Installing New Version

• I have been waiting for this & I am so excited. However, I do have a question. When I go to update to the new version it gives me the message that my local files conflict with the cloud files. I am attaching a screenshot. which should I do? I don't want to lose or corrupt my Java files.

• Hmm... the new version shouldn't be covered by Steam cloud, so this only seems to be related to the files of the Java version :thinking: Do you play Rising World on more than one machine (this usually triggers this message)? Unfortunately I don't know which files are on your local machine and which files are stored in the clouds... if you don't want to lose any worlds, you should manually backup your "Worlds" folder in the game directory (steamapps/commons/RisingWorld/Worlds) and the "Blueprints" folder (if you want to save your blueprints) - then download the cloud files and check out if they are the latest ones.

• Hmm... the new version shouldn't be covered by Steam cloud, so this only seems to be related to the files of the Java version :thinking: Do you play Rising World on more than one machine (this usually triggers this message)? Unfortunately I don't know which files are on your local machine and which files are stored in the clouds... if you don't want to lose any worlds, you should manually backup your "Worlds" folder in the game directory (steamapps/commons/RisingWorld/Worlds) and the "Blueprints" folder (if you want to save your blueprints) - then download the cloud files and check out if they are the latest ones.

I did make a copy of my entire RW Java file right before I saw this. Lol. I do play RW on my Desktop & used to on my laptop, but haven't in a very long time. I figure since I made a copy of my Java version, I will risk it now with Steam or just buy a separate standalone from you. I assume you get to keep more of the profit that way, correct? I don't mind buying a standalone if it helps support you more.

• I did make a copy of my entire RW Java file right before I saw this. Lol. I do play RW on my Desktop & used to on my laptop, but haven't in a very long time

Oh yes that seems to be the reason why this message pops up. But if you've made a backup of your files you should be on the safe side ^^

or just buy a separate standalone from you. I assume you get to keep more of the profit that way, correct? I don't mind buying a standalone if it helps support you more.

Hehe, thank you very much :) Yes indeed, we don't have to pay a cut to Steam if someone purchases the Standalone.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!