Alte Welt Java-Version lässt sich nicht mehr starten

• Steam oder Standalone?
    Steam
    Fehlermeldung?
    No
    Betriebssystem
    Windows

Ich habe Rising World auf einen anderen PC kopiert. Verschiedene Sicherungen probiert, mit Steam Spiele sichern und wieder herstellen.

Leider habe ich dabei ziemliche Probleme. Die Bilder werden nicht übernommen, ich weiß leider auch nicht mehr wo die lagen. (Imageorder kopiert, darin waren aber nur ein paar

Poster zu finden).

Desweiteren habe ich verschiedene Gebiete besucht und konnte mich dort überhaupt nicht mehr bewegen. Ein Schritt, Spiel friert ein, nächster Schritt, friert wieder ein.

Meine Texturepacks funktonieren einwandfrei, die Models auch. In dem besuchten Gebiet hatte ich keine besonderen Texturen und auch keine Models gesetzt.

DIe Welten, bzw. die Gebäude sind alle vorhanden, nur die Poster nicht und die Unfähigkeit mich zu bewegen.

Was könnte ich noch machen? Ich habe irgendwo noch eine uralt Kopie herumliegen, möchte diese aber ungern verwenden, da ich seit der letzten Kopie nichts mehr gesichert hatte.

• Ich bin während meines Textes einmal komplett aus dem Forum herausgeflogen und zweimal intern beim Schreiben. Zum Glück gibt es die Speicherfunktion.

Ich möchte das nur erwähnt haben. Ich weiß leider nicht ob das am Forum oder an mir gelegen hatte. Der letzte Absatz ließ sich auch nicht mehr speichern. Musste ihn noch

einmal schreiben. Meine Pc hat keine Auslastung, daran kann es dann eigentlich auch nicht liegen.

Ich bin nicht in der Lage den letzten Absatz zu speichern bzw. zu meinem oberen Beitrag hinzuzufügen.

Nein, geht nicht, lässt sich nichts mehr ändern bzw. hinzufügen.

Ich habe bei den Welten nachgesehen, bzw. World Parts, da gibt es die Cimg-Dateien. Diese habe ich auch kopiert, allerdings fehlen mir

jede Menge dieser Bilder.:( Ich würde gerne nachvollziehen woran das liegen könnte und dieses Nichtlaufenkönnen auch.

• Hey Deirdre anscheinend meinst du doch die Java-version wegen der Bilder und nicht die Unity, ist etwas na du weißt schon. red51 beim erstellen eines Beitarges sollte vieleicht auch die java und unity version stehen, anstatt steam.

Deirdre , ist die map vieleicht schon richtig älter, so das da updates in der map fehlen ? Hat sich dein Speicher vieleicht wieder zurückgesetzt, da hattest du ja letzte mal schon was geschrieben. zumindestens das einfrieren würde ja auf sowas deuten.

• Don't rely on 3rd party backup tools. Manually back up ALL of your old server files (RisingworldDedicatedServer folder) from the last known PC that can properly run it onto a flash drive or external hard drive 1st. Then, Right click | properties the original folder, and do the same with your latest backup. Compare the two property windows to be sure they have the same number of files . You are trying to restore old worlds using an INcomplete backup obviously. Poster images are located in the Worlds folder, then inside the name of your world, then 'customimages'. Can try copying entire 'customimages' folder to the new PC into the proper location. The freezing you are getting is most likely due to using an incomplete backup / restore (lacking all prerequisite files).

Close all programs, make sure steam is not running.

Manually backup from working PC via Windows file explorer: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ RisingWorldDedicatedServer

Compare your backup folder with the original (right click each | properties) - should be same size and number of files ).

Now copy this folder to the same location onto the NEW PC, replacing the one that is currently there.

*NOTE* If you want to run the old server (java) and new server (unity) on the same PC at the same time, you need to run the old java server from a different folder e,g. C:\RisingworldDedicatedServer. Otherwise, you will break both servers, OLD and NEW need to be run from different folders.

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

Edited 2 times, last by Juggernaut ().

• Deirdre

Changed the title of the thread from “Alte Welt Unitiy Version lässt sich nicht mehr starten” to “Alte Welt Java-Version lässt sich nicht mehr starten”.
  • lenko Ich dachte ich hätte Java geschrieben. ^^ Eigentlich nicht. Ich hatte Steam Sicherung gemacht und auch den kompletten Rising World Ordner kopiert.

Ich habe ein letztes Mal drüber kopiert, jetzt ist alles wieder da.

Steam Sicherung sollte man nicht verwenden.

Juggernaut I copied files another time. You're right not to use other games save systems. I had a manual copy of my files. Now it works. ^^

Die Welt bleibt allerdings bei 10% ziemlich lange hänge, ich vermute mal das sind die Models und das GPS Plugin wollte beim 1. Mal auch nicht richtig laden.

Es gibt da zwar eine Abkürzung reloadplugs? oder so für die Konsole, aber die wußte ich nicht mehr, von daher Neustart hat es behoben.

• : thumbup: Deirdre glad it worked! yes the "rp" command can be used in place of 'reloadplugins'. You may also want to check the number of NPCs in your world, excessive amounts of NPCs (100k +) will cause long loading times and memory usage. It may also prevent those with low spec'd PCs from even being able to load in.

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• yes the "rp" command can be used in place of 'reloadplugins'.

Thank you. :love: I saved the command on my old pc.

You may also want to check the number of NPCs in your world, excessive amounts of NPCs (100k +) will cause long loading times and memory usage. It may also prevent those with low spec'd PCs from even being able to load in.

Yes, I know. I killed all bears, sceletons, bandits and uneccessary npcs. But it's a very very big world and to run to every place and kill them would be impossible.

Every model tooks time to load, but I don't wanna miss my stuff, tooks me hours to place it all. ^^

Yes, I know. I killed all bears, sceletons, bandits and uneccessary npcs. But it's a very very big world and to run to every place and kill them would be impossible.

Every model tooks time to load, but I don't wanna miss my stuff, tooks me hours to place it all. ^^

Yes I understand, WF world is very old and large as well. Are you joking about running everywhere to kill unnecessary NPCs?? :D How many NPCs in your world? Check the server logs and it lists the number of NPCs every time you load the server. I had over 300K NPCs once and it caused problems until I discovered it after mounts were added (remember NPCs will auto spawn in from other players exploring, especially on mounts as they can travel faster and trigger spawns). Would be easier to remove NPCs via main world DB (while server is not running ofcourse), or run command:

deleteallnpcs [npctype]

Deletes all NPCs in your world. Optionally you can restrict this command to a specific NPC type only. If you just want to disable all NPCs, type "deleteallnpcs CONFIRM"

Example: deleteallnpcs bandit

Synonyms: deletenpcs

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!