Horse Noises

• It seems all the horse noises (gallop, walk, whinny, snort, etc.) are all played at about 20% volume.

The only horse noise that is a realistic volume is the sound of landing a jump.

Kinda breaks the realism and takes the fun out of it. ;( (Love having the horse again, otherwise!!! :D)

• hm, i did notice the riding sounds seemed a bit inconsistent- mostly silent and randomly i'd hear a single hoof land as i rode across rugged cliffs- i guess that was the jump landing sound but i thought it was just the switch from grass to stone. still, there should be some thudding even when on soft material like grass. i also missed any kind of mount/dismount sound (leather rustling if saddled in particular), which i personally would have enjoyed hearing.

i also noticed zebras being oddly quiet- they make a very distinct almost donkey-like call in real life and it was odd that it was absent.

ich kann nur ein bisschen deutsch sprechen (mehr lesen). fur alles andere, es gibt google translate.

any blueprints i share are free to use however you want (aside from selling them obviously), but i would love to see what you do with them, and be sure to credit me when you share projects that involve my work.

Bitte verlinken Sie zurück zu meinen Blueprint-Threads (oder erwähnen Sie zumindest meinen Namen), wenn Sie Projekte hochladen, die meine Arbeit verwenden.

• It seems all the horse noises (gallop, walk, whinny, snort, etc.) are all played at about 20% volume.

The only horse noise that is a realistic volume is the sound of landing a jump.

Kinda breaks the realism and takes the fun out of it. ;( (Love having the horse again, otherwise!!! :D)

I don't want them very loud. Glad it is so as it its, otherwise I have to put out the sounds. Maybe there will be a regulator for this at some point, but then you can hear the beards quietly. A regulator for every animal and npc might be too much but great.

• I don't want them very loud. Glad it is so as it its, otherwise I have to put out the sounds. Maybe there will be a regulator for this at some point, but then you can hear the beards quietly. A regulator for every animal and npc might be too much but great.

i don't want them very loud either, but not hearing them AT ALL is very different. if i turn up the volume enough to hear the hoof beats, birds become painfully loud. that shouldn't be the case. the inconsistency is also a big part of the issue- SOMETIMES i can hear the horse normally, but the rest of the time it's silent, and it's very unnatural and offputting to just randomly and suddenly hear a sound out of seemingly nowhere due to the inconsistency.

ich kann nur ein bisschen deutsch sprechen (mehr lesen). fur alles andere, es gibt google translate.

any blueprints i share are free to use however you want (aside from selling them obviously), but i would love to see what you do with them, and be sure to credit me when you share projects that involve my work.

Bitte verlinken Sie zurück zu meinen Blueprint-Threads (oder erwähnen Sie zumindest meinen Namen), wenn Sie Projekte hochladen, die meine Arbeit verwenden.

• One man's opinion, but I think the noise levels for the animals should be reasonably close to reality. Silent, or excessively muted, isn't really on option. I think there are probably more people who would feel this way as opposed to wanted the sounds unrealistically quiet.

• Sorry for my late response, but I can confirm that the horse sounds while riding are indeed a bit too silent... we'll change that with the next hotfix :)

awesome, thanks! not sound-related, but horse-related, do you think the dust trail horses leave when running could be adjusted for what material they're running on? like right now it seems like it would only suit dirt or sand, on grass or constructions i'm like 'where did this dust come from?' XD

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!