Posts by WickedSchnitzel

Ich würde eine Möglichkeit begrüßen, um gesetzte Blöcke im Kreativmodus direkt mit einem Klick wieder entfernen zu können, anstatt ein Tool einsetzen zu müssen. Außerdem wäre es gut, wenn man Texturen bereits gesetzter Blöcke austauschen könnte.

Das kommende NPC-Update wird sich natürlich in erster Linie auf NPCs bzw. Tiere konzentrieren, da das momentan noch eines der am dringendsten benötigten Features ist. Wie aber bei fast jedem Update wird es auch ein paar andere Neuerungen und neue Items oder Objekte geben, und natürlich auch Bugfixes und diverse andere Änderungen ;)

Unsere Hauptpriorität ist insgesamt, den Zustand zu erreichen, dass das Spiel die Java Version auf der Storepage ersetzen kann. Tiere sind dafür zB unabdingbar, während aber neue Texturen dafür nicht zwingend erforderlich sind (daher rutscht sowas in der Priorität leider automatisch etwas nach hinten). Zwar kann man generell sagen, dass "mehr Content" immer gut ist, nur leider werden zB "mehr Texturen" von vielen Spielern nicht automatisch als "mehr Content" angesehen, Tiere aber hingegen durchaus häufiger als "Content" angesehen wird - wobei das sowieso immer im Auge des Betrachters liegt, denn es gibt auch einige Leute, die der Meinung sind, die Java Version hätte Null Content (obwohl es ganz objektiv betrachtet relativ viele Texturen, Objekte, Items, NPCs und auch Features gab)...

Nach dem NPC Update werden wir uns aber höchstwahrscheinlich an Poster und Schilder setzen (was vor allem auch im Bau-Bereich Relevanz haben dürfte), und evtl. können wir in dem Zusammenhang auch die neuen Blockformen sowie Türen reinbringen, die wir zwischenzeitlich vorbereitet haben :)

Wann kann man denn ungefähr damit rechnen?

New suggestion:

Let admins optionally remove any vanilla ruins/huts or whatever will be placed in the world in the future and instead let them be able to create own buildings and stuff (maybe including random loot), as a blueprint for example, which then could be placed randomly (which a chance of x - configurable) in the world. This could also be a tool to make single servers more unique from each other. Also depending on the theme of the server.

-small game like rabbits

-leaning (with a firearm)

Some more ideas:

-Birds (Seagulls, Hawks/Eagles)

-Make the inventory cursor move left/right without delay (pretty irritating).

-Let us choose which direction to face while sitting on a log bench, depending on from which direction the player interacts with it.

One million blocks isn't infinite. This is the maximum size you can choose in Vintage Story.

Thats right. My bad. How about making it so that biomes will change after so and so many in-game miles/kilometers and then repeat moderate-tropic-moderate-artic-moderate etc.

More suggestions: Fishing, Separate Level of Detail slider for trees (these are low detail in mid-range even on the highest LOD setting), swimming anim, maybe less yellow beach sand (?), maybe your own lore - instead of standard fantasy creatures like skeletons something more unique. if you want to include a "hell", maybe creatures from hell. with an option to spawn only real world mobs and animals for people that don't like these. abandoned mineshafts or even abandoned places from ancient times, cave systems that can only be found through digging without connection to the surface. lava that may float into tunnels, if not careful. coordinates.

For servers: a welcome screen/ rule info screen (maybe with a custom image/logo) and admin tools (invisible/spectate), teleport to player x etc, ban/kick. Could be possible already, did not check yet.

You should definitively include farming mechanics, not only growing vegetables but also raising animals. I think that would fit very well into this game. So that people have something to do, after they have build their house. Hunting for food. Maybe wood chopping to be able to heat homes and stuff. Primitive medieval survival mechanics i would like to see most, but i guess there are players who prefer modern content as well. Maybe some sort of need to protect homes from mobs (if enabled). Some, if not all of the things mentioned are probably already on your guys to-do-list. But this came into my mind immediately, after i walked around a bit in the new version. There's not much content yet, but i can already see the attention to detail and that makes me believe in this game. The soundtrack is also very nice. Too bad it will probably take years to finish. I just hope it wont stay early access forever, like so many other indie-games. It could be something unique, if you don't try to just copy existing survival games. The only thing i find a bit strange is the mix of primitive and modern tools available. I mentioned that before. You probably want people to advance from the "stone age" to modern times? Will there ever be a story or something? I don't need a big one, but maybe a little background story for the beginning, why we are where we are and what the goal is.

There have been considerations about that, but the world is basically infinite (so there is no equator and no north/south pole). This approach would result in the majority of the world being either cold (everything north of the starter island) or hot biomes (everything south of the starter island) :wat:

Well, there's another open world survival crafting game called "Vintage Story". It has this feature and it has 'infinite' procedural generation as well, so this should be possible (?). Maybe take a look and some inspiration from there.

I would like to suggest to include an option for server owners to disable all the high-tech and modern stuff, in case someone would like to run a medieval or primitive themed server. This even includes some of the walls/bricks which would not fit into a medieval world, because they are too "clean/smooth". I am thinking about starting a server for this game, once animals and mobs have been included, but i like to have some control about what people can build on the server and the general style. Right now its all mixed together.

Another suggestion would be to include some distinct landmarks once in a while, like old ruins, abandoned huts, an old mine etc. Maybe even with loot. To make exploring more interesting.

If you are going to include biomes, i suggest to at least include an option to not make them patchy, but realistic. Like you would start in the middle/moderate biome and if going north, you would sooner or later reach the arctic biome and if going south, the tropic biome.

I noticed that ambient occlusion produces moving patterns on the screen, if set too high. Not a suggestion, but maybe something worth mentioning.

I have only played an hour or so, so more suggestions are likely about to come. :drunk: