Posts by beko

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.1 (2024-09-02)

We definitely have Linux in mind :) Linux will be a main priority for the dedicated server, for example, so it's still fairly important for us. Although we're not 100% sure if we're still going to support OpenGL. The main API on Linux will be Vulkan, but that's not supported by old hardware, for example. Maybe we have to start a poll to get feedback about this (i.e. to find out how many Linux users would be affected if we really discard OpenGL).

Thanks for going to keep us few on board :) I was really afraid for a moment here. …and Vulkan is fine for me as well - RW would benefit a lot from this since OpenGL is kinda limited when it comes to threads ;)

Your memory: Total Systemmemory: 17135 MB
    Reserved memory for Rising World on start: : JVM Memory used: 155.70 MB reserved: 259.52 MB max: 259.52 MB
    Killed due to out of memory: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Direct buffer memory

I just wonder why the JVM tries to start with that less memory when the machine has 16GB in total. Is the memory already exhausted on game start?

Edith says: Fixed translation.

wenn man blaupausen zieht tritt es vermehrt auf das man danach automatisch mit der spitzhacke ohne mausklick wild unkontroliert durch die gegend hackt. woran kann das liegen oder ist da was schiefgelaufen reelog reicht nicht, das ist nur mit neustart vom spiel zu beenden @red51 bin dann im gm 1 modus wenn das passiert das ist verheerend

Das ist mir heute mit dem /pnb Plugin passiert. Beim Verlassen des Menüs ging das Gemetzel mit der Spitzhacke los. Einmal "Links-klick" und es war wieder gut.

Habe es bei Linux 18.3 jetzt nochmal installiert und es hat geklappt. :D

Habe nur noch das Problem, dass die untere Leiste (Startleiste) von Linux unten bleibt und nach dem Spielstart nicht verschwindet. Und ich weiß zwar nicht, ob es daran liegt, aber im Spiel kann ich nicht die Konsole öffnen.

Die Ingame-Konsole habe ich auch lange gesucht. Das ist irgendwie völlig unterschiedlich und mal hier und mal da. Auf einem(!) meiner Computer ist es auf "R-Shift + `" (Akzent-Zeichen neben Rückwärts-Löschen).

This building is based on a school and herder house from 1787 in Berlin-Marienfelde (Germany) by the carpenter Egeltraut from Teltow. It's split in two accommodation + tiny cowshed and an open sheep shed on the left. I found the plans here and decided to make it "real" again.

It has a very unique chimney construction where two separate chimneys combine to one in the attic. It's also very cramped in there since I had to squeeze stairs, fireplaces and all the small rooms from the original layout in there.

Feel free to visit it on medievalrealms.co.uk on the Northern Realms street. Blueprint is available in case someone is interested.

Placing dirt/rock needs at least 3 units. Below you get the message "Not enough XY".

This check triggers also on any stack in inventory no matter how much dirt or earth is equiped. It's really confusing since the stack actually "in use" does have enough units. The check also makes no difference between dirt and rock so even when I'm placing rock a stack of 2 dirt _somewhere_ in the inventory will prevent this.

Steps to reproduce:

* Equip a stack of dirt to slow 1
    * Add a stack with just 2 units of dirt or rock somewhere else in the inventory
    * Select key 1 and try to place dirt
    * Message informs you not having enough whatsoever
    * Dump the stack with just 2 units from inventory
    * Now you can proceed placing dirt

Das brauchst du nicht sagen. Das kann man auch so sehen. In dem Fall ist es wohl zap-hosting und deren Nameserver liefert nicht. Vermutlich ist die Webseite an sich erreichbar - es klemmt nur an der Namensauflösung für die Domain. Interessanterweise finde ich keine Störungsmeldung. Tja, phlöd. Kommt aber beim besten Anbieter vor. Wer soll denn wegen sowas einen Sturm los treten ?(

Nachtrag: das mit dem Vollbild im Fenster, kann man vergessen, da ich unten die Buttons nicht mehr anklicken kann. Somit kann ich die einstellungen nicht speichern, ausser ich verringere die Auflösung, was ich aber nicht will ;D

Schau dir das nochmal bei meinem Thread zum Thema an. Ich habe das jetzt mit einem Script erschlagen. Nun ist Ruhe im Karton und RW startet nun da wo es soll in dem Modus und mit der Auflösung, den/die ich haben will. Ggf. kannst du das für dich adaptieren.

This really drove me mad so I did what every Linux user does: Kill the problem with a stone shell script. Mayhap it's of use for others:

Something odd is happening with the map. Usually I got only the roofs of buildings when I click e.g. "Refresh". Now it looks like floors are combined at random and mixed into one flat image of the object without or only with parts of the roof. I can't figure a pattern for this. It's not a chunk border or sth. Is this a side effect of graphic_logarithmic_depthbuffer or the update?