Posts by Minotorious

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

What exactly do you mean by "disk space"? Is it as DanielBoone assumed the disk column of the task manager?

If yes can you post a screenshot of the task manager window? To do that first click on the Disk column to sort the application by the highest using one and then press the Windows Key + Print Screen Key.

The screenshot is automatically saved under MyPictures/Screenshots on your PC.

A normal PC without doing anything on it should have a disk usage of maybe 10% at most. If your disk usage is higher without having the game on then something else is running on that PC.

It doesn't matter what your computer shows as an icon for the .blueprint file.

Simply press X or "no" in the open with... window and copy-paste the .blueprint file to the Blueprints directory under D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\Blueprints

Then start the game and access the blueprint from inside the game, do not try to open the .blueprint file in any other way.

Just a note, adding physics wouldn't make the current water flow as it is in blocks. Best case scenario as the game stands would be the water blocks falling downwards due to gravity.

Having said that dynamic water is planned but as it will break all existing worlds/servers it will be implemented after everything else together with the other terrain/biome related updates.

Normal physics for everything will not be added to the game. The developer doesn't want to limit player creativity by having them care about putting together a proper frame for their house etc. Also physics would break every single player built structure to date which is something noone wants. As well as make building certain things e.g. the large ships you see, impossible with the existing planks/beams methods.

Yeah I am not really sure I get it in writing either :D

So each portal can have one entrance and one destination. You cannot do a single elevator shaft that will teleport you to multiple floors from the ground.

To have a building with floors in an elevator like fashion with portals you have two options

1) have on each floor a room with a portal to every other floor
    2) have only on the ground floor a room with a portal to every other floor and on each floor a portal to the ground floor.

- Make a set spawn point for where people respawn when they die (I know the command "setspawn", but being able to have people spawn in a specific area after dying would be very helpful)

Try the GPS plugin, it has a /sethome function for each individual player. They can use it via /home

- Change starting spawn gear, or possibly allow players to choose a "loadout" that gives them specific gear when they spawn.

If you want to do it for all players who spawn in you can use setinventory and setclothing console commands for the starting gear. For individual players you cannot set it atm.

- Save the world as is, and allow me to rollback after a game session, so I don't have to worry about repairing the map and replacing any items that were used.

Do you mean as a backup or to intentionally reset the whole world and destroy everyone's builds? For the former you can copy paste the worlds directory from your server, for the latter simply delete the world directory and the same world using the seed in server.properties will be generated again.

1 block side is 0.5m you can convert that to inches and calculate from there.

setp is positioning precision not length, for instance setp 1 means that each time you move a beam/plank/etc. with the arrow keys/PgUp/PgDn after you have locked it into position with RShift it will move by 1mm

if you want to get lengths you should use size, I think size 1 1 1 on a beam makes it block size but you should experiment with that.

I do know that I've logged in to several different servers, all with different starting gear. Even if I have to set it per world, as long as it can be done before toons log in, that would be good, too.

Yes but for these starting items to be set someone has to first log in on the server and set them with the setinventory and setclothing commands. This as you can clearly see doesn't work on SP where you are the first and only player who logs in.

Unfortunately there is no way to set it for every new world you create. The starting inventory is set in the world database of each world and is unique to that specific world.

The only way to do this I think would be via a plugin, though no such plugin exists atm. I could write something short for you if you really need it. If we are talking about 3 items simply spawn them via console or use creative mode to craft them for free and then switch back to survival mode.

We will get it when the developer decides it is time to add it. such changes are left for late in the development process as they will break all existing worlds. Thus the developer wants to bundle them together at the end to avoid us having to start over a lot of times during development.

The game shows that for 1 piece of hellstone, 2 blocks of hellstone will be produced in the block bench UI.

That is the case for a number of blocks because of the rarity of some of the resources I presume.

The blocks producing 2 times the resources consumed are:

• natural
    • recycled metal
    • metalplates
    • copper
    • woodplanks (produce 6 blocks for every wood piece not just 2)
    • woodblocks (same as for woodplanks)
    • loam
    • sandstone

tl;dr not a bug but intended behaviour

Other:
    I realize a lot of users aren't accustomed to the modern approach in the game which is why I am working on a PVP style map with regions and a GUI for multiple scoreboards tallies would be greatly needed. However the API doesn't seem to have this feature just yet. When it does I will put the Plug-in & Map up for download so everyone could enjoy.

What are you looking for exactly? The API can create GUIs for the game it is a bit tedious to get right as with every GUI code but it can be done. Regions you could define by areas to avoid spawn kills for instance.

First of all did you use /portal remove PortalNumber or /portal remove_PortalNumber? Only the first of the two commands works.

Second what do you mean by a destination portal with a return portal? Each portal has only one destination and they are not two way, i.e. the destination spot cannot be used as a return portal.

Are you sure you are not using the portals script? (https://forum.rising-world.net/thread/4305-script-portals/)

Edit: just tested it and it works as intended.

Here you can see the 3 portals created:

Here I first removed the second one with /portal remove 2 and then used reloadplugins, the second portal did not show up again