Posts by Minotorious

Short list again of some methods that would be helpful:

• Inventory.isFull(Inventory.SlotType slotType) returns a boolean true or false if the specific inventory type is full.
    • Inventory.hasSpace(Inventory.SlotType slotType) returns a boolean true or false if the specific inventory type has space i.e. at least one empty slot.

tbh I use a combination of both.

The database for things I don't want plugin users to manually edit or I want them to only have access to through in game commands (yes ofc you can open the database with a database editor but the average user will not go to the trouble of doing that). Another reason I use a database is to store data in a more concise and easy to read/write manner.

The files (mostly .txt files to make it easy also for computer illiterate users) for settings I want plugin users to have easy access to e.g. Bot names, chat output colours, adjustable plugin related settings, etc.

@red51 am I understanding correctly that the Server.getPlayer(int Playerid) and Server.getPlayer(String Playername) only work for currently online players but the Server.getPlayer(int PlayerUID) method will return the player object even for currently offline players?

just asking because the Server.getPlayer(int PlayerUID) has no comment on the player online/offline state in the javadoc while the player object is defined as only for online players :/

ok das Glasbausteinfenster ersetzt eine andere Glasfenster Textur, du kannst neue Texturen im Spiel noch nich hinzufügen aber du kannst die bereits bestehende Texturen ersetzen. Die Prozess is nicht so leicht für den average PC user. Du solltest die beschreibung im Thread: Glass Brick Window / Glausbausteinfenster genau wie geschrieben verfolgen.

Für das Portals plugin du soltest den Portals.jar file herunterladen und dann im ordner plugins wie so erstellen:

RisingWorld --> plugins --> Portals --> Portals.jar (Klein und Groß-schrift is wichtig)

was genau meinst du mit mods? plugins oder scripts? Welche plugin/script genau willst du installieren? (Es gibt noch nicht echte mods für RW)

für plugins du solltest den .jar file im plugins ordner wie so erstellen RW_Ordner -> plugins -> plugin_name -> plugin_name.jar

für scripts das gleiche aber im scripts ordner (und es gibt kein .jar file aber .lua file)

I know they are supposed to be able to add people to different access groups once they have there claim but I think they are supposed to be able to make sub claims. what was fixed was a regular player may use the selection tool for the initial claim but when going to createarea it won't work for them until they have a claim and then only inside of it may they set a sub claim. I could be wrong but this is the way I understand it.

the patch made it so that only admins can use the /createarea command thus rendering anyone else unable to create areas. But anyway the selfcreating subareas part was buggy from the beginning, no player could ever create a subarea inside his own area in the time I have been playing the game, maybe before my time it used to work and an update of some sort broke it :/

hmm I am really sorry but I am still failing to see what your problem has to do with my Portals plugin :/

In general to answer your questions, did you try sleeping in a different bed or picking up your bed and placing it again?

I think it has been mentioned before but the gotospawn command is a bit buggy sometimes and does what you describe. To avoid dying you can also use goto x y z (where x, y, z the coordinates of somewhere in your base, you can obtain coordinates from the F3 debug text top right corner) or go into creative mode gm 1 where you take no falling damage.

The animals falling through the sky is an issue when old worlds are converted to newer versions of the game and the generation algorithm has changed, thus where there was once a mountain now there are plains and the animals fall from their previous position on the mountain to the new ground level thus usually dying in the process

Du kannst etwas wie so machen:

1. has the rcon tool been updated to deal with uid's

Not yet as far as I am aware

2.i can't set my player name to my original devyn, keeps flashing red is there some kind of name convention?

very weird issue :/ Have you tried using another name just to test if any other name with the same number of characters will also flash red? Could you maybe post a screenshot of what you are seeing exactly?

That only means that your client is losing connection to the server, the server is running without any problem according to the log files you attached. :/
    Could you maybe post your client's log file here for us to see? To obtain that you need to follow this process:

Go to the RW directory and open the config.properties file with a text editor. Then change the value "game_debug_console=false" to "true". Then open the game and play as normal. When you start seeing the losing connection message wait 30 seconds and close the game. Now go to the Logs folder in the RW directory and upload the latest log file here.

Are you using a wifi, could you switch to ethernet to test if it will happen again?

Are you using a VPN? They sometimes tend to cause connection issues.

What is your ping to the server? How stable is your internet connection in general and what speeds (upload and download) do you usually get?