torches I have placed almost down to hell have lit up cave walls just fine. Do you have any pictures of the problem you could post?

Yup! The save data is very small from what I've noticed. The world itself is generated from seed so the database probably only needs to record changes made to the world and objects placed.

Some RPG elements like a skill system and leveling would be nice once survivability actually becomes a thing in Rising World. I was thinking of unlocking recepies as a reward for completing dungeons.

NPC villages will eventually come, but I personally wouldn't want to take a role of farmer or smithy. Although trading was just recently added and I think there is a lua script which adds a monetary system so maybe commerce could be a thing. I do like the idea of offspring. After character customizations come, it would be cool to spawn a NPC with combinations of its parents traits. Having a pet dog or cat, or any tamable anable would be nice too.

I migrated all my stuff to linode.com. I was able to choose my core count and memory, Linux distribution of my choosing, and I can configure my box however I want once I get that root prompt. 7d2d is running great and I even set up rising world as well.

Oh, I think i see the problem.. I can't move a beam while grid snap is enabled. the problem is that when I disable grid snap, I lose the piece being centered.

Clearly I need to watch some tutorials on this system. Could someone recommend a video or reading material on this? And does it make sense to not be able to move a piece while snapped?

1.) I've also proposed making the grid smaller and being able adjust the scale of the block you place. Some have wanted to do things such as build stairs with different colors per step. Adding some more block shapes would be good too, I'm thinking a quarter cylinder and a sphere would be nice too.
    2.) There definitely needs to be more tools to do map editing on a grand scale. I remember watching a video of someone building a scale replica of pyramids in Egypt and that really would have helped in that case because he hit the ceiling limit in the game and had no way to easily lower the terrain. What a bummer! Anyways, creative mode is far from complete. It was only really introduced in its current form back in November I think.
    3.) Following the water update, I'd hope to see buckets come and the ability to collect water. I think you can craft an empty plant potter for your medieval wash chamber :)
    4.) Thatch roofs might be something to add to the advanced building system. I like this idea. Or maybe part of a more primitive crafting system. We have the block system and the advanced system for making complex structures. A system for making primitive structures might tie in with the survival/stranded mode whenever that is implemented
    5.) I'm thinking something like Journeymap would work. I'm not sure if a mapping system is planned but surely once the game is more developed and more moddable, someone will be written. We are supposed to be getting dungeons sometime after the water update so I'd imagine that would be an appropriate time to have such a feature
    6.) Planting is already possible in creative mode. Press F6 for placement mode and vegetation is the only option currently (as I said, creative mode is far from complete)
    7.) Welcome to the forums :-)

I finally got a response back from nitrado. Apparently its due to a problem with the current Alpha release of 7d2d that causes high cpu utilization. However, there is not option for improving cpu performance with nitrado's virtual servers. The only option for more dedicated cpu power is on a minecraft server. So essentially I need to switch hosting companies. Oh well.

Does anyone have any suggestions for hosting companies? I'd like to have the option to improve cpu performance. The only option I have is dedicated/non-dedicated memory and an option to add more memory.

Or you could make mash with the corn then distill it and make whiskey.

I've seen worlds where barrels were stacked up on their sides to resemble beer barrels. It makes me wanna screw a tap in there and have a drink. I hope that will be implemented someday :)

That made me smile I read it correctly but my head totally misread it and all I could see were little pink and blue bears with rainbows on their chests chasing monsters away. :D

It would scare away bears specifically. Those guys are annoying!

I'm kinda curios, the website has been down almost all week. Are u adding something special to the main site like a comprehensive list of items being added or a roadmap with ETAs. Or is it something interactive. Oh are u adding some kind of teaser to the website. Since the site has been down for such a long time it seems like ur redesigning the site. Can we get any teasers or something of what the new site will be like?

I think the website was down because the owners were migrating to a different host. From what I understand, the outside wiki will eventually be moved into the wiki on the official page and that will finally be brought online. There are no other website changes that I am aware of.

Heimdel, how about a Scarebear? :)

And ArkticuKitsu, perhaps in the future deterring wildlife from your crops would be a real concern. Right now, they don't do damage unlike the mobs in Minecraft. I could definitely see a scarecrow being a functioning deterrent in addition to a fence. Perhaps later on we can tame dogs or wolves to help deter the rabbits.

A scarecrow would look cool in game and would also be used possibly to create a safe radius around your home so monsters wont attack. Corn would be nice too, I'd like to make a corn field with a scarecrow to watch over it.