Posts by Minotorious

Hmm snapping should only occur if you have pressed the modular placement tool, i.e. the Enter (Return) key by default. If they are snapping and you want them to stop just press that key and they should stop :)

Which respawn exactly? the on death respawn, the respawn once you exit and enter the game, or the global spawn?

Have you tried either picking up and placing again or destroying the old bed you had your spawn saved at?

If yes to the above, have you checked inside the world database what the vales are for your primary and secondary respawn points?

If we were to add NPCs standing at a desk maybe we could have it be more of a hologram or model on a desk doing the action? Not sure how, yet something within the game could be a placeholder to show the NPC is out and about. Not expecting an actual NPC to be standing at the desk or moving in the terrain, thus the 'Ghost" & "phantom" comment. Great ideas on tools in their hands.

Hmm currently it is impossible to give imported 3D models an animation and even if it were possible I am no 3D modeller or animator so would have to either ask someone else to do it for me or just include w/e I could find for free on the web.

Having said that I can see some sort of GUI like the World of Warcraft garrison missions or the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood small missions you could send your assassins on. In that GUI you would have a tab with the available gatherers/adventurers to hire and a second tab with the available missions you could send them on. The NPCs would cost gold bars or something like that depending on how good/efficient they are at their job.

Screenshots of the GUIs I quoted above:

WoW:

ACB:

I believe something like that is doable with the current API, though you wouldn't be able to actually see the NPCs doing the gathering or the exploring. You could though have a custom 3D model appearing next to the desk if an NPC is doing some work e.g. a worker/gatherer if it is gathering or an adventurer wielding a sword or something if it is dungeoneering.

I would propose to help but I am a bit busy atm with other plugins but I will come back to this in the near future to help you out :)

So without further ado here are the two games I am talking about.

Here is Foundation, an awesome looking city building game, though already funded it has some great stretch goals to unlock ;)
    https://www.kickstarter.com/pr…rganic-city-building-simu

And here is DARCO, a game similar to RW but with a fine elemental dragon companion and in a world comprised mostly of water and giant ships :D (Also made by a german studio just like RW :D )
    https://www.kickstarter.com/pr…e/darco-reign-of-elements

1 block is 0.5m so a bit more than a foot ;)

Any limitations with how many items are in it?
    Any limitations with depth, like having a basement?

No there are no limitations in the number of items/blocks/constructions that can be in a blueprints (the logical computational limits apply though so you cannot possibly have an infinite blueprint file just a huge one :P )

You define the blueprint area as you like so it could even be wholly underground there is no limitation in that regard for sure.

I plan on using posters in this build and hopes they would stay with the blueprint. Will they?

posters do not stay in the blueprint so the end users would have to place them all manually, this is one of the reasons I never use posters in my builds.

Question again, do you mean commands for the in-game console or server commands for steamCMD?

When you say "input commands which can be sent to the server process" I am understanding the latter but from the rest of your post I think you need the former :/

Most in-game console commands can be found here: Permission system second post under the Commands tab

so like if a player goes to open a chest the door next to him opens lol nice idea

i guess all things that are able to have there state changed should be logged in the database like chests are

i guess something like setDoor(id, true) true = open false = closed setFurnace(id, true) true = on false = off i guess this also could be the start of adding power to the game.

I know the objects are logged in the world database with their current state but since the game uses the cached version of the database to control them I cannot just use an sql query to change the state, it doesn't work :(

Thus we need some methods as you described above :)

Another thought for @red51. Would it be possible to give us the possibility to trigger a ChangeObjectStatus Event without the player interacting with an object?

e.g.1 open a door through the API if a player does something else that I am going to monitor with my plugin (e.g. steps on a specific block, or enters a specific area, or places a specific item in a specific chest).

e.g.2 turn on a furnace through the API when a specific condition (again monitored independently by my plugin) has been met (e.g. a specific number of ores has been placed at specific positions in the furnace)

In general I think it would be a good idea to give access through the API to all the objects e.g. placed furnaces/doors/etc. Would make a good starting point for some fun plugins ;)

oh yes true but a plugin like that would probably be too complex to set up unless , also chests have a universal server id to separate them from one another but items don't so you could in theory put any skull you had in the chest to unlock it and not the specific one that you have to find in the dungeon. Though now you have given me an idea :D I could start writing one such plugin at some point :D would be fun to bring some actual games to RW

I mean creating a pot and not through the console, and of course a lot of different recipes, can't wait coming updates

I know :) I just confirmed that a pot already exists so it will definitely be part of the cooking update when it comes :)

I also hope we can create custom recipes, maybe through the java API or even in the game. For instance make a soup with whatever vegetables we have on us and based on what we put in the resulting soup will get it's health regen hunger/thirst quenching properties. This soup could have a generic soup image and model so no need for red51 to customise the image/model for each individual ingredient in it.