Posts by Sneaky_Koala

btw, been looking everywhere. where did the torch mounts go?

They've gone the way of the dinosaurs atm :)

I think they're focusing on core issues like the now fixed rendering problem in preview panels, and people who are having crashing problems rather than things we can do without for now.

I'm using the cheat key ('l') for mining instead of placing torches.. the new gravel textures look great when digging through it.

I agree. He must have been awake for over 24 hours now. True dedication :)

My first error since updating my install this morning. Trying to open a certain chest - looks like the hoe needs sorting.

Linux 4.14.0 Java: 1.8.0_131 amd64 0.9_37 -H:3072 -D:3072 (Steam)
    at content.util.ClientUtils$ConversionUtils.byteArrayToChest(SourceFile:868)
    at aJ.o.a(SourceFile:340)
    at commons.JIWApplication.update(SourceFile:286)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:151)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:197)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:232)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Yep, from a quick look everything shows in the preview pane again but window frames appear to zoomed in - for example if I craft 'window frame d' it appears in the inventory box as a cross heh.

The rake/sledgehammer issue still exists (will still only deposit material and not remove it)

Cheers for getting these things sorted so quickly - especially since it's around 4am in Germany.

Workbenches work right, if i first click on the inventory/crafting. Before same issue like Sneak-Koala and dragoline

Keine Fackelhalterung vorhanden

Yep that works - I created a new world to see if it was an old world problem so had to click inventory first :)

No crashes or anything since I've loaded it, but a lot of crafting items show up as a seat lol - I craft it the end result is as it should be though.

As others have said though can't place a torch and no bracket.

On a Mac, your Rising World worlds are located under:
    Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/Worlds/

I don't know where they are on a PC, but I'm guessing if you can find your Steam folder, you can follow the same folder hierarchy from there.

It depends on your mount point. On Linux (also a PC) mine is /media/hd-raptor/Games/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/Worlds/

Ie I mount my old WD raptor drive under /media.. (thus the /media/hd-raptor) but I could have mounted it under /mnt/xyz for all it matters. Default steam install will just use $home/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/Worlds/

That aside - magnificent build.

Edit to add: the same applies with OSX (which is also a PC - intel CPU's and all these days) because it's basically BSD (ie a Unix system) and apple stole it to use as a base and create a fancy overlay. The guts remain the same - you can still mount drives anywhere you chose as far as I know, so you should be able to have different mount points.

Exhibit A: Typical keyboard of a Java developer after a difficult implementation session:

Haha.. as someone who developed predominately in C (and its OO equivalent C++ - even though you can OO in C itself) I once looked into Java back in the early 2000's because it was meant to be one of the easiest languages to learn.

All I can say is all the this.that.class.plus.anotherdot was all to much for my brains limited memory capacity. Needless to say I've not touched it since :D

Thanks icon58. Day one along with niceworld were at the top of the list on the servers shown when loaded via Aussie VPN server. I now have over 30 hours since the end of last week but all single player heh (what can I say, I've decided I want to know what I'm doing before I join multiplayer :) ). I'll be sure to check it out.

Edit to add: Just remembered that I was auto kicked last I tried to connect to them, but that was probably because I didn't have a proper rising world account and the creation process was bypassed on game start up. I'll try again.

Wow! Those ping times look bad. The ones I normally play with are around 50ms or less. But the local internet infrastructure is really good here so i have rarely seen high pings. I live in central Florida in the USA. Where do you live?

Haha yeah they are aren't they. I'm in Perth (Western Australia). The lowest one I can find is 210ms, I don't want be doing the pvp thing though so hopefully latency isn't to much of an issue. On that front @yahgiggle your server doesn't seem to be appearing (says '83/83' servers, but no "Rising cities") - actually never mind I'll try keying in the ip manually and see what happens :)

Yeah I do preload a few of my own libraries, because steam uses some real oldies and as a slackware -current user issues arise if I don't. But I think you're right in that it's not a steam thing as other games work (well, that is to say I get the little 'steam overlay' box appear when games are loading and a mate sometimes plays dota2 on this box with good pings (Perth server) though I guess valve have a bit of an advantage when it comes to their own software on their own networks.

Re the server list, that's what threw me off - because servers were actually showing whilst using the VPN - just not very many.. I'd try to connect and straight away get auto kicked. It was only as a last resort I decided to test a direct connection and noticed how many servers should have actually been appearing :)

Anyway, I'm just happy I can now spend a few hours wandering the worlds and 'attend' that xmas thing one of the blokes on here is doing :D