Update 0.7: Biomes, Caves and much more!

• anyone been able to find a new biome? we have been looking for quite some time now and cant find any of the new biomes. I see alot of caves but no biomes. Is this an error, or just need to keep looking?

• red51 going on what Gillwin stated above. Our server world got all the caves, NPCs etc .. but we had 3 of us flying away from center for almost an hr, even random gotos to distant lands 30K+ away from center and no new biomes. wonder if it has something to do with an old world seeded in from the 1st launch

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• I believe the caves spawned under all chunks that were not modified. If you modified an island in anyway I don't believe it will change the biom for said island. So if you had been to alot of islands they won't be changed.

• modified an island or visited? so if the chunks have been generated before by anyone visiting the area, they are set. only new unvisited areas may have the new biomes generated? just trying to be clear. And Howdy James :)

• james1bow thanks for the replies. I visited regions that were unmodified .. .. even regions that were not spawned in before .. at random 50K + out and less in all directions via goto command .. no new biomes.

Caves however spawned in islands that are heavily modified even (chunks are 32x32x32) so plenty of chunks underground were untouched for cave generation.

Also, know of a way to disable that annoying heartbeat warning sound you hear when a predator spots you (serverside)?

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

Edited once, last by Juggernaut ().

• well, i downloaded the new and as soon i click on login it says "unable to create dirs (20)
    ps i have not the steam version, however i'm going to bed so tomorrow i'll try again thanks

Unfortunately I can't say for sure when this will be fixed, but I can give you a key for the Steam version if you want :)

anyone been able to find a new biome? we have been looking for quite some time now and cant find any of the new biomes. I see alot of caves but no biomes. Is this an error, or just need to keep looking?

red51 going on what Gillwin stated above. Our server world got all the caves, NPCs etc .. but we had 3 of us flying away from center for almost an hr, even random gotos to distant lands 30K+ away from center and no new biomes. wonder if it has something to do with an old world seeded in from the 1st launch

The island north to the starter island is always a cold/arctic region, and the island south to it is always a hot/arid region - but only if these island haven't been modified in the past. If someone ever felled a tree on an island or dug a hole, the island will remain unchanged... only exception are caves, since they do spawn on existing islands as well.

Beyond that point, regions should be distributed randomly, but it looks like that doesn't work very well :wat: Apparently the game mostly just spawns the regions around the starter island (and on MP servers, chances are high that these islands were already "modified" in the past)... we'll fix that ASAP!

However, you can manually change the region of an island by using the overrideregion command. It deletes the island you're currently on (so it's only recommendable to do that with islands that have little to no buildings on them).

• thanks Red!! yes the nearby islands from starting were indeed modified .. and didnt expect those to have biomes. we searched much further out

• A sector is 8192 x 8192 blocks ;) You can also see the coordinate of your current sector in the F3 screen (one of the top lines there) - you could compare that with the coordinate the game gives you for the "deletesector" or "overridesector" command

• overrideregion command give the 'insufficient permissions" response as admin. i presume i need to edit the admin permission file to include this.

• overrideregion command give the 'insufficient permissions" response as admin. i presume i need to edit the admin permission file to include this.

Yes, unless "AdminsFullPermissions" is set to true in the server.properties file, you have to add the deletesector command permission to use the overrideregion or deletesector command ;)

• Standalone installer fails file download and freezes part-way during download ("File Download Failed (5)")

* I tried updating, and I tried a new installation... neither works. ;(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!