• Steam or Standalone?
    Steam
    Singleplayer or multiplayer?
    Singleplayer + Multiplayer
    Error message?
    No
    Operating system
    Windows

There's this weird interaction with guns where gunfire just won't hit the target at point blank

It seems like the projectile is deployed in a way you won't hit your target if he's too close to you, I've almost lost my life countless time to melee bandits chasing me, I have to create a lot of distance for my gunfire to hit

Not to mention the goofy way the character holds the gun, they keeps it straight no matter what direction they're facing, the muzzle fire being deployed from the back of the gun, instead of the muzzle itself

• It seems like the projectile is deployed in a way you won't hit your target if he's too close to you, I've almost lost my life countless time to melee bandits chasing me, I have to create a lot of distance for my gunfire to hit

Yes, that's indeed a bug. In general the hit detection for npcs is pretty bad... this will be fixed in the new version :)

Not to mention the goofy way the character holds the gun, they keeps it straight no matter what direction they're facing, the muzzle fire being deployed from the back of the gun, instead of the muzzle itself

You mean other players in multiplayer? That's true, unfortunately we only had a limited set of animations so 3rd person weapon animations are a bit odd. This is also something that's already addressed in the new version.

About the muzzle flash: In fact I wasn't even aware of this issue, I just saw it by accident a few months ago (but unfortunately we didn't release an update for the Java version in the meantime to fix that). I'm ashamed of this bug, but we'll see a major improvement in this regard in the new version ;)

• You mean other players in multiplayer? That's true, unfortunately we only had a limited set of animations so 3rd person weapon animations are a bit odd. This is also something that's already addressed in the new version.

About the muzzle flash: In fact I wasn't even aware of this issue, I just saw it by accident a few months ago (but unfortunately we didn't release an update for the Java version in the meantime to fix that). I'm ashamed of this bug, but we'll see a major improvement in this regard in the new version ;)

Thanks for your reply!

It's so good to know that this bug is getting fixed, but it wasn't that bad tho, I managed to get good laughs of my friends warring with bandits as they were being chased by them "WHY ARE THEY TANKING EVERYTHING? AM I MISSING??" But yeah, somewhat annoying

Also, any plans for something like a Bandit Camp or a new gun such as a Cannon? Would be really cool!

Thanks again for your work!

• Also, any plans for something like a Bandit Camp or a new gun such as a Cannon? Would be really cool!

Yes that's definitely planned. Actually we did prepare a cannon some time ago, but unfortunately it never made it into the Java version. It's still on our to-do list for the new version ^^

• I figured the rifle sights were off and shot to the right :)

We will probably adjust that a bit, however, for better accurancy, you should hold the RMB to aim with the gun ^^ We're thinking about removing the crosshair for the rifle (since it's indeed a bit misleading) :D

• Now I want that cannon because of… those really aggressive bears? :)

I think we would make great use of the Cannon if something like a Bandit Camp were created, maybe even a cannon showdown? Would be hella cool

But cannons would make a great addition to the PVP scenario, definitely welcome

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!