Posts by zfoxfire

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

I personally think that wrap around world would be very playable and better than minecraft infinite. Or atleast an option for this would be cool. I know the idea of a round world was discussed once too and i personally like this best of all as an option.

Me too. Rising World is a very promising game but development is progressing slow so I'm trying other stuff to help pass the time. I just finished over 200 hours in ARK. Doing 7 days to die next and possibly Rust at some point. There's another more minecraftish game called Blockscape which has some interesting features but I'm skeptical on the direction that the developers are going in so I'm not sure yet (they made some changes to the game which I feel are a step backwards).

it is not on steam. Its been a while since I touched it but I recall it required a severely outdated version of Java (1.5) so I never got the game to work on my machine. I guess that just goes to show that it hasn't been developed in a while.

Hi Everyone. i was just curious what everyone's experience is with Nitrado.net
    I have been running an ARK server on there for nearly two months and its ran very well with little lag. I tried setting up a 7 days to die server and when my friends and I signed on, we noticed severe lag. For example, taking about 20 seconds between opening an object and its inventory popping up.
    I Moved the game to a different node within their network (same one that ark is on) and it ran better but still running crappy. I'm thinking of setting up a Rising World server once water and dungeons are in there.

So yeah, that's my latest experience. I was wondering what other's thoughts are on this service. Their prices are very affordable. i just wish they offered web hosting in the USA because i'd like to migrate my blog off of 1and1.

I feel that I myself am rough around the edges and come off as an asshole sometimes. I can spend an hour trying to find the right words for a one-paragraph post because usually after I submit, I can find something I wrote that could be taken the wrong way. I can get pretty paranoid after writing a quick reply on this forum (and others that I like) and worry that I might have said something offensive. I did that just yesterday and I haven't gotten a response so now I'm worrying. Also, there's someone on this forum who came off as a total asshole to me a few months ago but I checked more of his posts before and after and he seemed to be an ok guy afterall. Finally, I'm sure I gave you one or two bad impressions the first time you and I interacted in this forum. I totally don't blame you either.

I'd like to think that we all can be rude or obnoxious at times. But what matters is to not judge a person's entire character based on one post. Getting to know someone over time gives one a better idea of the person's character. We all have our off days. Don't sweat it too much. You are a valuable member of this community :)

Can you try alt-tab? Are you running full screen or windowed? are your nvidia drivers up to date? Does the music and cloud backround play?

each block is roughly .5m ^3 which i think is a great size as is with everything at its current scale. it would be nice, however, if the grid was made smaller so we can make smaller blocks and add in some extra block shapes and variations so we can build some really detailed structures. So instead of making a stair block, you can make individual stone steps and make each a different pattern. Some extra block shapes would be nice. For example, i'd like to have a 1/4 cylinder shape. something like that might make a nice curb.

Regarding the slabs, the slap block is a block so cannot be freely rotated. i made a suggestion last month about rotating blocks and essentially spawning a custom grid so that you could, for example, build buildings at different angles. It would be complex to code but certainly a nice feature but there are other higher priorities in the game right now. In an older version of the game, there was a slanted block which was essentially a slab type block but at a 45 degree angle. It's not craftable anymore but I'd like to see that block type be re-introduced. i wonder why it was taken out in the first place.

Of course, you could just not go the block route and do custom building with wood beams and planks. You can make those any size you want, probably make them as small as a tiny block and those do rotate freely. I haven't messed with that system too much but essentially build a saw bench and craft wood beams and wood planks. Its harder than the block system but is very flexible. I think you're limited to the types of materials you can use however. It would be nice to get all the materials ported over to the beam/plank system so you can create, for example, long marble slabs for window sills and such. :)

Just a few questions:

1.) I noticed the hunting knife model is still present in the jars but I haven't been able (or I do not know how to) craft it since i purchased the game (around the time ores were added).
    2.) Also, adjustment of flying speed does not work in the surreal world-type
    3.) Is there a way to adjust the amplification of the mountain formation in surreal mode? I'd like to tone it down a little
    4.) The terrain in surreal mode is fairly normal around chunk borders. Is there any plan to fix this?
    5.) When can we play with the 4x4? :-) :-) :-)
    6.) Will the original furnace model (the one with the door) ever come back?
    7.) Older builds had a thin slanted block. This would be nice to have
    8.) a 1/4 cylinder block to compliment the half cylinder. I thought about this when trying to make corners on rounded banisters.

Wow! There are a tons of objects in the assets folder not yet implemented. it's making me really excited over here. It looks like several other animals in addition to the horse are modeled but none are spawnable yet. I'll have to just be patient.

I also agree with Trilnar, Rising World is coming along very nicely and its going to look just stunning when its all done.

From my experience in the past, the top of the ladder should be placed half a block below the surface. I use g to snap to grid. This reduces the severity of the issue where I'm trying to get on or off the ladder at the top and I'm moving super slow across the opening as if the game can't figure out what I'm trying to do. I'm sure Red51 and team knows about this issue. On other games you press E (or F in this case) to grab onto a ladder. This would probably fix the problem but I still like the Minecraft style where you automatically grab a nearby ladder.

I watched your stream for a few minutes last night when you were trying to place the manhole cover. I tried to set this as well because it would be cool to have a sewer system for water to flow through eventually.

Anyways, I've been having some issues with ladders and holes for a while now. It seems a 1x1 hole is a little too small but a 2x2 is too large. I did place a manhole cover over blocks last night then broke away the 4 blocks from below and replaced them with 4 curved ramp blocks on their sides which made a perfect circle that the manhole covered just nice. However, the ladder is placed a little too recessed into the circular vertical tunnel I made.

http://images.akamai.steamuser…5F4F82B145ED6E526E812735/

Also depends what you write. I never made it too far into multi-threaded java applications. I mostly do server-configuration and automation of application deployments so most of my coding is scripting

I dunno, i think I coded much harder and faster at my University than I do now. In all fairness, at school, I would rush to finish projects and get a passing grade. Here, I spend my time figuring out how do new and useful things and occasionally implement a new script or process. I still have the college mindset of producing lots of code so I feel bad about my overall performance but in reality, I can't simply push lots of code out because of the potential to break stuff and interrupt other developers projects.

I'm sure it would cost more to use it in-game where a royalty fee per copy sold will probably be demanded, compared to a trailer that is distributed for free.

What I really want to hear, as crazy as it sounds, is a remix of the original with the "audio jungle" watermark timed better so it sounds cool. We need some DJ magic!!!

*sigh* I'm getting way too antsy waiting for this release to finish. I know I should be working at work but...