Posts by Leftoverjay

Is there any way to remove a stubborn item placed in the world. We have tried pick axe, axe, scythe sledgehammer and even tried the rolling pin to remove a window that wont go away. We have tried all angles multiple people whacking away and still no luck.

Thank you. The issue has been resolved. Thank you for your input on the read only database. Something else on the server was accessing the files. I copied them to another drive and ran the batch file from that location. I will still need to figure out what is accessing the other drive but until then the server is running again and filling with players. Thank you

After updating my server tonight it will not start. I have attached the error log. I don't know if part of the world is corrupt or what. Thank you for any Help

Files

• log.txt

(5.81 kB, downloaded 243 times, last: )

any decent server owner should not ever need to wipe a server,and if he feels the need to do so,,,,,,,,,,,,,ah nvm theres no reason to do that.i'd be pretty pissed if i had built so much as you,to have it all just get erased. @Absalom owns the deadlands server.i don't know who owns 518mafia.but as of now,they are the only two i'll play on....i do beleive jiw games is making an "official" server,but i could be wrong.

Turbo you are always welcome on the 518 Mafia server. We have little outages . The only downtime you will experience is when the game version changes and I have to update the server version. I usually have it done that night when I get home from work. We have a dedicated Teamspeak server you are also welcome to join. The server is located in upstate NY. We have a very loyal group of members who are very talented from all over the world. Most are admin and we have no problems adding to that list. We have no restrictions on building just give your neighbor space to create. We look forward to seeing you. I am also learning how to properly admin the server by adding scripts and I am open to suggestions to better the community.

You could just build an arena.

The arena is built. But I would like to keep PVP off to prevent the ramdom person from logging in and killing a regular player and taking their inventory and logging out. This has happened several times.

Remind me to never go to that area.
    Sounds like you want to play a different game.

It wouldn't be much ddifferent than the Roman collusam. The would have contests of man vs man and man vs beast.

Would it be possible to turn on PVP in a select area. I have PVP turned off on my server. Last night a member of the server created an arena. We were talking and thought if we could turn on PVP in that area we could host a kind of cage match. Players could enter with wepons and armor and some inventory that would go to the winner of the contest. As monsters were introduced into the game we could bring them into the arena to join the fights as well. Thank You.

Should memory allocation be adjusted in the server configuration file or is this be left at the default 1024. If possible I would like to allocate 4-8 gigs of memory. Would there be any benifits or downfalls of doing this? I just want to make sure that I am providing the best experience to players on my server. I am running a custom server with an amd 8750 8 core cpu 32gigs of ram 32tb of storage. My rising world server files live on a dedicated 4tb wd re4 drive.

I am running this script on my server and I can see the areas that i created with the command. But when random users connect they can still destroy the blocks and objects in the area. Do the colors of the areas mean any thing. I have some red, blue, and yellow areas.

What is the proper way to add more than one admin to the server properties file? is it just add the names with spaces or commas or is this not the proper way to do this
    Right now it shows as
    admins=leftoverjay

I would like to add 2 other users( woodster71 and Phreewillie) to this line so they also have admin rights without adding them through the makeadmin command in game
    Thank you