Posts by Leftoverjay

I like the updates regardless of the outcome. I manage 2 servers and it is nice to get the heads up. That way I know that an update is coming and when it is delayed. I can be ready to set some time aside to update the servers and have them online for the players. How upset do you think players would be if the server admin was not aware of an update and they had to wait longer to play on their server after the update is relased.
    Love it or hate it delays are part of the process weather it be developing a game or building a building. Delays happen . If you want to develop a quality product you can't release a half ass product and expect the end user to be satisfied with a sub par product. Red you are doing a great job and you are the one in control. Don't let the general consensus of the public make you sacrifice your standards. If it's not ready it's not ready. Thanks again for the update.

I know it's a long ways off but I'm really looking forward to electricity and electrical circuits. Part if my job is working with complex circuits for door access controls and security. I am curious how in depth we will be able to get.

its alittle off in the front. Didn't have quite the right rotation. It needs some more detail but I figured id post it. I wish the plane would rotate correctly so I can put it on the ground with its tail down . So for now it stays in the air

When I start my server I get the message unable to authenticate server where before the latest update it would say server authenticated . Is this a bug or is there an issue on my part? I have attached the log file as well.

Files

• 1444687097.log

(11.69 kB, downloaded 235 times, last: )

I had the same problem. It also happened with the doors as well. You open the door to find another right behind it. Just destroy them and restart . Problem solved. Im sure it will get fixed in another update.

I know the names I posted and the 4 that yahgiggle posted were completely deserving of being on the list. 4 even took enough pride in their destruction to record it and post to YouTube. Laughing and destroying while a long time member asked them to stop. The other 4 were given at least 3 warnings and I recieved the responce "FU who the F are you and what are you going to do". I think you also need to consider the credibility of the poster. I have run 2 servers since mid December 2014 and giggles was a member there who went on to start his own. We both share the same idea of having as many users as we can with quality builds that respect each other and take pride in the world they build in. It really wouldnt behoove anyone to ban with out good reason as you would only be pushing another player out of the server and lessening the player count and possibly losing that quality member.
    My first server is open to the public and uses the protection script. Good script but griefing was rampant. They still could damage buildings and I got fed up in policing the griefers. At times I spent more time doing that and repairing than playing and creating. It got to a point where players went to other servers to avoid them. I since have created a second server that is non public and trust list only with protection. Server 2 is a smaller group and I can say I have had zero griefing. That's my 2 cents. Use the list or don't that's up to each server admin. The game was ment to be enjoyable and no one like seeing somthing that took hours or days to create destroyed. When they see that the seek another server of worse another game that they don't have to deal with it. That doesn't help anyone. It hurts the games potential sales and hurts servers by having less players and general interest. There are other contributing factors to player decline but this is one I've seen first hand

I don't have answers for all the items so Im only going to address the compass. Server admins can use the setinventory command and it will give any player the inventory that the admin has at that time for new players on first log in and on player death. One of my servers every player starts with the axe, pick axe, Rake, Hoe , compass , stone and lumber. Its sort of a starter kit. I plan to add a gold bar as well. Some may say that it un necessary but I think it helps the new player when they first join enjoy the first experience of the game more.

Yes the blueprint was created prior to 5.8.1. I deleted the door and logged out. When I logged back in the door was back and working correctly. I am going to re blueprint the building and try again. I will send the blueprint to you. Thanks Red.

Has anyone had an issue with the blueprint system when they place a building then go to open the door it opens but a second door is in the frame?. I deleted the door but can not pass through it