Posts by Minotorious

I was on a mountain (not that high up tbh though) when it happened :D

If you are an admin and want to get rid of it just use the console (`/~ key) and type "weather clear 1" that will immediately clear the weather ;)

If you happen to be using my ServerTools plugin you can also use in the chat /st weather clear for the same result ;)

only with dense fog, in normal fog you can see a moderate distance :D

But tbh I have been in very dense fog once in my life and I couldn't see anything more than 1 meter away so I think the game's representation of that weather effect is quite accurate ;)

hmm true :/ though the returned item is kinda convenient when needing to check if the method actually added the item or if the inventory was full and null was added.

A thought would be for it to be changed to return an item array with for the case of 100 iron ore would be an item[2] array with the values [64][36] in it, if the 36 wasn't able to be added then it would be [64][null] meaning the last items were not added successfully. Similarly for adding 150 iron ore it would be [64][64][22] or if only one slot was free [64][null][null] and if two [64][64][null]. Not sure how good a solution this is though, depends on your needs and the way you are handling things on the game's side.

Another solution would be for the method to be changed into a boolean and it would first check if there is enough space for all items. If there is enough space for all items it adds them and returns true else if at least one item cannot be added then it doesn't add anything and returns false.

Don't worry about the disappearing thing, sometimes if you build too fast or dig too fast the chunk you are disappears but if you place one more block or something else or if you dig once next to the edge of the gap it all reappears. Relogging also makes it reappear too ofc :)

Awesomely built :O

oh wow since the new player models this is so important and noone until now had thought of it XD ops

I haven't even seen if the gender is actually defined in the players table on the world database :/ Should be but maybe it was just forgotten out :D

Hmm I cannot be certain but I believe you have somehow managed to corrupt your player's spawn point in the world database and it doesn't get overwritten when you exit the game. Could you either send me just the .db file or the whole world if it isn't too big to have a look at? (you can do so via pm here if you so wish)

As I said it will take some time before I am free to get into a project like this one, but once I do I will have a first very simple version to see that it works and it is fun and then it could be expanded in whichever direction is needed, is more fun, etc.

Edit PS: No I haven't played Star Wars Online so no idea how that system was but many games have similar systems to send NPCs into expeditions. There is definitely no shortage of examples to gather info and copy or create something similar to the good parts of.

ok walter let's take a step back because you are talking about a lot of concepts here.

1) have you used a plugin to change the timespeed? Has the same error ocured in a world where you didn't use it? maybe it is a plugin related bug that edited something it shouldn't have in the world database.

2) The bed you are mentioning has nothing to do with your spawn point after you exit the game and re-enter, the bed is the respawn point to be used only after death. (Spawn = after log out, Respawn = after death)

3) to get what is happening straight:

• you are standing at any location you want
    • you exit the game
    • you reenter the game
    • you are in front of the house you mentioned and not at the location where you logged out at?

Red51 doesn't usually post in the suggestions part of the forum, though rest assured that he reads and takes note of every suggestion mentioned here :)