Posts by Minotorious

I think for labels you can only specify the height since the length of the label is automatically adjusted depending on the amount of text in it. Not 100% sure for this since the game GUI works a bit differently from e.g. Java SWING or AWT.

maybe @red51 can answer your question better.

ja der rote Pfeile ist nicht mehr im Spiel, aber du hast jetzt eine Karte um sich zu orientieren. :/ Ich glaube dass mit der Karte braucht man kein Pfeil mehr...

Wenn du dein Bett oder Haus nicht finden kannst dann schreib mal findbase im Konsole (`/~ Taste). Dann nutz goto x y z mit den Koordinaten du von findbase bekommen hast.

the way the area selection tool works is that you use the Player.enableAreaSelectionTool() method and then the player can use the arrow keys and/or numpad and/or PgUp and PgDn keys to make it any size they want, just like it works with blueprints.

e.g. from my Portals plugin:

1) selecting an area:

2) creating the area:

Is this controlled in the permissions file?

yes this is controlled via the permission files.

Could you maybe post your default.perimissions file as well as the permission files for the group/s they are in? If they are not in any group or are in a group but are also admins on the server the admin.permissions is also relevant.

did you put the RWGUI plugin in a folder of its own too? like this:

Code
    ── RisingWorld
    ├── plugins
    │ ├── pnb
    │ │ ├── assets
    │ │ ├── locale
    │ │ ├── pnb.jar
    │ │ └── settings. properties
    │ ├── rwgui
    │ │ ├── assets
    │ │ ├── rwgui.jar

Also make sure you spell plugins with a small "p" and the rest of the folders exactly as shown above.

Edit: something very important as well, do NOT by any means or for any reason extract the .jar file

Well quite a few things I can think of the top of my head now (might have missed a few as well):

1. Good upload speed for people not to lag (usually not available or more expensive in personal network connections)
    2. DDoS or other hack attack protection since they usually have quite strong firewalls on the overall server
    3. Some providers give you the option to also run a MySQL server in parallel for your world which makes things more foul proof
    4. Automatic updating of the server (ok this is not so important)

I would suggest making a backup of your world and then changing in the world.db on the worldinfo (or something called like that) table the dungeon entry from false to true.

Never tried it but in theory the chunks not yet generated should contain dungeons after the change. Maybe @red51 could confirm or debunk this theory :D

well first of all the event is called NpcDeathEvent so you just need to create an @EventMethod method of this event to intercept all things related to it. Something like this:

Java
    @EventMethod
    public void NPCDeathEvent (NpcDeathEvent event){
    Player player = event.getkiller()
    getServer().broadcastTextMessage("Killer: " + player.getName())
    }

Currently they can't be used as beacons as you can only have 1 active re-spawn point (only activating upon death ofc) at a time. The only way to have fast travel points is by setting them with a plugin e.g. GPS, Teleport, Portals, etc. (not sure if there is another one).

Easter EGGstravaganza March 23rd 7 pm est and March 24th 3pm est.

Contests for Artisans players will be a Basket decorating contest and an egg decorating contest. For the other servers that want to come over and check it out there will be an Easter egg hunt that you can participate in.

Rules for the Basket and egg decorating contest are as follows:

- No getting anything off the forums
    - no partner builds
    - no fly for the Easter egg hunt.

The prizes will be handmade player blue prints.

And last but not least Livestream on Friday 19th 5pm est. This is an introduction to the Artisan Realm server on Rising World for new player that might be interested in the game. There will be a free copy of the game give away at the end of the Livestream. Please join us at https://www.twitch.tv/t1shero for a fun and informative stream into Rising World on the Artisans Realm server.

Hope to see you all there :)

Hey Elspeth, i see No one has given any advice to this problem your having, it amazes me that with all the RW members on this Forum not 1 person is willing to help !

I find your comment and generalisation (noone on the forums wants to help others) to the least insulting to my person who always have been on the forums replying and trying to help wherever I can. But thing is I am not a streamer so I can't possibly know anything about the question asked thus couldn't reply to this thread with anything informative.

I also posted for Lady who is so desperate for the old compass back, and sad to say No one seems to offer their opinon or Agree/Disagree, Some times i wonder why we have a FORUM when NO ONE seems to want to help Others... X

On the topic of the compass's red arrow, it is quite simple. It is a suggestion, on the suggestions section of the forum so people read it they didn't care if it will be added again or not so they didn't reply. No answer does not mean people are against something it only means that simply they don't care. If I or anyone else were to reply to every suggestion with yes or no they would need to be spending half their day on the forums doing that so no unless I have something to add to an existing suggestion or I find a suggestion extremely interesting and important to the game I will not reply. Anyway why do you need a red arrow when you have a map? o.O

@Elspeth sorry for hijacking your thread :) hope @red51 will see it and give you a way to solve your problem :)

first of all when you are subtracting two int values you do not need to cast the result to an int since it already is an int value. So get rid of the "(int)".

then your GetAmount value is the content of player 1's wallet, but you are using that to set the final amount on the wallets of both players. That makes no sense, you should get the amount of each player's wallet (i.e. GetAmountP1, GetAmountP2) and then add to the one, subtract from the other (i.e. int TotalP1 = GetAmountP1 - GiveAmount, and int TotalP2 = GetAmountP2 + GiveAmount)