Update 0.7: Biomes, Caves and much more!

• Hmm... unfortunately I couldn't reproduce this issue... the code also looks correct to me :thinking: Just make sure to not confuse the default values for these commands: For surfacescale, the default value is 1 1 1 (a scale of 1), while for surfaceoffset, it's 0 0 0 (an offset of 0 blocks) ;)

Sorry, I have made more test and your right, the two commands work well. However, there is a problem which caused the confusion: "Surface scale" and "offset" are inverted at the left side of the HUD.

• Hah ok sorry to add to the hotfix requests but I’ve tried downloading the game about 4 times now, then replacing StreamingAssets folder in the Standalone but it still doesn’t work, it will “check files” even with disable file checking and then all fine until model.bin and it’ll try redownload and then say file error and no launch. So that’s using Steam assets to fix standalone with no luck :/

UPDATE: Looks like the standalone will now launch but I get 'Missing Credentials' error even though I have the correct serial etc.

• Sorry, I have made more test and your right, the two commands work well. However, there is a problem which caused the confusion: "Surface scale" and "offset" are inverted at the left side of the HUD.

Oh, thanks for letting me know! They're indeed inverted :wat: We'll fix that with the next update :)

Hah ok sorry to add to the hotfix requests but I’ve tried downloading the game about 4 times now, then replacing StreamingAssets folder in the Standalone but it still doesn’t work, it will “check files” even with disable file checking and then all fine until model.bin and it’ll try redownload and then say file error and no launch. So that’s using Steam assets to fix standalone with no luck :/

UPDATE: Looks like the standalone will now launch but I get 'Missing Credentials' error even though I have the correct serial etc.

The Problem about the launcher is that it can't handle files bigger than 2.1 GB... the launcher was made with Godot, and the Godot version back in 2020 didn't support bigger files :wat: We're working on a new launcher version though and hope to get it ready today.

Not sure about the "Missing Credentials" error though :wat: When do you get this message exactly? Is it still shown in the launcher or when launching the game? Could you maybe post a screenshot of this message?

• Basically that should still work... if that doesn't work for some reason, maybe have a look if "Fly Mode Speed Control" in the Misc settings is still set to "Advanced Mode" (that's required for Shift + Mousewheel to work) :)

Thank you, everything worked out, everything works!!!

• Oh, thanks for letting me know! They're indeed inverted :wat: We'll fix that with the next update :)

The Problem about the launcher is that it can't handle files bigger than 2.1 GB... the launcher was made with Godot, and the Godot version back in 2020 didn't support bigger files :wat: We're working on a new launcher version though and hope to get it ready today.

Not sure about the "Missing Credentials" error though :wat: When do you get this message exactly? Is it still shown in the launcher or when launching the game? Could you maybe post a screenshot of this message?

Hope the images work if not I'll update them.

So before I was unable to even get past the launcher but that's the message that I get now when I load in after copying the steam files across :), serial is the one on my account. Not sure what I'm missing, and can't use the steam one without steam ofc at the moment. I WILL get this working haha. Thanks again,

Proto0x7C8

• Noticed while playing on a server yesterday that when a player gets on the horse the other players just see the player teleport into the middle of the horse and then that player will move around like they’re floating and the horse will stay wherever they got on it until they get off and the horse will suddenly teleport to that location.

• So before I was unable to even get past the launcher but that's the message that I get now when I load in after copying the steam files across :), serial is the one on my account. Not sure what I'm missing, and can't use the steam one without steam ofc at the moment. I WILL get this working haha. Thanks again,

Thanks for the images! Unfortunately this happens if the game has no cached player information (e.g. if the standalone hasn't been played recently) and if the game is not launched through the launcher (which passes the serial to the game) :(

But a fix for the launcher is almost ready, it should be available shortly and hopefully fix this issue! :)

Noticed while playing on a server yesterday that when a player gets on the horse the other players just see the player teleport into the middle of the horse and then that player will move around like they’re floating and the horse will stay wherever they got on it until they get off and the horse will suddenly teleport to that location.

Yes, unfortunately the horse sync is broken in multiplayer... once the biggest issues are sorted out, we will take a closer look at this issue ;)

• Thanks for the images! Unfortunately this happens if the game has no cached player information (e.g. if the standalone hasn't been played recently) and if the game is not launched through the launcher (which passes the serial to the game) :(

But a fix for the launcher is almost ready, it should be available shortly and hopefully fix this issue! :)

Yes, unfortunately the horse sync is broken in multiplayer... once the biggest issues are sorted out, we will take a closer look at this issue ;)

Right okay I assumed it would be something like that, trying to do the launch once thing on my other laptop but crashes on load, will keep trying but if not I'll just wait for the new launcher fix, thanks for that :D

• the bodies are still bugged too. Will often stretch the limbs very long, and flop around and will often consume the sky. Sorry if this was already posted. See screenshot of floating stretched limbs in the air from 3 player bodies

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• the bodies are still bugged too. Will often stretch the limbs very long, and flop around and will often consume the sky. Sorry if this was already posted. See screenshot of floating stretched limbs in the air from 3 player bodies

Yeah, this is unfortunately still an issue :| It was difficult to reproduce and seems to be mostly happening in multiplayer (at least I couldn't reproduce it in singleplayer yet)... but once the other issues are sorted out, we want to take a closer look at some multiplayer-specific issues (mostly the horse sync, but also the broken player bodies) ;)

• An update for the standalone is now available :!: It should be downloaded automatically (otherwise you can also download the latest launcher in the Downloads section). The launcher version (the title bar) should be 0.2 now. It should finally be capable of downloading the game properly. Sorry for the inconvenience!

If you still have trouble downloading the standalone, please let us know! :)

• An update for the standalone is now available :!: It should be downloaded automatically (otherwise you can also download the latest launcher in the Downloads section). The launcher version (the title bar) should be 0.2 now. It should finally be capable of downloading the game properly. Sorry for the inconvenience!

If you still have trouble downloading the standalone, please let us know! :)

Thanks mate, I've got the new launcher and it passed the download phase but yeah on trying to load up on my (non gamer) laptop it will just hang before even showing the menu, at what point does it create the required credentials? If I transfer it over to my gaming PC it will load but give the missing credentials error again. :/ I know its unconventional the way I'm trying to do this but is there a way to get this working somehow?

Hope I explained that correctly!

Thanks.

• Thanks mate, I've got the new launcher and it passed the download phase but yeah on trying to load up on my (non gamer) laptop it will just hang before even showing the menu, at what point does it create the required credentials? If I transfer it over to my gaming PC it will load but give the missing credentials error again. :/ I know its unconventional the way I'm trying to do this but is there a way to get this working somehow?

Hope I explained that correctly!

Thanks.

Hmm... the "Missing credentials" message basically occurs if no UID is available (so the game doesn't know who you are^^). The UID is typically passed to the game from the launcher. After the initial start, it's stored in the registry.

Basically the launcher should always pass the UID to the game, irrespective of where you run it :thinking: Do you run it in offline mode or with an active internet connection?

• Another hotfix is now available btw (0.7.0.1). It's necessary to update multiplayer servers for this update. It should fix most of the remaining issues. If you still run into any problems, just let us know (or send us a report) :)

Hotfix 0.7.0.1 (2024-02-04):

• [New] Dedicated server now also has various world settings in server.properties (world type, flatness, ore amount etc)
    • [New] You can now disable the new animals in the world creation dialog
    • [New] When picking up saddle bags from a horse, they will now keep the items stored in them
    • [New] Added setting "Settings_PlayHeartbeatSoundOnAttack" to multiplayer (see server.properties) to disable heartbeat sound on animal attack
    • [Change] Snow regions now spawn more frequently
    • [Change] Reduced amount of caves (does not affect existing islands)
    • [Change] Changed crafting recipe of leather trunk (now requires leather instead of cloth)
    • [Change] You can now get loot (pelt and meat) from killed lions
    • [Change] You can now get saplings from sugarbeet plants (if cut with a sickle)
    • [Change] Broken chest lid now collides with ice debris (minor change)
    • [Change] Disabled item crafting requirements for now (recipes which are just displayed as "?") until the game provides more information about them
    • [Change] Added missing radial menu to tanning rack (note: you can also pick up objects by using the sledgehammer)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed crash in multiplayer if distant npcs were killed
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong texture alignment if "local texture alignment" was selected
    • [Bugfix] Fixed "goto #coldregion" or "goto #dryregion" commands sometimes teleporting you to the wrong regions (only happened on existing worlds)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed context menu (rightclick on world entry) in singleplayermenu not working if world backup folder did not exist
    • [Bugfix] Fixed random footstep sound in flying mode
    • [Bugfix] Black sheeps no longer turn into white sheeps after shearing them
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong shadows from dummy npcs if they were wearing clothes
    • [Bugfix] Fixed blueprint radial menu not working
    • [Bugfix] Fixed polar bear pelt not working on the tanning rack
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong cow hide colors on tanning rack
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong display of surface scale/offset for construction elements
    • [Bugfix] Changes on custom console commands (see control settings at the bottom) now bring up the "Save" button
    • [Bugfix] Fixed some smaller sound issues
  • Hmm... the "Missing credentials" message basically occurs if no UID is available (so the game doesn't know who you are^^). The UID is typically passed to the game from the launcher. After the initial start, it's stored in the registry.

Basically the launcher should always pass the UID to the game, irrespective of where you run it :thinking: Do you run it in offline mode or with an active internet connection?

Yup so I have tried doing both online and offline, if I try run it on my online laptop it just hard crashes, if I copy it across to my offline gaming laptop there is no UID created and it just says Missing Credentials. :/ Is there anyway to manually create a UID? (I mean hopefully you can see I own the game on this account by the way haha :D) Not sure why its hard crashing on this laptop, its only got 4gb ram and integrated graphics but at the same time usually I can at least run a game to do setup etc.

• Yup so I have tried doing both online and offline, if I try run it on my online laptop it just hard crashes, if I copy it across to my offline gaming laptop there is no UID created and it just says Missing Credentials. :/ Is there anyway to manually create a UID? (I mean hopefully you can see I own the game on this account by the way haha :D) Not sure why its hard crashing on this laptop, its only got 4gb ram and integrated graphics but at the same time usually I can at least run a game to do setup etc.

Hmm... the hard crash on the laptop is most likely not related to the standalone or the UID :thinking: Do you run Windows or Linux on the laptop? Please have a look if there is a "Logs" folder in the game directory - it should contain a "Player.log" (if the Logs folder doesn't exist, you can also find the logs in /AppData/LocalLow/JIW-Games/Rising World (alternatively you get there if you press Windowskey + R and enter %APPDATA%/../LocalLow/JIW-Games/Rising World).

But maybe create a separate topic for this, so we can fully focus on that issue there :)

About the UID, basically that's your unique ID. On Steam, it's your SteamID, for example. The UID is visible in the main menu (below your avatar), but you can't use the UID from the Steam version (because your standalone UID is different). It would be necessary to launch the game online at least once to find it out (you can then rightclick on it in the main menu to copy it to clipboard). Once you have the UID, you can pass it to the .exe of the game (not the launcher) directly via -uid=xx (either launch the exe from command line, or create a shortcut and append the argument there ^^

• Hmm... the hard crash on the laptop is most likely not related to the standalone or the UID :thinking: Do you run Windows or Linux on the laptop? Please have a look if there is a "Logs" folder in the game directory - it should contain a "Player.log" (if the Logs folder doesn't exist, you can also find the logs in /AppData/LocalLow/JIW-Games/Rising World (alternatively you get there if you press Windowskey + R and enter %APPDATA%/../LocalLow/JIW-Games/Rising World).

But maybe create a separate topic for this, so we can fully focus on that issue there :)

About the UID, basically that's your unique ID. On Steam, it's your SteamID, for example. The UID is visible in the main menu (below your avatar), but you can't use the UID from the Steam version (because your standalone UID is different). It would be necessary to launch the game online at least once to find it out (you can then rightclick on it in the main menu to copy it to clipboard). Once you have the UID, you can pass it to the .exe of the game (not the launcher) directly via -uid=xx (either launch the exe from command line, or create a shortcut and append the argument there ^^

Wow the level of support is amazing and really appreciated, thank you so much :D. I will take a look, the issue at the moment is I can't seem to launch the game on my online PC to even get that data lol -.- urm I will send you a conversation with the pastebin of the crash log from appdata as it includes my filename etc, surprising though as almost all games even new games like Icarus and Lens Island work albeit slowly, at least load the menu haha, its saying its a shader issue. If I can just get it to run once on this PC I can get the UID and try what you suggested haha :D Thanks again!

EDIT: Done some research on the shader issue and think if I disable this in boot: gfx-enable-gfx-jobs=1 then it might run and I can FINALLY get my UID lol

EDIT EDIT: I GOT IT WORKING!!!! :D THANK YOU!!! Got the UID directly from the registry lol and now its working on my offline gaming PC, sooo excited thanks!! :D

• Good afternoon, such a question. Will new mining and crafting materials be added? Such as sand, hellstone, ice, snow, and so on, because now only stone is extracted from everything.

• Hi red51 , awesome work!

Just 2 things: since the last hotfix, the game can't be launched in Steam in Linux. It just seems to be starting but then the icon goes back to "Play" in Steam. Was working fine before the last hotfix. I uninstalled and reinstalled and no luck.

Another thing: looks like I can't interact with other people. The (...) appears when pointing to other players, but no matter what key or button I click, nothing happens.

This is a new world BTW

Cheers,

Marcos

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!