• Steam or Standalone?
    Standalone
    Singleplayer or multiplayer?
    Multiplayer
    Error message?
    No
    Operating system
    Linux

I have set up a standalone server on my debian 9 build. It seems to want to start but I get an error right at the end and the server shuts down. I disabled all plugins and it still happens.
    Here is the log.

errorlog_1592429866927.log

I am setting it up to run on hamachi so no issue with opening ports. I don't believe I have a firewall, atleast I never installed ufw and there is no response from any of it's commands. I am in a root terminal. not loged in as root it keeps saying

2020/06/17 03:59 PM: Steam Server Connect failed... (NoConnection)

till I make the server shut down

on restart of server as non su - it does the same as it did as when signed in as root user.

• Sorry for my late response! Do you still experience this issue?

According to the log, the Steam API could not be initialized: [S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed

This can have various reasons, but on Linux, this typically happens if the Steam lib could not be found. To fix it, it's necessary to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to the "linux64" folder in the server directory.

• Well I see no Linux64 folder in the server so this means I need to install the server from steamcmd. I just copied the server over from windows.also what file are the environmental variables kept in? If what is to be amended is in the Linux_startscript.sh, this is what is there.

#!/bin/bash

cd $(pwd)

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$(pwd)/linux64:$(pwd):$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"

if [ ! -x "`which java`" ]; then echo "You have to install java first!"; exit 1; fi

MEMORY=$(grep -i 'server_memory' server.properties | tr -d '\n\r' | cut -f2 -d'=')

if [ -z "$MEMORY" ]; then

echo "${txtred}No server_memory set. Server starts with 1024mb memory${txtreset}"

MEMORY=1024

fi

if ! [[ $MEMORY =~ ^[0-9]+$ ]]; then

echo "${txtred}The property 'server_memory' is not numeric${txtreset}"

exit 1;

fi

java -Xmx${MEMORY}m -Xms$(($MEMORY/2))m -jar server.jar

I use this command to start the server.

java -Xmx8G -Xms4G -jar server.jar +maxplayers=4 +servername=Rosalia Test

I am a moderate linux user so please forgive my inability.

Ok, I installed the server with steamcmd and the linux64 folder is now there. What file do I have to append to fix this?

• Yes, you have to install it via SteamCMD, unfortunately you can't just move the Windows servers to Linux :/

If you run the server from the linux startscript ("linux_startscript.sh"), it should set the environment variable automatically. If it still doesn't start, please post a new errorlog here (or maybe post a log here from the "Logs" folder) ;)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, asset, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, unitypackage, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!