Posts by Leftoverjay

I have some users that have created an art gallery on my server. They can see the pictures that they have uploaded but others on the server cannot. Is there a reason for this. Would they show up for others after a server reboot?

what would be the correct way to install so that areas on the server don't have to be recreated. The last time I updated we had to re do all the areas.

That's an important note! I've updated the initial post, so that people don't accidentally overwrite or delete the area database ;)[/quote]

Thanks Red you are always one step ahead of my next question

Excellent script. This kind of removes the need of area protection. I put it on my test server and it works great. Would like to start this on the 518 Mafia server as well. we have a good number of admins that can add trusted players to the list as needed. :) I still plan on running the protection script as well but every level of defense is needed to prevent greifers.

Fletch thanks for the feedback on the server connection. I recently added 2 Intel EXPI9402PT PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter 10/ 100/ 1000Mbps PCI-Express 2 network cards. So now all traffic per rising world runs on its own card and port. My teamspeak server now has its own network port. Both my rising world servers are running on it own instance of virtual box. I have the server you are on and a test server to test various scripts. Next upgrade is to install the 2 intel 2500 pro 240gig ssd drives. They should go in this weekend. My goal is to try to eliminate the connection problems on my end. I need to get ivansky on to test it. He has by far the worst case of disconnects on the server.

Yea I live right across the street from work, so always makes it a nice lunch.

Leftoverjay I got on for a little while yesterday, and most of the time the server was fine. Somewhere around 8:30 or so it gave me a connection error then the server disappeared from my list. Not really sure why, but it was time to get off anyway. I could build for hours! LOL!

Yea I don't know what was going on. I rebooted the server and made a few tweaks to the network card. It seems like the hive disconnection is fixed. May have to run something like firedamon to reboot the server every 4 hours or so.

Whut ?did u mean "is there a benefits" ? If you mean that, then I'll say that there's no big deal, there's just a few more functions, feel free to look at the post about it (on my signature there is a link) and dont hesitate to ask (be aware, you cant use h0tstuff and Zcript in the same time ! )

Yeah it happens only when someone disconnect here too !

I looked at your post and have downloaded it to run on my test server. It looks good. Will implement it on the next reboot on the 518Mafia server. Thank you for the hard work. I have little to no scripting ability and really appreciate the work you guys do. The protection scripts and scripts like yours really are great. Thank you again.