Posts by xynix

:D Stupid question incoming: Have the water items (other than Waterskin / Canteen) been implemented yet? E.g., Open Barrel and Watering Can? I can't find a way to fill either of these latter two.

I want horses REALLY bad lol; it's painful traveling the map at the moment if a particular resource doesn't happen to be super close-by. I've resorted to disabling run-stamina depletion and even a few times to enabling flight-mode in Survival just because the time starts getting to me. (Patience is not one of my, uh... stronger qualities.)

I also hope like crazy that maps make a come-back. It's so easy to get turned around and lost.

I checked the crafting menu and the forum but maybe I missed it — will there be map-creation capability in the new version? Sorry if I'm asking an already-asked question...

I'm stumped. Trying to use either GPS or PlanksNBeams on my server causes this (below). Am I missing a common dependency of some sort?

This sounds like it will be "fun" to trace. I don't really have special AV/Firewalls on any of the machines beyond simple Windows Defender and Windows Firewall. Ports are opened appropriately. We can at times see each other, so I'm pretty certain that firewall is not the problem otherwise we'd never see each other. Since I have no special AV, and Windows Defender thinks the program is fine, I'm pretty certain it's not that either.

My wife and I play on a server I set up, but about 66% of the time one or both of us becomes invisible, and no amount of rejoining, kicking, teleporting, rebooting, or anything else (including MRForceVisible) will make one or the other of us visible again. Kinda killing the gameplay completely. Basically unplayable. :/

Is it intended behavior that the player profile (Name/Gender/Skin/Hair/Eyes) doesn't get stored along with other Steam-Cloud-enabled data?

I am not fond of the Steam Platform, and recently discovered that this game is available for purchase outside of Steam – so I grabbed a couple licenses. I notice there is a server.jar for the older version, but no .bat file to launch or config file like what comes with the Dedicated Server on Steam.

Can the NON-Steam version of the game be used as a dedicated server as well, or is that functionality locked away in Steam only? I have a decently hefty server machine that I'm trying to set up as a personal server (just 2-3 players) and I'd really like to *not* have Steam installed on it.

Also, what about the Unity version of the game (same question(s))?

Thanks!