Posts by zfoxfire

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

It woudn't hurt to see mods for realistic physics but yeah, Red51 stated in the past he was concerned with the devastation it would cause on existing structures and also the cpu processing involved to calculate the result of each change made. It probably would be ok however to fix the issue with floating bits of rock. For example, if I mine directly under the tip of a mountain, the tip stays floating in the air.

Personally I'm looking forward to a mod, or the inclusion of a fantasy biome with floating islands with waterfalls becase... reality is over-rated ;-p

Maybe a way to highlight multiple stacks in inventory and a "move selected to chest/inventory" button would be more useful than move all. We aren't exactly restricted to weight as far as how much we can carry so I don't see the need to transfer all coming up that ofteb

Water is definitely going to be the next big change. I'm sure its going to be more complicated than random Dungeon and Village and temple spawning. Red51 said he wanted realism in the water physics. So basically if you dig a hole at the bottom of a lake then it will drain completely into the cave system directly below (kinda like in Terraria). This is fine but I would also like to see waterfalls (especially underground ones) like what we see in Minecraft. Ofcourse to do this, we would probably need something like an infinite water source like in Minecraft but not so easily exploited. Perhaps the infinite water block will be something that will spawn naturally but cannot be placed by a player unless in creative mode.

There's definitely some improvement to be done to the current lighting and shaders in this game but I'm sure it's low priority right now. There is still water, watery biomes, dungeons, and more advanced crafting to implement. :)

Optimizations are definately taking priority too. The last two related to optimization defianately made a improvement. I can finally run the game on max draw distances.

The wood beams and planks are not blocks, therefore are not restricted by the block grid. I'd like to be able to place blocks independent of the grid so I can place a block at any degree, not just 90 degree increments.

A rowboat would be nice but I prefer a kayak. You can use the left and right mouse buttons to paddle on the left or right side, just like in real life :)

Regarding the fps, mine is insanely high too. Perhaps when we have a SEUS plugin for Rising World then I'll see a fps drop :)

Oh sorry. I tend to look at any problem as a programming dillema and I ramble a bit. I'm a DevOps and build engineer at work so I tend to look at solutions for their code complexity. Its just how my mind works. Rising World incorporates a vortex world (the landscape) and a block grid like from minecraft. To build a wall at 45 degrees would require a new set of all blocks so it doesnt seem feasible. Think of ARK Survival (if you play it). The first foundation foundation block can be placed at any orientation you want and additional foundation blocks snap to the first one. This is because the blocks are not restricted to a block grid like in Minecraft or Rising World. If you were to somehow rotate blocks then you would have gaps between each block on the wall because the hypotenuse of a right triangle is always longer than each side. I'm sure Red51 could easily implement a solution if he takes the development time but at this point, additional biomes and water are the next big things but I would love to create a village of houses and not be limited to 90 degree angles.

You can see I'm not good at consolidating all my responses in one post! ;-p

i've raised some opinions in the past about the night sky. As an amateur astronomer, I like the idea of having a high-res and realistic night sky or perhaps an actual star chart could be imported. Think Stellarium meets Rising World. That would be neat. The Z key already lets you zoom (perhaps this will be limited to a spotting scope only in the future) but it would be nice to use a telescope in the same fashion. I'm not sure if this would appeal to many people except astronomers. But I would atleast like to see the current night sky be improved. Or atleast the ability to mod it in the future.

I also think its too bright at night. I'd like to see this modifiable in the future but I think Red stated that he likes the night-time light level as is. This is fine. I just like other games like in Ark and The Forest where when night time comes, its pitch black! Again, this could probably be something addressable via a mod. I don't know much about writing mods nor if Rising World has a finalized API that would allow mods to be written.