Posts by ZaCormyr

I am hoping different woods will have different burning sounds. Pitchy woods cause more sparks etc... along with wet woods. Different amounts of smoke based on what you are burning would also be awesome!! :D

If animals are trackable, I would prefer it is a player developed skill, not character. So players need to learn what to look for for each animal / monster.

Better underwater visibility via swimming skill, well no. I would prefer visibility is determined by how murky the water is, how much silt is in the water (flowing water that is..), and how much foliage is growing underwater (hard to see in a kelp forest etc..). That said, maybe you can get better at swimming so you can hold your breath a bil longer and it can swim for longer without becoming tired. Even a fit person can go swimming for the first time and use certain muscles for the first time ever and get tired easy. ;)

Driving. Again I would prefer this be a player developed skill not a character one.

My 2 cents.

Not silly at all. Fountains are great (need a pump and some piping, power source...), could attract some small birds who bath and drink from them if you are not around. Garden gnome etc.. would be nice, maybe one version could be electric garden light. Birdhouse would be great too! I suppose you could get eggs from them, but why have chickens then? Beehive I hope for which you can collect honey from and get stung etc.. And yeah a wood chip mulch would be great to use as mulch on the garden or on the walkway. Speaking of mulch, other stuff should be used as such too... like leaves collected in the fall. Or cow manure etc.. compost... Anyways.. I love gardening so can easily get carried away here lol

true! the devs have to cater for all audienced don't they. It just seemed like an interesting way to defend your camp, but i guess that it gets into tower defence territory really doing it that way, then we start yawning

I think it'll be better to build traps, or moats etc.. as base defense, if that is even necessary. But yeah no tower defense... I don't think we'll have so many monsters on the surface that we will need any kind of defense really. I hope for predators to be attracted to your livestock. Maybe certain monsters on the surface get interested in your base via lights on at night or things like that, but just an individual which will only mess things up if you are not there... more of a pain in the ass like a raccoon in the garbage. No destroying half your build.

My only goal is to later create an immersive Medieval/Fantasy World in creative mode.

Same here, I want to create a whole fantasy world with NPC's with quests etc.. then maybe put it up on a server for people to check out as a RP server. I'm hoping we can write dialog for NPCs and quests etc.. Fingers crossed!

Ah so you actually want random placement of biomes. I can understand that. Well from what Red has said, we might be getting a bit of both haha We shall see. I like the idea of following a biome and knowing you are going west or east... just for the feeling that you are on a planet. RW feels real in that way for me. I hope we both can be happy.

Glowing mushrooms you could grow in a pot I could do. Flesh block with an eyeball which moves doesn't feel like RW, but I could see trapping a small animal in a cage which you keep in your house... Using bones to build with would be interesting.. like bone chairs, or bone knife handles etc.. Cloud block? no, it's not RW.

I am interested in bushcraft and survival. I like the idea of having to make your way out of a nasty situation. Whether you got yourself into it or not. So yeah, being defeated in more ways then just getting killed is interesting. Being taken to another location while unconscious or whatever.. that would certainly give players some different experiences in a game which hasn't really been done before other than The Forest. Maybe more have done it but I'm not aware of them.. or have forgotten lol.

Should it be a witch? I don't know about that... maybe.

Should there only be one in the world? Well talk about a rare event!!! lol There should be more then one. Maybe multiple enemies could do such things to you. There could be several different scenarios like this. Waking up in a cell (not like Elder Scrolls)... tied up on the floor of an orc "kitchen"... hung from a tree in a dangerous forest... lots of ideas here.

Items could be taken from you too.. like your compass, weapons.. not the same every time though. Random. It would be a serious test of your survival skills in the game. Can you make it out of there and back home to see another day!!??

If it was possible to mount animal heads etc.., I would not want some mechanic attached to them like scaring other animals away or monsters etc. I'm not even sure mounting heads would be a good idea. I think this is an area where a bit of class needs to be used, not bloody, nasty shit dripping off a post lol But I get what you mean. I think this game should be more kid friendly. I like my metal and horror movies etc.... but also want my kid to play this one day haha

It would be interesting to process stone to get the different finishes (textures). Same for wood actually. Stains etc.. So textures would be unlocked via more crafting instead of just being available from the start. So, if you want a rough stone path, then little needs to be done to the stone. But if you want a polished, smooth stone floor, more processing is required etc. But of course that's more work for the devs haha It is getting complex with content and added crafting mechanics.

Copperstone. I didn't suggest that haha

1. We can make several variants of one biome type, e.g. a desert which has very high temperature without any source of water or maybe we have a moderate desert, where we can find little sources of water
    2. We can so cluster our biomes and are able to set rules which biomes could be connected to eachother, e.g. a grass biome is allowed to be connected to a desert, a snow biome is not.
    3. We have this values, so we could say if a biome has a value between X and Y, the connected biome, has to have a certain value which is related to this.
    So we have the desert biome type, with the property "temperature" which must have an value between 40 and 60 degree and the value of the desert is located at 55° and we have a connected gras biome an grass biome type has even the property "temperature", which has a range from 12 til 30 degree. So as the biome gets generated a random number is defined, maybe 24°. What we can do now is to say the "border" of the biome is connected to the desert so make a temperature gradient from the center of the desert biome to the center of the grass biome. This results in the following if you pass the biome border the temperature will slowly goes down, like in the real world.

To get the best result you need to assign for your generated content even those clustered properties, for instance which vegetation, at which temperature and water availability grows.
    I hope you may understand, its to early to write good english

No worries, your english is fine. Like I said, I'll play RW either way, more realistic biome placement or not, but I would much prefer a simulated earth with equator and polar regions with everything in between. I can picture what you mean in your example. My question is, why is that better then having biomes like in my idea? What are the benefits of having biomes placed more like Minecraft style, in blobs?

I see it as 'the game is whatever you make it'.
    Want to survive? Then survive.
    Want to build? Then build.
    Want to explore? Go exploring.

I don't see it as Skyrim, Civilization, Rimworld, or any other games like that. I see it as what Minecraft 2 should be like... on steroids. I see it as not needing any 'mods'- it's all there already. There will be plenty to keep you busy- you won't need any "mini-games" to keep you entertained or interested. This game will be many things to many people- but 'boring' won't be one of them.

I trust Red. I think he knows what he's doing. He won't do anything stupid, and he won't let the game turn into a joke. It still has a long way to go- but I like the direction it's headed.

I agree... except the steriods.. no steriods!! There will be too much KOS!! :P I also hope RW will be enough without mods. Of course some mods may turn out to be great. But I don't want RW to rely on them like some games. I don't believe that will be the case though.

Providing that the right type of textures are added, you can make it look any you want , from ultra futuristic to stone age. And with the ability to switch off or on various aspects of the game (like hunger , PVP , attacking) the Game would be what you make of it. The only thing that has come close is the game Second Life

Wurm Online is pretty much what the players make it also. Depending on what server you're on of course... But the game doesn't tell the players what to do, it's completely up to the players. Along with it's own set of flaws etc... anyways.