Posts by Proto0x7C8

Thanks mate yeah I'm aware of SQL editing actually just prefer to try implement custom features via the API ideally, its fine though got the basics and will see. Thanks for your help, nice job on your YouTube videos etc :)

Thanks red, deleted my previous post but good to know where we stand on those aspects!

red51

Got a few new questions :P, anyone in the know might be able to answer but the mod I have in mind to make is like a Sims inspired mod, adding more 'needs' such as fun, bladder, hygiene, energy etc but also more realism aspects, I've tried to scan the roadmap but not 100% sure whether if I make a mod like this I'll just be implementing what is already planned for Rising World down the line?

Potential other ideas I had were to add food spoilage, make fire require wood/coal etc, tools 'breaking' sometimes on use etc amongst other things.

TLDR: Just don't want to mod in stuff which will just be added to the game anyhow hah would prefer to use my time wisely to enhance the project hah.

Thanks in advance! Proto0x7C8!

Hope its okay to double post, made some progress on modding. Worked out how to get my mod in game and start manipulating things and using events, also understand the basics of UI additions which will be useful. Finally I mucked around with getting animals to follow you, with the goal of maybe adding a 'lead' action or something which'll allow you to get animals back to your base to keep, is this implemented already though??

TLDR: Plugin API is really awesome, so simple to setup and get going and really fun.

Got an idea for a plugin to add more simulation and useful additions hopefully, but got a couple of questions now from my experiences :P.

#1 - Custom items/crafting recipes etc possible at the moment on the new API?

#2 - When rotating construction elements the texture stays in the same place but the object will rotate is that intended behaviour or can I somehow make the texture static?

#3 - Is using the update tick event ok for manipulating stuff like moving animals around, moving objects etc, as could do some interesting things.

There's more questions but I forgot for now hah, those are few to start with.

Thanks in advance!

Hmm... the hard crash on the laptop is most likely not related to the standalone or the UID :thinking: Do you run Windows or Linux on the laptop? Please have a look if there is a "Logs" folder in the game directory - it should contain a "Player.log" (if the Logs folder doesn't exist, you can also find the logs in /AppData/LocalLow/JIW-Games/Rising World (alternatively you get there if you press Windowskey + R and enter %APPDATA%/../LocalLow/JIW-Games/Rising World).

But maybe create a separate topic for this, so we can fully focus on that issue there :)

About the UID, basically that's your unique ID. On Steam, it's your SteamID, for example. The UID is visible in the main menu (below your avatar), but you can't use the UID from the Steam version (because your standalone UID is different). It would be necessary to launch the game online at least once to find it out (you can then rightclick on it in the main menu to copy it to clipboard). Once you have the UID, you can pass it to the .exe of the game (not the launcher) directly via -uid=xx (either launch the exe from command line, or create a shortcut and append the argument there ^^

Wow the level of support is amazing and really appreciated, thank you so much :D. I will take a look, the issue at the moment is I can't seem to launch the game on my online PC to even get that data lol -.- urm I will send you a conversation with the pastebin of the crash log from appdata as it includes my filename etc, surprising though as almost all games even new games like Icarus and Lens Island work albeit slowly, at least load the menu haha, its saying its a shader issue. If I can just get it to run once on this PC I can get the UID and try what you suggested haha :D Thanks again!

EDIT: Done some research on the shader issue and think if I disable this in boot: gfx-enable-gfx-jobs=1 then it might run and I can FINALLY get my UID lol

EDIT EDIT: I GOT IT WORKING!!!! :D THANK YOU!!! Got the UID directly from the registry lol and now its working on my offline gaming PC, sooo excited thanks!! :D

Hmm... the "Missing credentials" message basically occurs if no UID is available (so the game doesn't know who you are^^). The UID is typically passed to the game from the launcher. After the initial start, it's stored in the registry.

Basically the launcher should always pass the UID to the game, irrespective of where you run it :thinking: Do you run it in offline mode or with an active internet connection?

Yup so I have tried doing both online and offline, if I try run it on my online laptop it just hard crashes, if I copy it across to my offline gaming laptop there is no UID created and it just says Missing Credentials. :/ Is there anyway to manually create a UID? (I mean hopefully you can see I own the game on this account by the way haha :D) Not sure why its hard crashing on this laptop, its only got 4gb ram and integrated graphics but at the same time usually I can at least run a game to do setup etc.

An update for the standalone is now available :!: It should be downloaded automatically (otherwise you can also download the latest launcher in the Downloads section). The launcher version (the title bar) should be 0.2 now. It should finally be capable of downloading the game properly. Sorry for the inconvenience!

If you still have trouble downloading the standalone, please let us know! :)

Thanks mate, I've got the new launcher and it passed the download phase but yeah on trying to load up on my (non gamer) laptop it will just hang before even showing the menu, at what point does it create the required credentials? If I transfer it over to my gaming PC it will load but give the missing credentials error again. :/ I know its unconventional the way I'm trying to do this but is there a way to get this working somehow?

Hope I explained that correctly!

Thanks.

Thanks for the images! Unfortunately this happens if the game has no cached player information (e.g. if the standalone hasn't been played recently) and if the game is not launched through the launcher (which passes the serial to the game) :(

But a fix for the launcher is almost ready, it should be available shortly and hopefully fix this issue! :)

Yes, unfortunately the horse sync is broken in multiplayer... once the biggest issues are sorted out, we will take a closer look at this issue ;)

Right okay I assumed it would be something like that, trying to do the launch once thing on my other laptop but crashes on load, will keep trying but if not I'll just wait for the new launcher fix, thanks for that :D

Oh, thanks for letting me know! They're indeed inverted :wat: We'll fix that with the next update :)

The Problem about the launcher is that it can't handle files bigger than 2.1 GB... the launcher was made with Godot, and the Godot version back in 2020 didn't support bigger files :wat: We're working on a new launcher version though and hope to get it ready today.

Not sure about the "Missing Credentials" error though :wat: When do you get this message exactly? Is it still shown in the launcher or when launching the game? Could you maybe post a screenshot of this message?

Hope the images work if not I'll update them.

So before I was unable to even get past the launcher but that's the message that I get now when I load in after copying the steam files across :), serial is the one on my account. Not sure what I'm missing, and can't use the steam one without steam ofc at the moment. I WILL get this working haha. Thanks again,

Proto0x7C8

Hah ok sorry to add to the hotfix requests but I’ve tried downloading the game about 4 times now, then replacing StreamingAssets folder in the Standalone but it still doesn’t work, it will “check files” even with disable file checking and then all fine until model.bin and it’ll try redownload and then say file error and no launch. So that’s using Steam assets to fix standalone with no luck :/

UPDATE: Looks like the standalone will now launch but I get 'Missing Credentials' error even though I have the correct serial etc.

Haha thanks yeah! I have quite a bit of C# experience with coding mods for The Sims 3, but gradually more and more into the survival genre tbh.

My intentions are to start small like a hello world command or something and go from there got a few ideas for what I’d like to add while not copying the roadmap haha

Thanks then!

Hi so I assume a few here know how the new API works etc yahwho ;) so I thought I’d create a thread about my learning and questions if anyone would mind humouring me :D

Played quite a lot with Rising World Java but never coded and going to attempt downloading the new version again tonight, but I have been reading through the API looking good so far!

I have quite a bit of coding experience now albeit not with Java much but pretty much the same as C# syntactically at least :P.

Anyhow my current question for now is TLDR:

What CAN you mod in, what CANT be added and what are the future plans for the API?

My basic research so far is new sounds, inventory management as of 0.7, custom images and UI elements, 3D models which can be manipulated with code, formats? Manipulating existing items, world etc and dealing with user input. Lights.

Now custom items, objects, new storages etc can’t be done currently officially correct?

Finally my thought is a bit of clever manipulation and object animations, custom sounds etc and then UI elements mixed with the main world gives quite a lot of possibilities already.

Anyhoo I’m rambling now :p

Look forward to any responses and advice, thanks!

Proto0x7C8