Posts by MommaT

Hello! Thank you for the plugin. I have downloaded and installed gps_1_1_0.zip . I created the pulgins folder as I have no other plugins. I can see the need coordinates at the bottom center of the screen, but I cannot bring up the GUI. I tried typing /gps and also /gps on in the command line chat screen. Both of these get me a "Command not found" answer.

I am running in singleplayer on a Mac, using OSX 10.11.6 Not sure that makes a difference. That the coordinates show and seem to work tells me it's properly installed. When I move the coordinates change. (I have changed the settings. properties to: allowTpToWp=1 and was hoping to test that, as well as set a waypoint.

Any ideas?

Thanks again—I hope I can get it to work!

OK, noob question. How do you use the position coordinates to navigate to a place? I have a compass and I can of course use that to easily get back to my base. However, I've noted several interesting spots in a very mountainous region. The mountains make it hard to travel in a straight line and see very far. When I try to use the coordinates I can't seem to make the numbers all change in the direction of the desired position. If I move toward the first number the second and third numbers are way off, and vice versa. Is there a trick to it? ?(

Would love to be able to place multiple markers (in addition to base) and use the compass to navigate to them.

Agreed! Top priority in my humble opinion. Way more important than dungeons! The possibilities would TRULY be endless. Minecrafters eat your hearts out.

I didn't know that because I have to play in windowed mode and the bottom of my screen below the health bar is cut off. I did switch to full screen to check it out, and I see it. If you hover over a block you can get an ID but not if you hover over a board or beam. So adding that would be nice, placing it over the health bar would be nicer (for me ;) )!

The reason I can't use full screen is that the Steam Overlay simply does not work for Mac. I can't run ANY game with Steam Overlay enabled. I do sometimes like to minimize the game and look at something on the web and I can't do it it in fullscreen. The FKeys simply don't work unless I quit the game. Pretty annoying. Yes, Mac just isn't well supported in the game world. Even in windowed mode I can't get the helpful (I hear) help screen to show with F1. Oh well, I can deal with it.

I would love a toggle or button or key combo that we could activate to tell us the item ID of a material (block or wood beam for example). So that when we are adding to a building we can easily identify what material we used and then can select the correct color item ID in the crafting bench! You might be able to hover over a material in a build and invoke a command to reveal the label, or turn on a toggle (like "control" when precision building) to then have the labels be activated.

Now that we have weather, it brings up the possibility that rain may help crops and other plants to grow more quickly, in biomes that get more rain. And conversely, if you settle in the desert you garden could actually wither and die if you don't get rain, OR actually provide water yourself. Snow might ruin the crop. This might require some sense of seasons—plant in spring harvest in summer and autumn.

I suppose water physics could be required, but maybe not.

Weather should affect our health. Don't know if it does? If we go into a snowy biome we could freeze, or staying out in the rain could chill us. Whereas deserts could dehydrate us faster, or even cause sunstroke (like dizziness?).

Animals, I, and others, have already asked about getting eggs and milk from farm animals. I assume that's planned. However I'm disturbed that we don't get meat from any animal we kill. Seems like we should.

Also, animals should destroy gardens and compete with us for food. Some animals might be nighttime hunters, too. So, is we're out at night we may be more likely to be attacked by a tiger or something like that.

Not asking for anything right away—just possible things for the future.

Really! Lots of possibilities. It seems like users are full of great ideas and many are very good builders. I wonder if Red has considered letting users build assets such a your shipwreck or other ruins and either allowing Red to just add it to the game, or to create a Community sharing system where users can pick additional assets to be added (and randomly spawned) into their games? I'm thinking about the huge community of people who build assets for Cities Skylines. These get added to the the Steam CS workshop and you can subscribe to the ones you want to use in the game.

This could be used for furnishings, buildings, etc. or even other kinds of assets (were there an "asset builder" plugin).

So funny. Yes. Fellow Mac user, and I get the rain inside too. I think I saw it under ground as well, but I can't swear to it. EDIT: Yep. Rains inside the mine! My specs are similar:
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)
    3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB
    OS X El Capitan (Version 10.11.6)

The game runs pretty smooth. I haven't experienced crashing since the update. Before that it would crash once or twice per session. Usually I took it as a sign I'd been playing long enough!

I can't see the rain through the glass either. Speaking of glass, I notice it now requires me to get sand. Hmm. Do I have to go to the desert or beach for that?

I've not see it snow yet, but I'm wondering if it only snows in a snowy biome? In that case I wonder if it rains less frequently in the desert—would be cool and logical it that were the case. ^^
    EDIT: Yes!! Snowing on the snowy mountain when it's raining in the valley. Snow mixed with rain in the frosty terrain in between. So neat. Fun stuff.

I have logged 128 hours on my favorite game—Rising World. First off thank-you to Red51 and his team for making a game I can play, and for developing it for both PC and Mac. (There are so few games I like and can play effectively that are made for Mac.) It's fairly stable for me—and more-so lately than early on—it does tend to crash/quit once or twice per session—but I can live with that.

I feel like I now have good handle on building, and basic survival. I find that food gathering/production is probably too easy, and if you leave bears plenty of space they'll leave you alone. Mining kinda bores me. Though I do like chopping down trees. I've broken my leg and healed it. I've built several houses, captured and housed animals, and started on a zoo (in creative). But now what? I love this game, but I'm starting to get bored.

Maybe a community is what I need? How does one go about joining others on a server? (I've never played a multiplayer game or minecraft. I have no idea what the etiquette is.) Do I need an invite?

Someone mentioned, adding quests to the game—that would be something to do! Is anyone writing these?

I know that launching the "API" was a big deal. (I had to look up what the heck is an API.) But for us who are not programmers, is it anything we could use? Is there documentation? If not for mere mortals, are people programming add-ons for the game? if so what and how do we non-programmers use them?

In multiplayer games is it possible to cooperate in building projects—both build on the same project?

Is it possible to play in 3rd person mode? I'd like to occasionally see my character do something. Though until we get a better model, or customizable ones, I don't want to see that bald dude so much.
    ;)

I would love it if we could place any of the items: buckets, food items, tools, etc. and have them stay there. Imagine a table set with food on plates! Also hang up your tools in the barn. So many possibilities.

You can hack the bookshelves to allow placement of decorative items. Put a matching board in place where the shelf is, and it'll allow placement of items.

Would also be cool if we could plant flowers in the pots provided.

I finally figured out how to use the Enter key to select a level in the Terrain tools. But I can only get flat levels one full block above or below the next with a sloped (45°?) between levels. This results in terraced "steps". I wish there was an option for creating more natural slopes in 1–5 degree increments, something closer to what a walk or roadway might use. So the level grid tool with say an option key for degree of slope. :)

Since the new update which allows animals to not walk through walls I have successfully contained my farm animals in fenced areas. Yay!

This led me to try to create a Zoo. I first decided to experiment with an elephant enclosure surrounded by a moat, with a small fence on the outside to allow for unobstructed viewing. The moat is deep with vertical sides and pretty impossible to escape, I would think. As I built, I spawned an elephant inside to see what would happen. It stayed there, but I lost track while building and then later realized somehow it did get out. I finished the build sealing up any means of escape. I spawned 2 more elephants inside. They seemed to explore the area, and even went down in the moat and somehow manage to climb back out to their island inside the enclosure. Then night fell and they went to sleep, one of them at the bottom of the moat. I checked on him—he was happily snoozing underwater.

In the morning however, both elephants were gone. Simply vanished. The one earlier escapee was still in the area, but the two convicts were nowhere to be found—did some flying reconnaissance on the fugitives, but did not see them. Did they die and the bodies disappear? Is it because of the moat? I didn't want there to be a fence on the island itself, but that will be my next experiment. I guess maybe moats won't work, and I'll have to go with pits (lined with block) to contain animals so that I can avoid the old-fashioned iron-bar-prison type of Zoo.

Any ideas? :?: