Keybindings for MacBook ??

• I’m excited to get back into playing Rising World with the new unity version. I have a new MacBook Pro on which I am running Bootcamp so I can play in the Windows version. But I see that many of the default key combos are not available on my MacBook. I have no extended keyboard and things like “Page Up” or “Menu” don’t exist. Is anyone playing on a laptop? Do you have suggestions for remapping the keyboard commands?

red51 It would be great if there was a way to printout the set of “Controls” once we have our key commands set up. There are so many I need a cheat sheet! ^^

I’m particularly excited to try the new building tools, but I don’t know what is the best way to remap these keys.

• you can remap the keys in the config.properties file or in game goto Settings in the first menu then click control, goto the keys you dont have and click a key that will replace it.

Ps you could print out the config.properties file once you are done remapping them

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • We can add a "printkeybindings" command with the next update, which will create a text file containing all current key bindings :)

About the Mac keyboard, well, probably the page up / down keys are the only missing keys which are really important (if the keyboard has at least arrow keys). So it should be sufficient to just remap these two keys (e.g. bind them to * and #, for example) ^^

Or is there another important key that's missing?

• We can add a "printkeybindings" command with the next update, which will create a text file containing all current key bindings :)

About the Mac keyboard, well, probably the page up / down keys are the only missing keys which are really important (if the keyboard has at least arrow keys). So it should be sufficient to just remap these two keys (e.g. bind them to * and #, for example) ^^

Or is there another important key that's missing?

Thanks for the offer to add the print command. That would be great! I have remapped the building keys.

But for the life of me I cannot figure out how to make a beam. Every which way I try I can't seem to reliably get the thing to be long and skinny. I've rotated the object it several ways and then try to get the X side to change length but it only changes the Y and Z sides no matter which way it is rotated. I was able to do it once, but every time is an adventure.

What else would be helpful is: when you are holding the shift key and using the arrows to change size, if the sides of the object were labeled on screen so you could see which side is which letter.

It may be easier to go back to the console method of typing in the exact X, Y, Z measurements. I have not tried that yet.

• But for the life of me I cannot figure out how to make a beam. Every which way I try I can't seem to reliably get the thing to be long and skinny. I've rotated the object it several ways and then try to get the X side to change length but it only changes the Y and Z sides no matter which way it is rotated. I was able to do it once, but every time is an adventure.

Basically shift + arrow keys change the width and depth of the element (horizontally), while shift + page up/down changes the height (or more precisely, the alternative keys you're using instead of page up/down). So to get a long beam, you could basically use shift + arrow down and shift + arrow left to make the element thinner (width and depth), and shift + page up to make it higher.

Having said that, alternatively the game also offers a "legacy" mode to get the same resize behaviour like in the Java version (i.e. arrow left or right to change the width and depth simultaneously, and arrow key up/down to change the height) ;)

To enable it, go to the game settings -> Misc -> Building -> change "Resize Mode" to "Legacy". This makes it a lot easier if you want a replacement for the Java beams (although it's taking away some freedom, since you can't resize all 3 axes individually anymore).

What else would be helpful is: when you are holding the shift key and using the arrows to change size, if the sides of the object were labeled on screen so you could see which side is which letter.

This is a great idea, I will put that on our to-do list :) :thumbup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!