Posts by ZaCormyr

Yes, because this would make it something special and I like subtle 'horror' or tension more than jump scares etc.

I am the same. The jump scares are too predictable. I prefer something just be creepy. Lurking.

I don't know about it being Japanese. Should remain Rising World. And rather then pester the player, I would prefer they actually made you uncomfortable. Like the first time you go swimming in Stranded Deep and a shark comes close. A bit of panic isn't bad... ;)

They don't have to be the same size. Devs can figure out what biomes should be larger, which are just connectors for the main biomes etc... they could be much thicker in areas. And if there are oceans added.. well that will mix it up a lot!!

That image is creepy as hell there Meltron haha Those would certainly make it difficult to go into, or stay in fog!

For snow, I just want the yeti lol Big hairy, somewhat smart beast in it's ice cave lair.

You can watch a Let's Play soon where someone will test my texture pack. I will post the link here then ;).

Looking forward to it!

Manta, you do all that yourself? Nice work! Is it all connected via hallways etc inside? Or each is it's own building?

I knew a cat a long time ago which lost an ear because of the radiator fan in a car... darn thing was sleeping in the engine when they turned it on.

But I think that might be going to far for the game lol

I might be wrong. I just kind of remember reading that grass will grow at some point. Maybe it should just grow back where you throw the seeds down for it. This would avoid it growing up through people's floors etc...

It all depends on if the devs make monsters spawn on the surface out in the open instead of just in dungeons and temples etc..

If monsters can be turned off completely, then I don't see why they couldn't spawn on the surface. If so, the better not chase the player across the map.

Yeah they are more intelligent then a deer etc right so.. makes sense to me and adds more danger to using vehicles or machines which are supposed to make things easier hehe

Yeah I think it's a great way to add more content, new architecture, building materials, crafting materials, unique items etc..

The concern I have seen is people don't want lore or story to restrict the player in some way. But I don't see how this would. And it fits with the generated worlds. Things don't have to be in a certain location. If there are elders which speak of it, then they can just describe how it looks. Or their village is evidence of new architecture like you said. It could be done several ways.

Hopefully it will be used for adventure mode (which from my understanding may have quests or at least goals etc..).

Here is the original thread about it: biome location

I never figured out the world is infinite thing. I suppose at the north and south poles it would just get so damn cold and barren that the player would not be able to survive for long and have to turn back. Let the cold just keep going, or turn into ocean. Whatever works. :)

The size of biomes will have to be tested. They need to be somewhat large, especially if vehicles will come. I don't want to be in a new biome every few minutes while driving. It would be great if biomes would take like a in game day or two to cross by foot if you didn't stop (of course you would have to stop no doubt.. so a little longer in the end). I could go larger but I doubt many people want it like that lol

Long distance is what I meant. Not something to be used for local travel. I mean very far. That way there would still be a need for vehicles etc.. Anyways, I don't really care either way if there are portals or not. Just if there are then it would be interesting to see them as totally random and only found in very dangerous dungeons (so they probably couldn't be used all the time for travel).

lmao.. I hadn't seen the pics they put up on Steam. Well hell.. just add those to the site!! But yeah it would be nice to use some community screens. I think people will really dig that. ;)

Biomes should be large enough that people simply can't develop all of it. Especially if there is an equator which means biomes are in strips across the world, instead of in pockets like in Minecraft. I have my fingers crossed for this so much it hurts lol

I just think that noisy vehicles would scare the wildlife away. But maybe, if monsters spawn on the surface, they attract the monsters. ;)

I like that as soon as you load the main page of the website (not the forum), it shows some screens from in game. Currently there is just some landscape and a few animals.

I would suggest that some buildings be shown. Show a simple camp site. Show a modern structure. Along with the wilds and animals... I want to see some stuff the devs have made!! Or, go the easy route and use community builds. :P If devs want, people could post screens here of a certain size and file type if you like. But I would prefer to see dev builds. :)

Just a thought to update the site a bit.