Posts by MommaT

The campfire is really loud. Also I think most of us use the campfire in houses for fireplaces and cooking fires. The problem is the noise and the firelight bleeds through the walls-- a lot.

I have a fire in a basement of a really large build, I can hear it on the third floor, and the light glows through to the first floor. If the glow could be fixed to not bleed through walls at all, that would be great. (Like torches. I don't think they bleed through walls.)

If the noise can be lessened or controlled in settings (without turning all sound effect off) that would help too.

I have tried to place a grill over torches for cooking but that doesn't seem to work.

Nice Vids Arcane Desmond. I subscribed and liked your latest RW. I am a brand new new You Tuber, too. I'm building a big building in creative right now in my Channel, Wollaton Hall (Batman's house). Please have a look. I'm only learning about making videos. I just bought a good mic, so my 7th Ep should sound better. :thumbsup:

I'm playing survival in another world, and will get back to that too.

VERY NICE! Ambitious given it's Survival mode. That's a lot of digging for stone! :thumbsup:

I am embarking on a big build of Wollaton Hall. (Batman's house—but the historical version.) I am documenting the process on YouTube. HOWEVER I am doing it in Creative mode. I just couldn't face the digging! Plus, I'm using lots of blueprints of components to speed the repetitious placing of elements. So you all who build big in Survival have my admiration. I couldn't or wouldn't go there. ^^

I would like to request what I hope is a very easy thing to add in the interim before we get a completely revamped construction element system.

More "real world" colors.
    New additional "plaster" colors. Adding additional plaster colors should be very easy. Just use the current texture for plaster (the ones that are now colored the garish, bright primary colors) and add a series of pale pastels, and also darker more muted/less saturated colors. Here are my suggested colors:

Light wall colors:
    Pale blue: #97d7fc
    Pale pink: #fcc3fb
    Pale green: #b9f8cf
    Pale yellow: #f3faa7
    Pale orange/peach: #fbd4a5
    Light tan/ecru: #baae90

Darker more muted colors (for trim or accent):
    Dark blue: #596bae
    Dark pink: #9c6497
    Dark green: #568667
    Dark gold: #b59e30
    Light brown/warm gray: #8f7455
    Burgundy: #6f2b4e
    Purple: #644e85

These would go a long way in helping us make more beautiful builds. Even just the top four added colors would make a huge difference. Maybe someday, Paint? (I saw one game that has a "paintgun" allowing players to apply paint to blocks in any number of colors.)

Woodgrain goes the wrong direction
    I've noticed on several woodgrain textures wherein the woodgrain aligns on the short axis (across the length of the board) instead of along the length longways. One that comes to mind is ID70 but many many of them do this. It's very counter intuitive. It may make no difference when you are building a flat surface with blocks, but pile them to make a length/column or make a plank or beam then the woodgrain going across looks very odd indeed. These textures should be rotated 90°.

Woodlogs are great! Smaller sizes?
    I am so loving the woodlogs as an added shape. I have found many uses for them already—but the smallest size is still too big. I would love it if we had two more sizes smaller. Also, for bigger sizes please consider adding perhaps and additional woodlog with 32 or even 64 triangles so that enlarging it is smoother? I understand the limitations—though perhaps these may be used less frequently so not so much a problem? (convex resizable arcs too! :* )

Ornamental tiles too big and behave strangely
    So glad we have a few... Though the scale is too big, and they behave strangely. Patterned tiles have lots of possibilities. Ideally someday there might be a GUI interface that would allow us to easily apply our own textures to construction elements in-game. But in the meantime, we have these. In my view, the patterns themselves need to be about 1/4 to 1/5 the size they now are. What look to be 4" (10 centimeter) square kitchen tiles are blown up to fit four on a block. My guess is that, in the real world, a block is 20" (50cm) square. (A standard door is 80" (203cm) tall or 4 blocks in game, thus a 20" block.) So just reducing the size would help. Obviously knowing what size the real tile texture was in the real world would be the guide for resizing them in the game.

But they also behave unpredictably when placed. Maybe it's because I have been using these textures as tiles (planks) rather than blocks. (Blocks are huge and don't fit in the build where I would want tiles!) When I try to place tiles no matter the size of the plank (full sized or smaller) the preview of the pattern is never what I get when I place it. It shifts. Then the patterns do not align to each other. I thought that there must be a coordinate or something the pattern is trying to align to, but I can't figure it out. Enlighten me?

Please add 2 window frame colors
    White and black. These are the most common colors for window frames and are missing. They don't even need a texture just the color!

And one more request...

Triangle preview
    Please add a triangle shaped preview for that shape—currently it's a rectangle

I don't want much. :S I realize these aren't related to gameplay, which a lot of people are wanting right now. But as a building game, these would help, and may be easy enough to implement.

Thank you for a great game! and for being so responsive to your users!! :thumbsup:

Oh... one more thought. Is it possible to add a block or square element with a rounded edge/corner? Then we could make cushions or softer adobe blocks etc.

O.M.G!!! The resizable log items are a game changer for building (almost)! Sweet. A little rough when enlarged, but still. THANK YOU! Now how about a resizable arc? I thought you meant the block were resizable, but it's just the other elements. Anyway Thanks!

Looks like the new crafting stations will be fun in survival mode too. I'll be putting a spinning wheel in my creative build also, ;)

:thumbsup:

Wow! That's quite a list!!! Something for everyone.

[Change] You can reset the size of a construction element by holding the "resize" key (shift) while pressing the reset key

This sounds like what I've been pining for, I can't wait to find out. But what de you mean by "reset" key? "Delete"? Shift Delete? Well, I guess I will have to go try it out!

Not sure what's coming in the update tomorrow, hope it's stability! (Rotation and scaling of all the blocks and stuff!)

I'm beginning to think that RW has a built in timer. I cannot play for more than 1 hour, sometimes less, before the game just quits. Luckily everything seems to save but It's getting worse rather than better. I can't pinpoint any particular action or thing that precedes a crash, it's random, but it seems like one hour is the limit. ;(

My system:

iMac (mid 2012) stop laughing, gamers.
    3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB
    1TB Harddrive (SSD+mechanical combo)
    OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan

Harv, I am a brand new YouTuber with an iMac too. I run the game through Steam and find that the Steam Overlay simply does not work for me so I have to disable it. Then I use Quicktime to record, and I have to play in windowed mode so that I can use F11 to switch and get to the Quicktime controls. It's all very clumsy. I still record in almost full screen, and when I save it down for YT I have tried "medium" and that seemed to work, and file isn't too big. I tend to get engrossed and record for too long. But I've just started using a timer to keep me at 30 mins, and with one that long I can save in "high" and file is 5gb or less. So that may be the sweet spot for me.

I can't imagine running discord, and two games at once. Good Lord, my fan is running from the moment I turn on RW. What is your experience like with all that? Laggy at all? Crashing? See above for my system specs, though I think we've got almost identical Macs.

Do you also have an issue with the Steam overlay? :?:

Red51, hurrah! It's fixed. I still get the odd crashing here and there almost every session, and it doesn't seem tied to anything in particular that I am doing at the time. I don't know if it's related to the game, or my Mac. But thank you for been so quickly responsive to your users with the Steam server issue! I will be singing your praises on YouTube.

Harv, I found that it is not raining inside for me in either my survival or creative worlds. You might try creating a new seed and see if that make a difference. I found that it was true whether in a house or under a rock ledge, or a cave. No rain!

However, fog still seeps in to the caves. I also found ruins and a dungeon in an older world when I went off exploring!

I've started having this issue also. It usually happens after a crash, and that seems to be happening more often too. I went to Steam after the RW crash and restarted Steam and then tried to restart RW, but I got the "waiting for response from Steam". Tried several times, but then I tried opening another game (Obduction) and that opened fine. Tried again to open RW and got the same "waiting for response from steam" message. I hope it clears up soon, I have a big build going and I'm publishing to YouTube. There are so few games I can play, and this is my favorite.

My system:

iMac (mid 2012) stop laughing, gamers.
    3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB
    1TB Harddrive (SSD+mechanical combo)

OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan

However the issue with rain happening inside and not through the glass has been fixed on mac. Yay. Can you check with steam and see if it's a RW issue?

Yes. I have just checked again, I have opened several other games from Steam, it's just Rising World that won't open for me. I'll check again tomorrow. I see an update is coming Monday...

Hey, I've just started a YouTube series on building Wollaton Hall. I'm a relative beginner compared to others here. Brand new YouTuber too. But you can see the series here: https://www.youtube.com/playli…921VRrITrj8E9E85aCOiY2Y1H

You can skip through the part with me talking. I'm just beginning, and it will take a while to complete. But check back when I'm further along.

Red51, of course you are welcome to any screen shots you would like, if I get this done and looking good.

I don't think there are typos. I typed it just as shown. The settings.properties file I used a text editor (Text Wrangler—which I use for HTML and CSS coding so I think it's a simple editor) and changed only the 0 for a 1. So it's doubtful that changed. I will try removing the setting file as you suggest, and report back.

EDIT: I removed the settings.properties file from the plugins. Restarted RW and the coordinates are still showing normally, I typed: /gps (hit enter) but got the "command not found" reply. I typed: /gps on and also got the same reply. I also tried renaming the settings.properties file and leaving it in the plugins folder. Restarting RW and trying the same commands—I get the same result.

So it doesn't appear to be a problem with the settings.properties file.