Posts by ozzyjimbob

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

I've basically focused on the current biome for this one, but i guess it could be implemented anywhere really haa!

Scavenger Lair- they appear in the sides of mountains, and if left for a while, they begin to spawn eggs. As time passes, more eggs spawn, until it reaches a pre-defined maximum.

Scavenger Larvae- each egg hatches two or three of these slug-like creatures. They target carrots, but will eat anything on ground level. They leave behind a harmful slime which remains for a short time before disappearing. The Larvae retreat shortly before dusk.

Scavenger Fly- If the Scavenger larvae are left to thrive, or not all are removed, they will develop into the Scavenger fly. these pests will attack in swarms of five or six, and eat anything they can get. Tomatoes, carrots, they will even break the glass of greenhouses, and weaken doors to get at the food within. They cause no direct harm to players, but can make their dwelling quite vulnerable to...other....things.......
    I'd really like to know what everyone thinks about this idea. I think it would add depth to the survival area of the game, but i don't want to frustrate people too much. hee hee!

Lenko- Thanks Friend! I had a bear nearby, who got closer...and closer..and...I had a 'break' and when i opened the door....he shoved his huge head in the doorway, and began attacking me. Haa! I hit him over the head with a frying pan, but he ate that, so i tried to kick him, but he ate my boot...in the end he got bored and left, and i went upstairs to put on another pair of boots. ( and i checked my wallet for frying pan funds.)

Meltron- Thank you very much Friend! I'll probably be really old by the time i release a game, but once i know the ins and outs of finding a Dev and all that, i would love it! I still need to finish my world though. It's just a baby at the moment, regarding the content i want to put into it. haa!

Deirdre- If you have a look in Media & Presentations, there's a little story about the Bramble Farm well. I think you'll find it entertaining. Haa!

Hi there Arcticukitsu. I love your ideas (or ponderings. love that too). I understand what you are saying, and i think it sounds like something which should definately be added into the game. It would be nice if there were no hostiles up there, just floating auras who, like you suggested Friend, allow you to interact with them at certain times. I think that it would be interesting if heaven, the surface world and hell were affected by each other's materials. For example if you took a chunk of heavenly ore down to hell, then the enemies could behave 25% more aggressively because they don't want it there.
    The same could apply in the opposite way. Taking hellstone up to heaven could corrupt the Peaceful auras, and they could change colour or something, and begin attacking you. That way players can choose to keep things as they are, or disrupt things for a challenge. I don't know if this would be immersive....or just plain annoying. Haaa!
    Love your ideas though Arcticukitsu. Keep 'em comin' haa!

Deirdre- Thanks Friend. I had thought about it, but i like the simple just plain weirdness of it. haa! I thought about extending it to other rooms and things, but i'm adding finishing touches onto something which is much more important to me. haa! Snaps will follow quite soon. ha!

Hiroyugane- Thanks very much friend. I love the way you can add little details with the custom images. it just adds that little extra fine level of detail not offered in other games.

May i suggest that the Cylinder blocks stack together horizontally as well as vertically. It would add another dimension to the use of this block. I thought of placing a regular block column as something to build off of, and haven't yet tried this. It would be nice though if it were possible.

I've noticed that this has been touched on before. It's a nice idea if done properly imo, and i'm sure it would be. I'd want to have some really luxurious blocks to create a fortress up there though. Call it the Heavenly Sanctuary or something. hee hee!

Thanks Arctcukitsu! You're most kind. you've got some awesome ideas yourself. Haa!
    Y'know i never thought of actually living down there! haa! what a grand idea. I'd have to live in the coral/ undewatery-type/ peaceful/ glorious area though. haa!

I think that rising world should have a slight fantasy feel, and i think that it would be really interesting to have some kind of strange forest deep underground. There could even be a few types.

1- Coral-like trees which give off an eerie glow, and can be harvested for strange flowers. This could be fairly deep underground, but common enough that most miners will come across this at some point in their travels. I imagine this biome as having a really peaceful feel to it. the trees would groan lazily as they swayed, and the glow from the trees would make it feel like being underwater.

2- Giant Slimy toadstools and moss-like coverings on the stone. The slime can be used in potions and perhaps to create waterproof coverings for clothing. The moss could be an ingredient in cooking perhaps among other uses. This biome could be a lot rarer that '1'.

3- Deeper still, and to indicate that the hell biome is quite close by, this biome could have a variety of poisonous-looking plants and trees. It could even have pools of black water, which can be used as a flammable coating for torches. This biome could be a little unstable, and rock 'teeth' from the cavern ceiling could rumble and come loose to add an element of danger. Hell would be quite a lot further than this biome, but the environment could begin to change more and more like it, until you arrive and go,"holy crap!"

I think that biomes like these would break up the visuals of the underground layers, and cause players to really want to get down there. haa!

Thanks Arcticukitsu. You're most kind!
    I've also done some other bits and bobs (always added in Media Presentations) and i regularly add stuff for everyone to have a goosy at. hee hee!

Haa! Of course. I suggested it as quite a rare-ish thing. something which you'd hardly notice until, like Arcticukitsu suggested, you do a double-take and go,"what the..?" and there's this really strange plant growing.
    There could be a generic seed, which does a random selection depending on the biome it falls into. That way it would be automatically 'locked' to a certain selection for the specific biome. It would really mess things up wouldn't it, having some out of place plant or tree growing in the wrong biome.
    Of course, it'd never happen because Red and the guys wouldn't allow that tomfoolery! hee hee!