Linux issues reports

• Unfortunately, the big lag in Linux between the time you move the mouse and when it shows is still there. Since I reported this first with the 1st playable demo of the Unity version I have been through many versions of the proprietary NVIDIA drivers for Linux for my GTX 1070 so must be as you mentioned some time ago a bug with Unity in Linux.

Hasn't there been any update on Unity's side ?

Edited once, last by red51: I've moved the post to this topic, to keep track of the issue ().

• Unfortunately, the big lag in Linux between the time you move the mouse and when it shows is still there. Since I reported this first with the 1st playable demo of the Unity version I have been through many versions of the proprietary NVIDIA drivers for Linux for my GTX 1070 so must be as you mentioned some time ago a bug with Unity in Linux.

I'm sorry to hear that! Not sure if this is related to the delta time issues we've mentioned earlier... the original fix for Windows and Mac was introduced in Unity 2020.2, and the Linux fix was scheduled for 2021.1, but there was never a response from Unity about whether or not the fix for Linux did actually landed (we're using 2021.1 btw). Sometimes it seems nobody at Unity really cares about Linux X(

Who knows, maybe this is fixed in 2021.2 instead, which is currently still in beta, but we can't upgrade to it now since there is a known bug which prevents IL2CPP builds from running on Windows 7 (and some users still use Win7)...

It could be also a general issue in Unitys new input system package :thinking: It gets rarely updated unfortunately (even though it's still riddled with bugs), and there are definitely some known bugs where a fix is scheduled for 2021.2 (not sure if these fixes are also part of the beta already) - maybe this will finally fix the input related issues.

I'm so sorry for not having any positive news at the moment :/

• I'm on a GTX 980 on openSUSE Tumbleweed and had the same issue with Unity games Superliminal and Hellpoint. Found a workaround and an explanation here.

TL;DR Install MangoHud from your repos or whereever, set vsync=2 in some MangoHud config file and add this launch option in Steam mangohud %command%

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!