RIP Naughty Dog & Gaming Censorship

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)
  • Alright, not sure how comfortable Red51 is with this topic. Its however getting far too extreme and heated that it needs to be covered here so people can be aware that games should be about fun, not a political showcase, nor a medium for censorship. Art is supposed to be raw and provocative, not preachy and annoying.

---------

The Basics:

Naughty Dog has basically done two things wrong here from what I've been reading for the past 2 days:

1) Overworking and underpaying their employees. The disgruntled employee even allegedly leaked the game.

2) Game getting leaked showcasing how Naughty Dog teamed up Anita Sarkeesian, a known scammer having ruined a good game by injecting identity politics derailing the game and the story.

(Leaks showed how males die in the game while woman are propped up as "goddess". Even adds in Identity politics so you're forced to accept trans-gender folks, or else be guilted into being falsely labeled as "transphobic". It gets quite messy. :poo:)

--------
    Expanded Situation:

This gets quite nasty because anybody who dares talk about Naughty Dog & their leaks gets copyrighted. It becomes less about having fun in games and more about gaming censorship having identity politics shoved down your throat similar to how Canadians (in Ontario) are forced to learn Canadian French or else fail their education. You HAVE to accept the identity politics or else you're a "phobe". You're being forced to not have a choice in this matter. 6 Youtubers (and counting) are now facing copyright strikes, two of whom are now contacting their lawyers to contact Naughty Dog and their mischievous friends to mend the situation. Youtubers are getting their channels copyright striked just because they shared an opinion (no content). The game being designed to be more about checkboxes being checked off with "variety" instead of focusing on the game itself which tends to take the fun out of the whole game. Games are supposed to be about having fun and relaxing where this has been noted as being more preachy than anything.

"Obey and consume without question".

Tweet from Naughty Dog:

We know the last few days have been incredibly difficult for you. We feel the same. It's disappointing to see the release and sharing of pre-release footage from development. Do your best to avoid spoilers and we ask that you don't spoil it for others.

The Last of Us II will be in your hands soon. No matter what you see and hear, the final experience will be worth it.

- Naughty Dog

Look, I respect developers when they're honest, genuine, and passionate about their own project. That part is legit. Its when they start lying, making up excuses, and use their medium for fun and entertainment to exploit people. Exploiting people to push agendas and ideals is not the way to go here. For one, pay your employees. Retail staff & game developers are treated like trash so treat them with respect. Two, games are meant for fun so keep them fun. Its been noted the sequel was forced to have identity politics (thanks to Anita) forcing the game to become trash. You've ruined people's cherished game. I've heard many good things to only have it all squandered away like Bethesda, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Blizzard, & etc. I've heard MANY great things about the original while also having explored a level in VRChat someone uploaded. It looks fun and awesome........ All that tainted, corrupted, and squandered for nonsense 'SJW' (generalizing now) nonsense... All for fake 'SJW' nonsense..... RIP genuine entertainment.

This is allowing Japanese & Chinese games to take over the void, especially European Indie developers. You add fake nonsense into a game you'll get burnt by it. Games are supposed to be raw and provocative, not lecturing and boring. Certain hard-core Japanese games find this out the hard way. Its nonsense like this which tends to force people's hands into watching foreign media, especially Japanese media & anime.
    (Sidenote: Anime is also under siege for how free and open it is, something certain folks don't like.)

--------

Copyright Claim - Tweet:

Copyright strike if you dare speak about Naughty Dog in a video on Youtube. Loopholes & third party members come knocking.... :silenced:

itsagundam @GundamIsHere

6h

NaughtyDog is about to learn the streisand effect the hard way.

Truth. The more you try covering something up the more visible it becomes. Should have been honest and genuine....... Shady stuff gets you in trouble, more so when people are in quarantine. People want GENUINE CONTENT.

You're simply not allowed to talk about Naughty Dog, nor discuss how bad their game is. They'll come get you! They'll find loopholes and get you!

Naughty Dog & friends are trying to do the whole "bully" and "silence" tactic. Will it work?:silenced:

Don't talk ill about Naughty Dog or how they ruined 'Last of us II' with identity politics & poor workplace standards. They'll come get you! :silenced:

Game censorship is rising.

• If you need a summary then here you go. If the video is gone then that means Naughty Dog & Sony censored another video because you're not allowed to critizize, speak out, share or have an opinion.

If you don't want to read my wall of text then that video shall sum things up. Watch it before his video gets copyright striked.

• I'm just going to note more hilarity that they're still DMCA'ing Tweets, Youtube videos, and anything just talking about their game. Just uttering the game is going to get you flagged, and they keep doing it. This isn't about suppressing information, or anything. They even had their own Tweet DMCA'd in a twist of irony. They're too aggressive with their tactics that they're just making a fool out of themselves. Both Sony & Naughty Dog are heavily abusing DMCA to the point its censorship, and worse.

Kotaku seems to be cowardly defending Naughty Dog praising censorship, harassment, and other nonsense. Gamers are Evil! They'll violate the opposite genders, & etc........ Gamers rob and pillage while destroying everything they touch.......... *yawns*

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020…s-to-new-twitter-feature/

*Yawns*........ I don't want to make post like these anymore....... This is why I love Rising World, and why I enjoy Japanese games.... Games were made for fun and entertainment, not for Kotaku, Sony, & Naughtydog to punish gamers while forcing people to blindly consume their corrupted games. I just want to play games to unwind and to have fun, not to deal with their dramatic nonsense. I however do hate I'm being flagged as the villain & troll just for posting this. I just want to play my games without the nonsense.

• I'll keep this short.......

Its nice to know that you can get banned off of Twitter just for posting jokes/memes..... Basic humour. Mindlessly consume and obey or else you're some negative label......

Doesn't look bright for this game because Last of Us 2 has been noted as being a very damaging game for the gaming industry, same with how ACTUAL reviews are noting how the game is a 3.3, not a 10/10. Fake journalists drummed up fake support and fake praise. People are allowed to voice their opinions, even if they love trolling on Steam forums & etc. Just posting a picture on Twitter can get your Twitter suspended and deleted. Same on Reddit & Youtube; DMCA takedowns. So much for freedom of speech. I'm not joking here..... North American games are feeling so sterile (not all) forcing me to go play more obscure games and Japanese ones.

Sorry, just give me Rising World & Japanese games. ACTUAL games. :monocle:

---------

EDIT: Sony allows nudity in Last of Us II yet censors it for Japanese games. Double standards for political North American reasons. *yawns*

• Why do I have to post in this thread.. North American gaming...... AAAAHHHHHHH!

Alright, so we recently had a 'The Award Show' with a war between Ghost of Tsushima & The Last of Us 2.... Everything went well with various games winning, until Naughty Dog started stirring up dirt again. Always Naughty Dog...... They activated their Twitter bot users to spam the awards turning everything into comical nonsense.

Ghost of Tsushima won Player's choice/voice awards, after TLOU2 had a brief lead losing it to Ghost of Tsushima. TLOU2 fans weren't happy going into insult mode.

TLOU2 fanbase then cried fowl claiming of alleged hacks with IGN, Gameradar, & other places making articles, deleting it once they found their source to be flawed from ResetEra. "game journalists" had to remove their claims because it was flawed, though you could easily see where they leaned on this.

- TLOU2 wins with sane people claiming rigged, as we all expected it to be. How does TLOU2 win to a power house like Ghost of Tsushima and other games? HOW?! How does GOT lose to TLOU2!?! Many people noted in stream chat calling rigged. We knew TLOU2 was going to win game of the year.... Naturally. These awards are fake nonsense. A farce.

What people ACTUALLY WANT (Ghost of Tsushima & etc)

Tweets embed weirdly, though it is what it is. Try to make sense of it. When TLOU2 was noted to be 'Game Of The Year' everybody called it out as nonsense, except for the crazy TLOU2 side. More work was put into Ghost of Tsushima, enjoyed all that much more & etc. Pick any game, it has done better. North American gaming is stale for this exact reason........I hate how stale North American gaming is, with special thanks to this sort of nonsense forcing me to look for indie games, Japanese games, & etc.

--------

Actual people's current thoughts (memes):

TLOU2 wins EVERYTHING! It wins 'ALL' The awards :crazy: We have a genuine reason to call this rigged because IT IS. Unlike Ghost of Tsushima winning (nobody hacked anything) this is just idiocy with how TLOU2 won a pity award. :sleeping: Many people were noted as saying 'rigged' in the livestream chat, some even getting banned. Others boo'd, among other disappointed reactions. The Twitter nutcases are going to have fun with this one..........

I'm posting this because this sets a bad example for genuine game developers, for the game industry (North American), and influence people's choice on purchasing/making bad games. People would then desire to tarnish Rising World, among other indie games.

------------

Go support an indie developer (even Red51) because of this idiotic comical fest.

@nomura115
    ·
    9m
    Replying to @thegameawards and @Naughty_Dog
    I love seeing incels cry . It’s my daily medicine, my weekly energy, my monthly inspiration and my yearly motivation. Their loss is the only reason i’m still alive. I was born to love and enjoy the failure that they have achieved.

Replies like this proves this is just a farce. No sane person casually uses the word 'incel', though it is fairly easy to pop their ego like a balloon with a needle. I'm just furious with the North American gaming circle for being idiotic, though thankfully we have good games like Rising World, Phasmophobia, Project WIngman, Cyberpunk 2077, among others.

What a farce...... Honestly. What a god damn farce. :sleeping:

• And it never ends. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just make a game for gaming and entertainment sake then you'll be fine. Don't make things political and you'll be set.

What I'm sharing is in the context of amusement. I'm just laughing at people who assume other people are still "triggered" (upset) when they're the ones trying to tow a naughty line. :poo::poo::poo:.

Yeah, about that...... Both sides were legit frustrated this game focused more on political nonsense than the entertainment value. You had gaming journalists also pushing fake toxic narratives while guilt tripping actual gamers. You even had Japanese gamers pulling physical copies out of their Playstation 4 or 5s to then throw it into the trash bin. Japanese folks were legit pissed off, as were other people.

This is why Anime & manga is outperforming anything DC & Marvel because of stuff like this.

I mean, you're not wrong. It can be a good game if you lower the bar. I'm sure it has some value and quality here and there, you do however see weird gaming journalists and Naughty Dog going out of their way to guilt trip, cancel, and aggressively copyright strike people on Twitter, Youtube, and Twitch (and other playforms) for any alternative opinions. Cringe.

I mean, the level design and how you control the characters is cool. The music could be also. The other things? Not so much. There is a reason why its now found in $2 bins next to the door on the way out in shops.

You brought Star Wars into this. NOW You know this is bad while strawmaning. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, so this is what its about. Its about trying to sell garbage to gamers while labeling normal people 'alt-right' then surprised why filth isn't selling. Yeah, Back to Rising World. I need to check out the new update with the glass panes while also playing Azur Lane.

This is shared in a "laughing" context. So much hate and clickbait. :crazy:

• Screw it. I'm just gonna put it in this thread because Game journalists still want to sabotage game developers, especially Ghost of Tsushima... I would put it in gaming voids, this falls under Naughty Dog & Sony nonsense. You guys could call me crazy; Maybe I am crazy.... Just have a laugh :)

Consider this post a 'meme' because its meant to be more of a laughing post. Have a laugh, have a chuckle. Point and laught at game journalists constantly trying to sabotage everything.

They claim 'Ghost of Tsushima' is the "worst game" when it actually spawned the developers to be the representatives of the island they based their game on. Same thing could be said about 'Shield Hero' with Anime News Network whining about it because it popped their political balloon. Fake journalism is comical, and they wonder why nobody can take them seriously.

Here, have some laughing emotes like a laugh track to a joke.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::D

• Alright, consider this post an "meme" also. A joke, a laugh.

And if you want the Tweet

I had another Tweet that wasn't Quartering related also mocking AAA game developers because they should have AC regardless. Whatever your source is, everybody is mocking Jason Schrier and the take itself. Everybody is laughing at Jason Schreier and his stupid take on AC because AAA game studios should have them, same with at home. Granted, not everybody has AC but I also had AC at my previous place before I had to move. I'm still in an AC environment. I would hope Red51 and his team also has AC being in Germany seeing as how they're prone to far more brutal heat waves than North Americans. I was in Slovakia in 2003 when they had a brutal heatwave (I fainted in Modra, allegedly). North America had a power outtage east coast-coast side and in Ottawa. Europe has dry heat, not humid ones we Canadians get. Who knows what conditions Seattle gets being on the coast, I haven't been there. Fan, an AC...Whatever works.

Just another day where game journalists keep sinking lower and lower with their integrity and reliability. RIP.

• Not sure what the point is but I'll give my take. They program.... O noes, can't do that when its so hot. WTF ever. I worked in the field slinging hay bales and feeding animals in summer temps near 100 degree temps. I worked in a steel plant for years near furnaces used for heat treatment, custom bar forming, and coil production. No, climate change is nothing more than nature doing what she has done for millenniums. We as humans like to think we are all powerful and control the planet, cause this and that, and so on. We are but a spot on the history of the planet that will disappear when the planet or powers that be determine it is time. If you are speaking toward journalism; you are correct, zero integrity, zero honor, zero honesty in today's world. This is my opinion based on facts I have seen for decades. Your mileage might vary.

• Not sure what the point is but I'll give my take. They program.... O noes, can't do that when its so hot. WTF ever. I worked in the field slinging hay bales and feeding animals in summer temps near 100 degree temps. I worked in a steel plant for years near furnaces used for heat treatment, custom bar forming, and coil production. No, climate change is nothing more than nature doing what she has done for millenniums. We as humans like to think we are all powerful and control the planet, cause this and that, and so on. We are but a spot on the history of the planet that will disappear when the planet or powers that be determine it is time. If you are speaking toward journalism; you are correct, zero integrity, zero honor, zero honesty in today's world. This is my opinion based on facts I have seen for decades. Your mileage might vary.

Point? Bashing Sony, Naughtydog, and game journalists because they're in the same camp. Has to be Sony/Playstation related in general. Game censorship, and all. Maybe you mean something else.

-------

Retail worker dealing with the heat as well to the point of feeling horrible. Even if I was in a cold place it still harshly effects the body, especially when heavily lifting, etc. Adapt and survive or make sure the heat doesn't get to you. Farmers, roofers, and all sorts have it rough during the summer.

I also agree nature is just doing its own thing cycling up and down in its own ways. It does what it needs to with us simply being rowdy passengers on its journey. To put food-thoughts into perspective how a land bridge was formed between Russia and Alaska allowing people to settle the Aleutians Islands in Alaska. The simple thought of how it may have looked then, how they numbered in the thousands. Now they number only in the 80's or so in population size. We're but a simple little spec on a massive meter stick. I love these trippy food for thoughts dealing with time and "what-ifs". How modern civilization shall be ancient also.

Glad we can agree on various things. :party:

• Yep we can agree on several points. The world today is more interesting than I could have ever imagined. Sadly, video games seem to be more reality that current events. I am no Playstation user nor supporter. Not sure what I own currently that is part of Sony but hopefully nothing. I have cut several companies free in the past couple of years. While they have the option to say and do as they wish I also have the choice to spend my money where I see fit.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!