When water gets added to the game.

• When the time comes for water to be added into the game, I am curious as to how it will be implemented for existing worlds.

I am presuming that firstly there will be no water added close to parts of the world we have already been building on, and secondly that once it has been added we will need to drink water for the survival aspect of the game. If this is the case, then obviously we will need to be travelling a long way regularly in order to survive.

Therefore, I have the following suggestions...

1. Make it to be possible for us to create a channel which the water could flow into, therefore bringing it to our built up areas.
    2. Failing the water being able to flow by itself, some sort of pumping mechanism (and possibly pipes) would need to be implemented to bring distant water closer.
    3. If there will also be underground bodies of water, allow these to be created under areas we have already worked on, as long as we have not already dug too close to them.
    4. If there is underground water and we dig wells, there will also be a need for some mechanism for getting water to the surface.

A related suggestion - At some point can some of the items like sinks work in some way. (ie, could you connect a water source to a sink (via pipes / pumping / some other means) and obtain drinking water from it?)

• That is if water gets added properly, and behaves the way we assume.

1) Ya, I do make channels myself so I'd love to make some just to move goods around. Would also be encouraging if we could do so by the gaming design also by shipping supplies around the map. I'd love to get small cargo ships going (those found on the Danube River) to ship clean water, food, and supplies around.
    2) Falling water should flow by itself? Terraria and Starbound style? Yes. I noticed how water builds up in holes when it rains. That would be interesting to calculate for small holes, as Starbound does.Using pipes to transfer water around would be interesting. I guess mods could take things over for when oil and such are added.
    3) Hmm....So you want to build under the pools of water? Be interesting. I'd love to bucket the water, put it in a filter, then save it or share it. Then building under those pockets of water would be interesting. Kind of like how FTB (Minecraft modding) made me go through pockets of lava for the machine to power things.
    4) Sure, would help. I can imagine the role-play, and the need to get it when you're on your last drop of water. Needing something, even ladders and buckets, would be welcomed.
    5) Water source to pipes and sink? That be interesting. What would you use the sink though? To fill up water bottles? Deep Down mechanics? That be sweet though if we could fill up water bottles and containers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!