Posts by angriff

View sky is a terminology I got from my days Flying WWII airplanes online. It is phenomenon that exhibits a change in location for an object plotted by the program when you look at if from a different viewpoint. This does not happen in real life as in a 3d word if you put your finger on a windshield in your car or plane then move your head the object will still appears under your finger in your peripheral vision. However, games on computers don't work that way since they are plotting 2 dimensional location. There is a shift in the plotting when the viewpoint shifts. So when you look at an object and it is lined up then shift your viewpoint it is not really lined up. This is critical when making large curved surfaces in this game. The angles have to be exact or it will look great from one view and then be way out of line in the other. Bouncing back and forth to get it right helps some but is not 100 percent capable of removing this 2d versus 3d vision plotting error.

Not much I can do about it accept be frustrated.. so thanks for listening to me and letting me cry on your shoulder ;(

This is my Medieval Merchant's house. I put a wine cellar in it. I went to the trouble of making bottles and racks but they were not invented until the 1700s so maybe you might want to take the out to be authentic. There is a chestbox hidden in the chest box in the office upstairs. There are also some smalls I created for ambience. The bed [slightly modified] and rug rack are from other artists as is the front light structure [slightly modified]. ** This Blueprint requires some underground space for cellar.

Enjoy.

** if you wish to view these artists work, let me know. I will give you link to their blueprints.

PS people have died on PVP servers in the Cellar Window Bay so be careful if you lock the area and they can't destroy their way out. =O

edit- attached tapestry source poster.

If indeed the Devs are heartbent on making reality for blueprints a thing, then it would be wonderful if they provided a building phase for the player involved. This not have to store all the material up at once in some magic inventory box or infinite inventory permissions but rather provide for an animated building of the structure. This would be a command of add or placing the inventory that has been created in the players normal inventory such as place in blueprint then the inventory would move to the blueprint. Everyone could see the fortress or house in progress as the player plays and adds inventory. If the player loses interest then there is an incomplete structure that will enhance the environmental effects. Other players can see the progress and be amazed. 8)

As I said item command as in give it to yourself will have to be turned on for worlds to become more than just another run of the mill Reign of Kings type game. The Beauty of this game will be lost in PVP survival games :thumbdown:

I still think if you are a realist then watering plants and making them need sunlight to grow is a rule. Instead they grow underground without light and without water for survival sustenance. Making the game a Morlock game of subterranean hideouts.

yes 1 gold bar is currently needed but that will be changed in the future to the full resources that make up the original blueprint you are placing. So if you want to place a chair blueprint that contains 10 planks you will need to have 10 planks (or 10 lumber not sure how red is going to realise that) in your inventory

I can see that we will be typing allot of ITEM into the console command lines. :cursing: Having to give these rights given to the long term builders.

"Dead GAME" in your opinion. :P
    Good job there are lot's of servers with different game play styles on for everyone to pick from.

If you believe in the realist concept and hold that the use of blueprints that allow players to duplicate and make a decent game is cheating. Then plants growing underground in the dark caverns built in PVP/Realism arenas is CHEATING!!!

Yes, as mino said, blueprint with no resource cost on survival = cheating

Equals Dead GAME period. If it is a permission to turn on resources needed then fine. You can already limit blueprints use in the PVP/Survival game with permissions. If you want an haphazardly built game map then fine have nothing but block buildings and hidden caves then fine. To limit the creatively built area with the need for resources to duplicate small objects then the game will be nothing but a hidden ugly :thumbdown: barren land.

Well in survival mode free blueprints means you can build without needing resources which is not what survival mode should be like ;)

Anyway the resource requirement for blueprints in survival mode is planned and will be implemented :)

Boo.. then the builders of the world will not be able to play both sides. If I wanted to use a blueprint to put something new in a place or to duplicate something then it would be some sort of special ability to hold the amount of inventory needed for a building.

You will make the game so hard nobody will play it because just survival mode is a ridiculously oneress venture with the game. There are thousands of survival only games that have failed.

Make the admins turn off blueprints if they dont want them.... simple as that. Dont make the game unbuildable.

Maybe it would be a good idea to put in the size command when not in creative mode as an alternative to destroying the game.

I have been getting into Rising World by building a period area on my server. I have used both my own buildings and those of others. However, once you build the period structures they do not come to life until you enhance it with small objects. You know, the little day to day usage objects and things that make it seem realistic that people are living there. Things like a coin purse on the table or even coins piled next to it. Things like a brush,a small wine goblet or a bolt of cloth on a table that make the buildings come alive. I have noticed in some of the blueprints there are some really nice smalls. Things like small buckets and little bottles. Some are crude representations while others are really detailed and almost art. Some take a little imagination but not much to imagine they are what they represent. There is even an interesting use of a skull head candle, probably from a dungeon that I have not seen before, that is imbedded in a table that makes a candle lit dinner possible.

I have tried to mimic some of them or add to the collection on my own. All to populate the space in buildings beyond the stock chairs and tables that can look out of place in a period scene. Yes, in Rising World we build Dioramas about some aspect of life we imagine. It is not always the formidable blockhouse or hidden subterranean PVP hideaway, that drives those in this game. It can be about ambience with realistic and alive beauty.

So I wanted to ask some pointers on how people get really small logs for making fringes on carpets? I cannot make mine small enough, even though I see that it has been done. I wanted to ask the developers to add a capability to create the art needed for small objects that mimic a loaf of bread or a fork. An object that can mimic a mirror, I am sure it is not without difficulties but is something so basic to a living world that is seems empty and fake without it. I have seen some really nice smalls. Some, yes, even some I have built, that you need to squint a little to say, Yes that is a stack of coins on the table. Making small objects a little easier will raise the art form in this game to a level that not only keeps the artist builders but keeps the PVP that enjoys the feeling of being in a living breathing Rising Word. ;)

For the plugin to be perfect, the game needs a "hardcore" mode, with rare ores and randomness in the crops, with climatic changes capable of killing food and trees. ^^

We could steal and destroy crops, sell seeds and saplings... etc. You could turn off all that stuff in permissions then create a store/bank that admins stock or specialized players that have rights to farm or mine. It is quite complicated with the need to dig all the time.

Yeah common mistake :P

Glad it works now :)

Ya this is a fun routine. People cant see the portal so you can make entertaining things happen.

I wish there was a sound, music and animation routine like this. That way you could scare the bejesustobetsy out of them if you wanted :evil:

There is an issue with AutoLevels (yahgiggle) plugin. I have the same problem, among other things in regard to this plugin (like flooding my server and eventually crashing it with repeated DB hits if I have many players on and I do not reboot the server (players will also get spammed with 'permission have changed' message until they relog). See here WARNING: [UdpSessionHandler] Unable to find ClientConnection for null
    To make the group stick, you have to 'reloadplugins' via console .. then it will stick after you move them into group again .. but it's only temporary, as next time they relog, the same p[roblem will come back even when the group is configured as 0 0 as stated in the docs.

I am going to switch to the AutoLevel included with MIno's ServerTools plugin with the hopes that one works better.

Link Please?

Ok so I create this special group and put a player into it using the console. I see he changes he gets new permissions then Autolevel returns him to the previous group. It is a 00 group and it returns him to my highest 8888 group :S?(

I had to hard code the database and reset all the groups to see if it would work..