Posts by MommaT

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.1 (2024-09-02)

I finally figured out how to use the Enter key to select a level in the Terrain tools. But I can only get flat levels one full block above or below the next with a sloped (45°?) between levels. This results in terraced "steps". I wish there was an option for creating more natural slopes in 1–5 degree increments, something closer to what a walk or roadway might use. So the level grid tool with say an option key for degree of slope. :)

Since the new update which allows animals to not walk through walls I have successfully contained my farm animals in fenced areas. Yay!

This led me to try to create a Zoo. I first decided to experiment with an elephant enclosure surrounded by a moat, with a small fence on the outside to allow for unobstructed viewing. The moat is deep with vertical sides and pretty impossible to escape, I would think. As I built, I spawned an elephant inside to see what would happen. It stayed there, but I lost track while building and then later realized somehow it did get out. I finished the build sealing up any means of escape. I spawned 2 more elephants inside. They seemed to explore the area, and even went down in the moat and somehow manage to climb back out to their island inside the enclosure. Then night fell and they went to sleep, one of them at the bottom of the moat. I checked on him—he was happily snoozing underwater.

In the morning however, both elephants were gone. Simply vanished. The one earlier escapee was still in the area, but the two convicts were nowhere to be found—did some flying reconnaissance on the fugitives, but did not see them. Did they die and the bodies disappear? Is it because of the moat? I didn't want there to be a fence on the island itself, but that will be my next experiment. I guess maybe moats won't work, and I'll have to go with pits (lined with block) to contain animals so that I can avoid the old-fashioned iron-bar-prison type of Zoo.

Any ideas? :?:

Maybe you could try this: Go to your game directory (steamversion: rightclick on rw in steam -> properties -> local files -> browse local files), then open the "config.properties" file with a texteditor, set "game_debug_console" to true, then save the file and start the game again. Now load a world and place a saloon door, try to walk through it, and if it doesn't work, try to remove it. Then quit the game, and go to the "Logs" folder in your game directory.

Hi Red51! I did what you said. This time the door worked fine I placed it with and without a block doorframe. I was able to walk through either one, and I was able to destroy both of them. I also threw out the stack and the crate didn't hang in the air. Who know's what happened before, when I got the strange behavior, but it's working correctly now.

Files

I just went to the website and saw the list for the "Planned Features". It's quite long and includes some of what I've been wanting. Love the idea of vehicles and rail.

I too have broken leg in my survival world, and I guess that's going hamper my movement some! Ha.

But speaking of stocking up on inventory— I've wondered why we can't transport loaded chests to new locations? I'm not a Minecraft player myself, but I've watched it, and it seems like this is feature needed for establishing outposts or taking long trips?

Thoughts?

The "infiniteitems" took me by surprise. I thought it was a bug until I went back through the change log. I guess I could see where this would be a boon for people who like to build a lot and fast. I was not able to walk through the saloon doors but I placed them just out in the open. maybe they have to be between blocks. I also was not able to remove them, and when I used the pick to destroy them it destroyed the two upright beams and left the doors floating in space. I could not remove those. Though quitting the game and reopening it cleared that.

When throwing out a stack of items from the inventory it creates a giant crate, and in my case the grate landed on a corner and continued to hover there. Again this was cleared after a restart.

The animal update is great! In my creative world, I spawned back my farm animals and they are all still there! For the animal NPCs my wish is to have them produce milk/eggs/meat (goats, sheep, rabbits too) AND to reproduce, i.e. we don't have a farm like a zoo. They aren't just to look at. That may require male and female animals, or I guess you could just have a "breed" switch to decide who's going to be pregnant when. And a long interval before the babies come.

For capturing animals in survival, I would like to see a staff of some sort used to harmlessly prod them. Also, you could build a wide "funnel" type fence in areas where the animals congregate and then drive them toward your holding pens. Lots of possibilities.

Wish list: horses, dogs, herding behavior, half-size blocks (width as well as height), rotatable blocks, round beams (poles), less acutely bumpy ground, naturally bumpy, yes—weirdly bumpy not so much. Water physics! Characters, male and female, customizable—and an optional 3rd person view. I don't want much do I?

Couldn't care less about dungeons or monsters. There are more than enough games out there for that. Which is why I chose Rising World in the first place. That and it's creative and pretty.

I'm enjoying playing while the game evolves! Thanks devs for your hard work. :thumbsup:

I'm new to the game, and the forum. I haven't found this anywhere, but I may not have searched for the right term. I have a practice world I've playing in Creative mode. I wandered around until I found an area I loved, I wrote down the "Global" number 2733 43 3205. The last number on the top line under the f3 key. I typed this number (without spaces) into the Seed field when I generated a new world. I wanted to play Survival mode and spawn in at that location. (It was mixedforest near a lake or ocean with islands not far offshore. Very nice.)

Instead I spawned in some where else pretty far from any shore near as I can tell. I didn't write down the seed number, but it was completely different. What did I do wrong? Perhaps "Global" isn't the right number? What number is correct for spawning in a new world at a particular point? Or does it even work this way?

Where I am is fine for learning the Survival mode, but at some point I'd like to try for more the biome/location I'd love to be in.

I'm pretty new too. Having a blast, just in creative mode so far. Flying is super fun and it is a quick way to zip around and see different kinds of biomes. Though you'll need a compass or your base coordinates to get back first. In creative that's no problem you can build all you crafting benches and everything without having to mine for resources.

It took me a while to figure out how to fly. It's press F2 then look up and press W to gain altitude. Press F2 again to go back to walking. It's handy way to recover should you fall in a hole or "through the world." Falling through the world is possible and is pretty disconcerting when it happens!

Funny discussion. Yes, having the the animals/NPC not walk through stationery objects is needed. I built a farm, and spawned my animals in their pens. It looked pretty great for about a day and night cycle, then my animals just walked off—except for one goat who seems to like her pen. The rest do hang around nearby, just not where I wanted them. I love that they lay down and go to sleep at night—though with their eyes open, which is a bit creepy. It's quite comical to see your snoring pig's head sticking through the wall of your house.

I think babies, or multiplying domestic animals would be cool—but if that couldn't happen, then being able to get milk from the cows and goats and eggs from the chickens would be awesome. One other thing re: the animals. We need a staff/stick or something we could use to prod or herd animals we can catch into the pens we build rather than to "cheat" and spawn them via the console.

Thanks! I finally realized that you have to HOLD the F key while it "picks up" the bench—not just tap it. Having fun. I may compile a list of CMDs. Would it help anyone to have them here?

BTW—II'm a Mac User. I know... but I like them. F1 and F2 don't work for me. By default those keys open the Spotlight search (sys level cmd). I have disabled that, but I still can't get the cool "help" screen to come up with F1. The one shown in the video with the colorful keyboard instructions. If any other Macusers are around and have a tip I'd appreciate it.

I should probably re-map the "drop" key away from the Q. I constantly hit that one by mistake.

These are really helpful videos!

I'm a total noob, and mostly just want to play in creative. I am finding it hard to find (and memorize the keyboard cmds for any of the building tools. I'm also not able to find a list here. I can see the ones listed in the settings, but those aren't complete. Do you have a list or know where we can find one?

I thought I knew, for example, how to move the crafting benches. But now I cannot remember the right cmd to pick them up! I can't find anything on that here in the forums. Search doesn't seem to work very well. Or I don't know what to search for!

Thanks again. I subscribed to your Youtube, have watched a lot already. :thumbsup: