Posts by MommaT

Gibt es diesen Thread auf dem englischen Forum? Sorry, ich lese kein deutsch, also verwende ich Google Translate. ICH HABE VIEL WOLLEN dieses Plugin! Ich spiele im Einzelspieler. Ich habe Fragen!

Funktioniert das Plugin auf einem Singleplayer? Gibt es Anweisungen für die Installation?

Welches Programm verwenden Sie, um die Objekte zu erstellen? (Freie Open Source?) Das wäre noch eine Sache zu lernen, aber ich würde mich freuen, es zu versuchen.

Gibt es da oder gibt es hier einen Platz in den Foren, um spielerische Gegenstände auszutauschen? Wie sind Gegenstände in das Spiel geladen ... oder macht das Plugin das für dich? (Ich nehme an, das ist der Zweck davon.)

Könnte diese Art von Plugin für Benutzer gemacht Objekte immer in der Vanille-Version des Spiels enthalten sein?
    Vielen Dank!

Does this thread exist on the English forum? Sorry I don't read German so I am using Google Translate. I SO MUCH WANT this plugin! I play in singleplayer. I have questions!

Does the plugin work on a singleplayer install? Are there instructions for installation?

What program are you using to create the objects? (free open source?) That would be one more thing to learn but I would be excited to try.

Are there or could there be a place here on the forums to exchange player-made objects? How are objects load into the game... or does the plugin do that for you? (I assume that is the purpose of it.)

Might this type of plugin for user made objects ever be included in the vanilla version of the game?

Just started up today on 0.8.2.2_35. The flickering of the plank element is gone, though now there are some seams visible when you look at them from different positions. That's OK, way better! The posters also are much improved. They don't flicker much only a few flickers when moving around but it's 95% better! So GREAT! Massive improvement there—and I didn't have change anything.

Rotation control key glitch also fixed perfectly! Thanks!!!! :thumbsup:

Yes. I am having the same rotation issue. I have made a short video of this and of a flickering problem with planks and with posters. This is after the latest hot fix. As of late April 28th. 6 pm MST (USA Mountain time).
    Video here: https://youtu.be/j4Kim_V25jQ

First part shows the flickering issue. This is planks applied over a block wall, and then posters also flicker whenever you move. Second part shows the control key rotation issue.

Yes. I am having the same rotation issue. I have made a short video of this and of a flickering problem with planks and with posters. This is after the latest hot fix. As of late April 28th. 6 pm MST (USA Mountain time).
    Video here: https://youtu.be/j4Kim_V25jQ

First part shows the flickering issue. This is planks applied over a block wall, and then posters also flicker whenever you move. Second part shows the control key rotation issue.

"PS: a compass can only have 0-359 degrees that distance is in blocks i.e. you have travelled a straight distance of 37774 blocks from your spawn."

Of course! You're right. I wasn't sure what to call it. but Blocks make perfect sense. I will give your idea a try.

I have a world that I think I seeded by typing Lake in the seed field. It has mountains, forests, temperate grasslands, and yes, lakes. It also has at least one snow biome. It does not appear to have any savannas, deserts or beaches. I have flown due east for more than 3 game days, what must be the equivalent of thousands(?) of miles. I haven't seen anything but the above forests and mountains. I am convinced the world has only these biomes. Is that possible?

I though when you generated a world it will make one with all possible biomes, but place you nearest the biome you typed in the seed field. Am I mistaken? :/

If I need glass, and I do, I guess I will have to "cheat" and just make it in creative. No sand for me. :(

I should add that this is furthest I have been from base. the further I go the more it seems to lag. Is this common also? I am 37,774 (degrees?) east of my base. So, pretty far.

I agree. I love it that we HAVE weather, but it does seem to rain at least everyday in game days. Sometimes more. Maybe randomized to just 1/3 of days or less? Also fog is pretty darn thick at times, comically so, but I believe this is noted and will be fixed.

Mining sand with a pick. LOL. I'm trying to imagine how this would work in real life. Maybe it's time to add that pictured shovel to Rising World. ;)

Oh. I'm back in now too. Yay! :thumbsup:

Yes. It runs fairly well on my Mac. Tho I do crash/quit almost 1 hour exactly into playing every session. That's OK since I've never lost or corrupted a game. My Mac is fairly high-end. My daughter can't run it on hers. There a few games for us! So I am happy to have Rising World!

I had this issue prior to the 0.8.1.2 hot fix. I've been playing for 2-3 weeks since. Then this morning I can't start the game. Same error. "Waiting for response from Steam." then the error message saying Steam's servers are not responding. Other games do start up ok. Only affects RW. ;(

I should add, that I played this just last night, and nothing changed as far as I know. It doesn't get past the opening logo screen.

My specs:
    iMac (mid 2012) stop laughing, gamers.
    3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB
    1TB Harddrive (SSD+mechanical combo)
    OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan

Add an immediate operation undo function. When placing blocks/elements or blueprints. Have an immediate undo (cmd z) to undo that one operation.

big buildings have to be blueprinted in pieces else parts don't paste correctly

Well ... I guess I will have to experiment. Probably try to to move the building sooner rather than later. Maybe I could try moving it in layers. Like basement and ground floor. Then first floor and second floor. It has a lot of decorative elements on it, and maybe I'll have to do most of that after the move. This is the actual building I am trying to replicate:

A gas pump made for my abandoned gas station. Decals sadly are not included with blueprints, but I might upload some to go with the pumps to imgur. Only the pump is included so far, but I will likely include the whole site once it's finished as a blueprint. Please note, I am using a custom texture on the hose which is replacing one of the blank textures, hopefully it will still show as black.

pump_1485958169.blueprint

Wait, what? "decals are not included in blueprints"? Really? So if I put posters all over my manor house and then blue print it, the house will transfer over, but none of the decorations will?
    Yikes! If that's the case, then that does completely change my plans of how and when I was going to move it to a new world. :?:

And I love your lamp post! I may be "borrowing" that one. <3

Well, that's scary. I'm currently building a huge building, very ornate. In Single player. So far so good. I was planning however to blueprint it and move it to a natural terrain, survival world—still single player. (I built it in a flat world for ease, but I don't want to have permanently it on that terrain. I hope this doesn't happen! But time will tell, I guess.

I did notice that on a couple of placements of complex blueprinted components, that it lost a few block here and there. I was able to replace them. But a whole bunch? Nope. :/