Anybody see this movie?
I have, and I'm glad I have. I had to force myself to watch it on my Amazon Prime, though glad I even did that. Its a great movie with a great plot. People will argue its "decent", I say its "awesome". To me, it told a story a proper anime would tell in that deep and proper story telling manner trying to do reverse damage control. People would claim there are alleged plot holes, I doubt that. Its fun seeing the fight happen once they go past that portal. It is also because the whiny critics had a negative hate fetish towards Chris Pratt that I also was motivated to watch the movie so thanks for the free advertising. I'm glad I picked up the movie to have a great time with it.
Its also made so much better (after the fact) knowing all the fake journalistic sites claim the movie is trash, or knock on the movie because of Chris Pratt. The amount of salt and whining is hilarious. I went in blind (no trailer, or anything) finding the movie to be awesome. Long, but awesome
. For those that do want a trailer, here is the video
I absolutely LOVE the music. Everything about the movie was great.
The movie makes many and heavy references to 'I am Legend'. You'll notice many.
1) Its interesting to note how it flowed like a standard anime plot. It had the "wait and see"/"We'll explain it later" type movement. They want to tell it, however ruins the surprise. People will see the plot in its simplicity when there is actually more to it than meets the eye. The movie needs a few viewings over, even though I've done one.
2) Its interesting to note how it references 'I am Legend so many times.
3) How the whiny critics only hate the movie because of Chris Pratt, nothing else.
4) The "why no alien picture/video" thing has me stumped. Any average gamer, or person, could be trained on how it appears and how to disable it. In the 7 days to be sent over they could have been trained in a 10min to 1 hour session how they appear, where to target, and etc. I mean, they kinda were with how the instructor told them shoot at the belly and neck. It was later shown.
4.1) The alien creatures aren't as scary as they've made them out to be. Maybe being a gamer having played RPGs & FPS I'm used to it, others could have been trained on how to deal with them raising the morale. The rush in training and recruitment may have mess logistic quality.
5) Tons of foreshadowing and connections to the earlier part in the movie. Everything matters.
6) Whiny critics noted it was a waste of manpower to send that many people over failing to realize only certain types were even allowed to be sent over. Only those dying at the time were allowed to be sent over. Not the whole populace, only 'early' death rates.
7) Why no tanks? Why only Humvees? The aliens destroyed everything so fast versus heavy seems to be prioritized. Earth is nearly wiped out. Only humans seem to be able to be transported with small gear. Any heavy stuff is implied to be taxing on teleporting. The aliens swarm in groups to even having crippled destroyers, aircraft carriers, and everything else. Only rebel-type tactics seem to work. Quick, fast, and simple. Think scouting.
They noted informing the UN/World government to only be stalled by red tape and corruption. UN was noted in being unreliable, something that is true. UN has been caught violating woman and children in a sexual manner in real world to the point they hypocritically preach towards Japan to censor Anime for being too mature. The hypocrisy. Real world UN also has been caught preaching about Global Warming with Greta, fake feminist sentiments when they once again violate woman and children. Google the various violations. When they act they can't act in their full force intended force. If you need to do something, do it yourself.
9) Americans once again claiming they destroyed the aliens when it was someone else. Once again stealing credit. Look at WW2, technological creations, and etc. Canadians fought tooth-and-nail in Italy to end up having their accomplishments erased by American nonsense.
This movie is awesome, I recommend it. Similar to most of the Anime I've seen, Mandalorian (Star Wars), Clone Wars, Greyhound (WW2 movie), Fury, Interstellar, and etc. I recommend this because its a genuine form of media to the point journalists are now bleeding blood from their waste matter. They're raging about Chris Pratt because he spoke the neutral truth while also making mocking videos trying to blast holes in the movie when there is little to none. Basically an "no fun allowed" tactic. This movie has complex plot, great music, great acting and even pays respect to 'I am Legend'. Good stuff.
Now if only American media can tap into Japanese anime creativity it'll continue doing awesome