Posts by ZaCormyr

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.1 (2024-09-02)

The problem with the videos should be fixed, BurningBoard had problems with the url "youtube-nocookie.com" (regular "youtube.com" was no problem) ;) Nice videos/soundtracks btw!
    About music: Of course we will bring music into the game :) We will generally rework some sounds and add more variety.

So the forum itself was the culprit!! haha ah well thanks for working that out! Yeah I wasn't able to paste those URL's either with the nocookie thing on it. Had to search for the video names...

I'm sure they will do more ambient music and give options for it (on/off). No E in my name! :P

I don't think the vids don't work because I'm in Canada. Just says "an error occured, please try again later"... no, "this video is restricted in your country" or whatever it says. I used to get that while in Mexico. But rarely... rarely get that here in Canada.

I don't need this equator thing, random biomes, was always nice at minecraft. Maybe a desert biome should not be located near a snowy mountain, we could use buffer biomes for it but thats another topic hehe.

Exactly, don't want snow next to desert. So how to organize them? Buffer biomes? So a swamp between snow and desert? I mean I'll play whatever in RW, but if we will talk about not wanting snow next to desert, might as well do something that creates immersion right? Thus the equator thing. Also, north and south would have meaning. Anyways.. I'm repeating myself haha

Could this be done or not? How about when player click on "RW" we would all be brought into a main lobby as individual players
    & we could enter a portal witch would let us enter into the server of our choices! Seems like not much of an idea but in fact
    bring all the servers into 1 mega game play instaid of all single server witch we never go visit anyhow! This could be a platform for futur
    "PVP" servers as each participating servers could go attack other servers instaid of going 1 on 1 with the same enemies in the same
    old boring server.... By this, private server could become gigantic clan instaid of being demolished by in server people only!

I like the idea of server vs server pvp. If done right that could be epic. But, I don't see all RW servers having one lobby. That would be a nightmare I think. So not sure how this pvp thing could be done. I would like to see server admins have their own lobbies etc... One thing I loved about minecraft was how server admins used lobbies to connect their different servers with different game modes on them etc...

Need some way to connect servers that want to participate in server vs server pvp events. skirmishes. And this should be able to be done after the world has started on the server. So some option that can be enabled. Not a portal placed in the world because that can be used to grief. Anyways... lol

This is what I am hoping for. The world filled with different species of plant, tree and animal etc.., each having it's own use or value. So a bunch of tree types with their own set of textures and possibly even building uses. You might not build a house with Yew, but you would most certainly use it for bows. Certain woods are better for structure. Or carving etc.. I hope RW goes in this direction. It provides more reason to explore and travel for resources.

I only mention this because, IMO, it is part of what you said. Cut a pine tree should give pine tree textures to choose from if building. It does look very different then say, black walnut, or cherry.

Not sure what you meant about stone.

you need stone and a additional ressource, which builds one type.

You mean for polishing the stone or something? To get a different finish on it?

I always saw the two coming hand in hand. The mage/wizard/magician has the inner skill, but they make a connection with the wand, and it is the wand which allows them to use their inner skill/powers in the physical world.

There is that yes. Ah well, regardless it doesn't really fit with Rising World. Maybe, I mean MAYBE in adventure mode some artifacts could have some powers or something. That I could support more. I've said before that I would like to RP in RW on AM haha

Well, if they are wands.. then where is the skill? It should be dependent on finding a more powerful wand. :P Skill comes from within. IF there were wands, or magic period, I would not want it to just be another ranged weapon and that's it.

Anyways, magic is hard for even me to fit into this game. And I love magic... dragons... etc etc

I would prefer an advanced tool you build to help mine faster. And yeah, explosive aren't really for collecting materials.. just removing them lol

Hellz yes to crickets at night! And when different biomes are added, crickets in some, other creepy nights sounds from bugs etc in others. :D Like frogs in the swamp and/or wetlands. Player gets near and they shut up so it's creepy quiet suddenly. I've experienced this myself, it can make the hair on the back of your neck stand up!

Edit: links don't work for me there killem. But I do like Einherjer. Thanks for sharing!

Love the announcement system! Gotta get that out there...

Thanks for the heads up on the next update. Hellz yes for new network code! Got my fingers crossed for just that! Farming is great too of course, more blocks etc.. Good stuff man! Looking forward to it!

@ZaCormyr, Sorry maybe I didn't understand you :)) there is no structural integrity considering the caves and terrain voxels yet (maybe they will implement it later). You can theoretically make flying islands and they won't fall.

You understood me. I just had a stupid moment, forgetting information I already knew haha. I knew structural integrity was only for buildings currently. Sigh... my bad.