Posts by ArcaneDesmond

Okay, I was a bit on edge yesterday because I was in a lot of pain and there was probably a better way to approach this. This morning I cleared the Rising World cache and removed all the plugins. After doing this I cleaned up Java and the DNS Cache then proceeded to install these mods again one at a time. Installed the potato cannon & backpacks because well I like them, then yours following the instructions on the Github. I figured out what went wrong from there. I tried to install Omega Zirkel Tools which must of been a prior version as the instructions said we needed it. Today when I looked again there was a link to a (shared.zip_file) which had what I needed and it is what you have above as well. Didn't see that link before. My apologies, didn't want to upset you and as I said there probably was a better way to approach this. I am Sorry, problem has been resolved and it's working just fine.

Hehe, I'm glad to hear you like it! ;) Well, I'm thinking about that. I'm still not sure if backpacks should be part of the vanilla game, but if we add them, they will work slightly different than in this plugin (in this case, they will probably become an actual "clothing item")^^

That would be nice use "I" to open the backpack or "B" naturally I swapped the inventory to "E" out of habit. Some games use the Tab key for inventory other use E but hey inventory does start with I as we learn our ABC's :rolleyes:;) Hope you get the joke.

There are other websites you can get copyright free music from for your videos for example I use SoundCloud for some Artists like Zedion & Alpha Being. So long as you leave links to their various pages and give them full credits in the description you should be okay but stay away from the remixes! Remixes from any artist could result in a copyright claim because the music is a remix of someone else's work. Unless you have an email or licensed permission don't use the remixes from any artist even on YouTube's Library. I strongly recommend the following websites as they are HTTPS not HTTP which is an unsecure network.

https://incompetech.filmmusic.io/search/
    https://soundcloud.com/

Having lots of fun in Rising World these days and in celebration of getting so close to 250 subscribers I decided to revamp the subscriber pond. It's looking amazing now I'll even share some screenshots :thumbsup: With Smilo's house done we're paving our way to the Subscriber High Rises where we will build skyscaping apartments to the sky for all those subs that I don't know their names. We'll need an administration building, gardens, a pool and so much more to keep them all happy :saint: For tomorrow's video we modernize a bridge that just seemed out of place in a modern world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fC0T-5he3o

The potato gun is definitely a classic.. mentioned it to my Dad (He was born in 1960) and he laughed and told me he made them as a kid. :thumbsup: Noticed you could get infinite food from this hmm... intentional? :whistling:

What are you looking for exactly? The API can create GUIs for the game it is a bit tedious to get right as with every GUI code but it can be done. Regions you could define by areas to avoid spawn kills for instance.

Yeah I just don't understand that part. Learning Java as a beginner from Minecraft and basic easy plugins here on Rising World but when it comes to creating a GUI for scoreboards I raise an eyebrow and give up because I just don't understand it.

How to add the game ? I dont know

1) Download the Potato.zip file above.
    2) Open your Rising World Directory in steam and then the folder called plugins if you do not have on simply create one.
    3) Unzip the potato.zip file into the plugins folder, exit, start rising world & enjoy!

Hope this helps you out my friend :thumbup:

MODERN WARFARE PLUG-IN (WIP)

Okay turns out a lot of the textures I worked on in Blender I saved in the wrong format. Back to the drawing board... With a good look into all the example plugins that @red51 has kindly provided this is a list of what I'll start adding to the plug-in though the availability for a download and sharing will be a long way out.

Weapons & Ammo
    *These will be available in the Tier II Bench!
    1) Ammo Types - 357, 22, 7.62, 5.56, 9 mm, & 12 Gauge.
    2) Weapons Types - Shotguns, Lever-Action, Pistols, Automatic Rifles & Even a Minigun! <3
    3) Explosive Types - Satchel Charges, Molotov Cocktails, Rockets, Missiles, Grenades & Yes they will be able to deal property and NPC damage.
    4) Other Weapons - Missile Launcher & Rocket Launcher

Armor Types
    *These will be available in the Loom!
    1) Police Standard Issue Shield
    2) Swat Issue Shield
    3) Explosive Shield
    4) Standard Bullet Proof Vest
    5) Swat Armor
    6) Concussive Armor

Other:
    I realize a lot of users aren't accustomed to the modern approach in the game which is why I am working on a PVP style map with regions and a GUI for multiple scoreboards tallies would be greatly needed. However the API doesn't seem to have this feature just yet. When it does I will put the Plug-in & Map up for download so everyone could enjoy.

Wow it's been a very long time since I've shared much on here and that's mostly because my health problems have gotten worse and I got too tired by the end of the day. In the latest episode of 94 Didi & I had some PVP fun and she's building a home for me on her world so I gave her a hand.

Now apart from this we are also very, very close to finishing up Smilo's home after all these episodes and it's been a lot of fun! I learned quite a bit from building with planks and beams especially how every time you exit and load the game @red51 there's a bug where the planks and beams don't stay on their correct grid upon game reload. Despite this SmiloSabercat's house has turned out very amazing! I am very proud of this just need a away to disable the terrain from blueprinting because I fear it could cause world corruption from moving chunks from one world to another.

Here's some screenshots of the home even made a custom bear rug one could sit upon and feel like a kid once again! :saint:

Can someone please provide an example plugin I can work off of for the following mod that I am working on? It's a WIP. The problem is I have the textures and sounds but have no idea how to implement them into a mod for Rising World.

1.) Minigun- I want to retexture the mining drill into a minigun and add ammunition for it. Where does this texture go, sound effects etc..? (Textures Complete)
    2.) Rocket Launchers - Same concept but move the drill to a shoulder mounted weapon. (Textures Complete)
    3.) Grenades - Textures Complete
    A. (And More Assault weapons) - Textures Complete
    B. (Added Mithril Grenades)

4.) Jetpacks - indev
    A. Custom Armors - indev
    B. Gunship boats ? (not indev yet)

5.) Mithril Fuel rods? How long does 64 coal burn for?
    6.) Retextured the furnaces into 3 different class generators. (Textures Complete) Need help with custom GUI for loading fuel.
    A. Added lamp posts.
    B. Added copper wire.
    c. More Electronics? (Indev)

Want functional tv's? How about a fridge to keep those foods fresh from spoiling? Are those pesky neighborhood bandits not enough? Try the minigun sure granny won't mind :thumbsup:

Some Stuff I've Noticed:

1) Player - When the player is turning the camera in-game close to constructions, objects or walls a black layer becomes visible on either side of the camera when moving the camera either right or left. Not sure if this is a bug or if it's what may be causing it. Some feedback on the config on what may be causing the black flickering would be greatly appreciated.

2) World Generation - When I started Season 5 it was on a new world before the enemies were added. Since then I've noticed that in some locations the ocean cuts into plains instead of the generation flowing with it. I know the world generation will be fixed eventually but I just wanted to point this out.

3) Enemies - Are they restricted to a specific biome? I cranked the bandits up to 200 and reduced the rats & dungeon NPCs to 25% and yet the bandits only seem to love jumping down large caverns and getting stuck there but only in the mountains. Can they please be allowed to spawn in the plains & brushlands as well? If in the winter biome or others perhaps different clothing to suit the environment?

4) Animal Grazing - Okay I love this herd mentality, but I want to ask if there's a possibility if pigs, boars & piglets could be added as their own faction? What I mean by faction is they live together but can be aggressive towards one another if one adult boar comes in contact with another pack and wants to assume leadership role? Nature vs. Nurture. Perhaps more animals that act within this same behavior? Example: Mama Bear really doesn't like it when humans get close to her cubs. At the moment they just haul at you without provocation. Animal AI?

*Other than this I love the updates keep up the amazing work! Having protagonists in the game really helps bring it to life.

Hmm.. these bandits and health meters gives me an idea but I don't know where to start. @red51 how would I create a floating health indicator for the bandits, skeletons & other NPC's? What I mean is a health indicator to tell us what their health is as we attack them? The little I know about Java is how to create custom loot tables, skins, textures & recipes. As for GUI I don't know a thing about it nor where to even start as I learned this stuff from Minecraft including data pack creation.

Example:

{
    "type": "crafting_shaped",
    "pattern": [
    "# #",
    "# #",
    " "
    ],
    "key": {
    "#": {
    "item": "minecraft:iron_nugget"
    }
    },
    "result": {
    "item": "minecraft:chainmail_boots",
    "count": 1
    }

}

In Rising World the recipes are completely different. If I was to swap the iron_nugget out for an iron_ingot in RW to make custom chainmail armor it doesn't work. The GUI is even more confusing because like I said I don't understand it nor to what workbench I would add the custom armor to. Any chance you could lend a modder a hand please? I want to bring some really cool things into the game and I'm confused by the GUI as I want it to be a part of the mod.

@red51 what I meant by a narrator is kind of like what Mojang implemented for Minecraft in 1.12. It narrates every action in the game from a cow that moos to the block you place or break. Also I happened to notice that Skeletons were respawning in previously looted dungeons and rats were taking over my quarry site. I disabled the rats because you can't kill them for some reason, they breed like rabbits and are a nightmare on your FPS. It's like their hitbox is too small. Anyways yeah about the narrator it's just something I thought of because I seen it being used not just in Minecraft but in other games as well for years.