Donation System - For supporting devs?

• We all buyed the game on steam or ealier for a small amount of money. But maybe some of us want to spend some more money on the development, i think every euro/dollar counts, cause it makes sense that you dont have to focus on creating 3d assets yourself. You need more money in some state of development so i would suggest to offer an donation system where we can spend a little bit.

Important no one forces others to spend and as donator you will get nothing additionally to the game itself, its just for those who want support freely!

• If you don't want to donate a specific amount, you could just buy the game on steam again. It can be gifted to anyone of your friends. Or you just buy it to give them more money. Gabe would profit from that as well :PP

• If you don't want to donate a specific amount, you could just buy the game on steam again. It can be gifted to anyone of your friends. Or you just buy it to give them more money. Gabe would profit from that as well :PP

Yep okay :D didn't thought about that so early in the morning XD.

• Such a system would be useful though. But it should not be promoted anywhere but the forums I guess. Because otherwise people would think that the game is not worth buying it when the dev asks for donations or that they are greedy. But here it would be nice, could lure people with some special perks like "Donator", "Level 2 etc. Donator", "Generous Donator", "Insanely generous Donator" or "Top Donator!" with special colored names and icons etc.
    Check http://bazaar.tf/ for how to make this right xD

• Considering it's alpha and plenty of devs do this, I don't see a reason not to have a donation option on the site. Of course this will piss off some people.. but there's always haters etc..

Not sure if their agreement or contract or whatever with steam allows it though.

Edit: umm Gabe?

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• Maybe some of us community members could get together and make a "fund" for "community things" like some community events etc.
    Btw, we = people who derb around here in the forums, could actually do a community play or something some day :D
    Maybe, this fund could be used to run a community server, have special events etc. and maybe even trying to pay someone to implement things into the game that everyone wants. And ofc we could donate some money from this fund to JIW :rolleyes:

• Gabe.. CEO of Steam haha ok. Yeah I don't pay attention to much of that stuff. :P

Yeah maybe the best thing to do for now is hold events and get the youtubers involved. Showing what can already be built with the game will attract many people. Just look at the screens on steam. Crazy good stuff!! There are already servers out there, I'm sure the admins would be happy to have an event of some sort. Just gotta get everyone in on it and get it going. This kind of thing is tough for me to do since I have a family and can't just be online whenever I want. But I would pop in for sure to see what people are doing!!

Another thing people could do is broadcast on steam. I currently allow my friends but I've been tempted to let the world watch if they want while I play RW. Issue for me is I'm not the best builder.. nor do I want to be lol. We shall see.

Also, suggest the game to your favourite youtuber to check out. I just sent a msg to one that has millions of subscribers and who likes this kind of game. Got another I may msg up.

• Here in forum are ca. 700 Members, when any members give 5 $ or € or so what, I think that is a very "fund" for the devs.

I agree this Idea, a "community fund" is a good way to help the devs from a wounderful Game ;D

• Yep and let youtubers be the marketing tool is fine, but i want to mentioned that the game is in a very early stage. So viewers could missunderstand the direction the game evolves. Maybe bigger youtubers should be involved when the game has reached a certain stage.

@red51 yep i know, that is why i suggested something like that as community member hehe ;D. Maybe a good solution would be that you make a "tip"-button on the website, but not very present. So just those find it who search for it ;D.

@Bogus thats right. It's just a free support maybe some give nothing maybe some give more so .... nothing to lose.

In combination with my other thread, new additions to dev team? we can may help this game as community very much!

• The big youtubers don't want people all confused and end up hating them either. If they do it they will make it clear it's very early alpha etc.. and don't expect this or that, but expect what you see in the video. I've seen it plenty of times. I don't think it would be a problem (well there are always haters...).

Devs will do the donation thing if they want. Can't force them haha

I say events are done for each major update which has new features which change gameplay etc.. to get it out there for people to see and also to show new people how things are done in game as like a guide. It would be great to see a bunch of us running around on a server building stuff and messing around etc..

But, I won't be sending money to a community member. I don't have much and just won't risk it. Sorry.

• Yep and let youtubers be the marketing tool is fine, but i want to mentioned that the game is in a very early stage. So viewers could missunderstand the direction the game evolves. Maybe bigger youtubers should be involved when the game has reached a certain stage.

Yep. To be honest, I think PewDiePie for example would just think that this game is just a rip off of Minecraft (because he played tons of bad copies).

Devs will do the donation thing if they want. Can't force them haha

But, I won't be sending money to a community member. I don't have much and just won't risk it. Sorry.

Yep, but maybe red could just tell us his paypal or bank account (or the one of JIW)

• Maybe this and there could be perks like I suggested so that people wonder how to get those and then donate. But would need bank acc or the abillity to give a paysafe card code, otherwise I could not donate^^

• Hi, I'm Ben,
    I'm new to the forums. I've been following progress of your game for a while now and today I bit the bullet and bought it through steam.

Hehe, first of all, thanks a lot for your support!! :)
    We are not sure about a donation system, of course it will help us and support development, but some people could really think that we are greedy (as @Meltron mentioned) ||

Please don't worry about people claiming greed.
    I would advise giving it some serious thought as to weather it is right for yourself and/or the game, but I for one would love to donate and help support this great game.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!