Status Update: Getting closer to the new version

• Is this "hell" going to be a parallel dimension like The Nether in Minecraft?

And if so could you please put a option in the settings to turn it off?

As Proto0x7C8 and Avanar mentioned, hell will be at the bottom of the world - just like in the current Java version. Disabling it is a bit tricky (and if we add such an option, it has to be set when creating the world), but we will think about it ^^

A while back i brought up the idea of vertical biomes. if this gets baked in to the refactor then it will be possible to expand to various underground style biomes such as hell and maybe hell variants like the kinds we see now in the minecraft Nether. Intermediary biomes between hell and the ground level would be cool too

Basically it would be possible to add underground biomes. It's definitely something we take into consideration ;) Unfortunately I can't say much about that yet at this stage, since biomes aren't implemented yet...

In the current version however, Hell is just a certain depth but still described as the above-ground biome. so it doesnt seem possible to add vertical biomes in the current version.

Actually hell is rather like a hard-coded special biome (because it serves as lower boundary of the world, and it never overlaps with other biomes at that elevation) ^^

So with basic gravity for objects , does this mean no more Flying Dutchman goast ships flying around in the air?

As zfoxfire mentioned, this feature is optional ;) And it only affects objects (i.e. furniture, doors, lamps etc), so it does not affect construction elements (like planks, beams, blocks).

Currently we have no plans to add something like structural integrity (although it's something we may take into consideration in the long run). Given that many buildings consists of thousands or hundreds of thousands of construction elements, calculating SI would have quite a big impact on performance. And it would introduce some limitations, so I guess most players would disable such a feature anyway :D

• I’m curious, are you waiting until Christmas to release the new version? Well if that’s the case you wouldn’t tell us, would you? 😏

As ebisgames mentioned, we will try to get the demo ready before Christmas ;) Can't give an ETA unfortunately, just can say that the demo definitely arrives this year - and hopefully it will be ready before Christmas ^^

Actually the demo is *almost* ready, it just needs some fine tuning. There is, however, another thing we want to get ready: Proper animations for items. While some working items are already in the game (i.e. the whole item handling part is already implemented), we still have no new player model or animations for them. Items really look strange without hands and without proper animations... If we don't get that ready in time, I'd rather tend to disable items for the first demo release (of course there will still be a way to dig holes in the ground or destroy object, like an invisible pickaxe^^).

So once the "core demo" is ready and there is still some time left, we will try to get that part done before we release the demo. But as mentioned above, the demo definitely arrives this year (in the worst case without proper items).

• As ebisgames mentioned, we will try to get the demo ready before Christmas ;) Can't give an ETA unfortunately, just can say that the demo definitely arrives this year - and hopefully it will be ready before Christmas ^^

Actually the demo is *almost* ready, it just needs some fine tuning. There is, however, another thing we want to get ready: Proper animations for items. While some working items are already in the game (i.e. the whole item handling part is already implemented), we still have no new player model or animations for them. Items really look strange without hands and without proper animations... If we don't get that ready in time, I'd rather tend to disable items for the first demo release (of course there will still be a way to dig holes in the ground or destroy object, like an invisible pickaxe^^).

So once the "core demo" is ready and there is still some time left, we will try to get that part done before we release the demo. But as mentioned above, the demo definitely arrives this year (in the worst case without proper items).

Thanks! And let me know if you ever decide to make a discord and if I can help with that :D

• In the new version, I suggest adding seasons option. For example, if someone wants to have it snow in a plains biome, or summer in a tundra biome, then seasons option would be right for them! Also when seasons option is on, crops should only grow by their seasons!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!