Posts by Proto0x7C8

Yup I don't think it works with the new version as the launcher checks but I may need to try again, I can just use a steam work around to play my steam owned version that should work, just prefer not too. And had a few mental health issues so limit my internet usage and made the choice to disable it entirely on my main gaming laptop. :) That's the 'TLDR' anyway haha.

Thanks mate yeah I own both actually but you have to activate it online first so I can’t get that on my offline one unfortunately. The old one works but not the new one.

Nyt

Hi there, mainly directed at Red to be honest, but while I know this issue will perhaps only affect a minority I was curious as to whether a DRM free version could be an option down the line, I know you can play offline once activated but I have a fully offline gaming PC with no simple way to access the game short of using the old version or bypassing steam, both of which I’d prefer not to do.

I mean I’d be willing to pay MORE for a DRM free version too tbh ;)

While all developers have choices to make about this kind of thing I usually respect the indie community releases as most have no DRM etc, I think Rising World is such a unique project that it’s worth me asking again if this could be an option somehow, and the argument has been made before that if someone plans to pirate a game then they’ll do it anyway so the only people caught out by DRM are the consumers. Also notable is the absence of DRM in the JMonkey version after download.

So my views on the subject in no way detract from the project I’ve played hours of the Java version but would love to be able to access the new version somehow…

Whatever the outcome of my request I appreciate the time and effort that’s gone into the game and wish it best.

Thanks,

Nytician

Edit: If relevant I’m also into coding etc so would likely be interested in modding too given the chance hah, made quite a large mod for The Sims 3 a while back. Anyway that’s all :D

Just a random thought about the videos being good for only a small part of the community, I think you'd build your player base if you started doing devlogs or video logs somehow as people would have reason to back the game more rather than just a pre existing player base and occasional people who stumble across it?

Development logs are very popular especially when you've already got a great game!

Just a thought :P

I'm guessing copying files even with a valid serial won't work. It's not the normal way to install - no registry entries, and it would be far too easy to pirate a game if you could do what you're attempting.

I've already asked about this as the Java version worked that way, its basically DRM FREE which many games are, so my understanding is that this should work according to red51, but don't know if its changed since then, hoping not! :)

Ok so here is a copy of the error I get when trying to run the game on my singleplayer offline PC (after copying the downloaded game from my laptop).

Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit (Desktop) Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 6 Cores, 3696 MHz

MS-7C09 (Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.) 16326 MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER, 5991 MB VRAM, 2020-07-05, 27.21.14.516

Commit: decd9931dbd268cdf31e0298e513bcc82f8d5b01

Branch: master JobID: 2248

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

InitializationException - Missing credentials

Not sure whats going on as I have the correct serial and it works on my laptop.

Thanks.

Hi so the error I get after successfully running it on my laptop but trying to run on the desktop, is 'Initialization Exception: Missing Credentials' but its a straight copy, and even running off the same drive, serial code is entered and running offline. Not sure what its missing?

Thanks.

Ok so I downloaded it and got it working on the laptop, copied the files across to my desktop PC which I think is meant to be okay and work but it gives me an error about login details I think. Yet everything is correct as I copied it directly from my laptop. ;/

Hi Red not sure if I just missed the PM button somewhere but I have bought the game and it says I have a lisence, also got the email conf from June I think but its asking me to buy it again, can't seem to download the standalone version now? Is there anyway to check whats up please?

EDIT: Nevermind found it, just the store page gives option to buy even after you have bought it so got confused trying to find the download. Working now. Thanks :) Exciting!

Hello all,

A few of you might know me from the forums and I'm avidly waiting for the new Rising World hah, but also trying to work on my own projects a bit which is fun.

If any of you are interested I'm working on a new simulation/survival game project called Everstead, set in a world called Prosperity.

I made a little teaser trailer below.

Everstead Teaser Trailer

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Nytician.