Cleaning the server from abandoned, old buildings. On Unity

• Maybe it's not a bad idea to have a command which removes old buildings (or more precisely, buildings of players who haven't been online for a given amount of time)... I'll put that on our to-do list ;)

About a flag: We're working on two protection systems - one is set up by admins (very much like the old area protection), the other one allows players to claim land without having to call an admin (i.e. they could place a flag or a similar object get a protected area). Ofc admins can choose which protection system they want to use. When it comes to the latter system, we could basically implement some optional decay of buildings ^^

• Vielleicht ist es keine schlechte Idee, einen Befehl zu haben, der alte Gebäude entfernt (oder genauer gesagt, Gebäude von Spielern, die seit einer bestimmten Zeit nicht mehr online waren)...

Wozu soll ein Befehl der Gebäude entfernt gut sein? Was müsste der/die Spieler tun damit nichts entfernt wird.

Red könntest du mir "bestimmte Zeit nicht online war" etwas konkreter beschreiben? Ich möchte ja verstehen warum so ein Befehl sinnvoll wäre. Danke...

• Wozu soll ein Befehl der Gebäude entfernt gut sein? Was müsste der/die Spieler tun damit nichts entfernt wird.

Red könntest du mir "bestimmte Zeit nicht online war" etwas konkreter beschreiben? Ich möchte ja verstehen warum so ein Befehl sinnvoll wäre. Danke...

DE: Ich poste diese Antwort mal auf Deutsch und Englisch, da dies ja ein englischsprachiger Thread ist :D

Jedenfalls kann so ein Befehl hilfreich sein um bspw. angefangene Gebäude von Spielern, die eh nicht mehr auf dem Server spielen, zu entfernen. Man könnte also bspw. festlegen, dass alles Gebaute eines Spielers, welcher seit 6 Monaten nicht mehr online war, gelöscht wird.

EN: I'm writing this response in German and English, considering this is a English thread :D

Anyway, such a command may be helpful in order to remove abandoned buildings of players who don't play on your server anymore. You could, for example, remove all buildings of players who haven't been online for the last 6 months.

• yes a cleanup area command like in the old lua area protection would be great. also, It would be good if the owner of the server could choose a limit to the number of areas a player can self claim. It would also be good if we could set up small areas as pvp arenas for contests so the compleate server doesn't have to be pvp.

• when i hosted a MC server years ago, i remember there being a mod (MCEDIT) I believe, that gave the ability to use a selection box to select an area of land and revert it back to seed. It would remove any objects and terrain modifications back to original quickly. would be very useful for admins to clean up eyesores

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!