Chunkfehler

• Ich habe eine Kleinigkeit gebaut, dann konnte ich mich nicht mehr bewegen und habe das Spiel neu gestartet. Die gebaute Kleinigkeit gabe es nicht mehr

und die Hälfte meines Hauses und der Boden drum herum ist verschwunden und ich kann mich an dieser Stelle nicht mehr weiter bewegen, hänge fest. Fliegen funktionert noch.

Ich habe das Spiel überprüfen lassen, neu gestartet, Steam neu gestartet, der Fehler ist immer noch vorhanden. Gibt es eine Möglichkeit diesen Chunk zu reparieren?

Ich möchte die Map nicht aufgeben, denn ich habe darauf schon einiges gebaut.

In der Konsole habe ich report und /report eingegeben, ob das funktionert hat, kann ich leider nicht sagen. Auf dem Bild sieht man hinten rechts noch das Ende des Bodenbelags.

Fehlerursache? Ich habe versucht die gebaute Kleinigkeit anzumalen. Das funktionerte nicht und ab da war die Umgebung, wie geschildert, verschwunden.

• Oha, sowas sollte natürlich nicht passieren :wat: Wir haben leider keinen Report erhalten. In die Konsole musst du lediglich report eingeben (ohne Slash), dann sollte sich ein Fenster öffnen, in welchem man den Bericht absenden kann. Falls du das Spiel seitdem nicht nochmal gestartet hast, kannst du es evtl. erneut versuchen (einfach bis ins Hauptmenü laden und dort den Report absenden).

Ansonsten ist leider schwer zu sagen, was da schiefgelaufen ist :thinking: Evtl. könntest du mir auch einmal die Welt senden, die "Chunks.db" aus dem Welt-Ordner sollte genügen. Entweder per PN im Forum, oder via Mail an support@jiw-games.net

Vielleicht kann ich darin feststellen, was passiert ist, und den Chunk ggf. wiederherstellen (bzw. zumindest wieder gangbar machen).

• I had this happen before and it was due to a failing hard drive (SSD drive that needed cooling, was overheating and corrupting files). I was able to fix by 1st fixing my cooling issue by adding a heatsink to my SSD (or replace the failing drive - hope you have backups!!), then restoring the world 'parts' DBs that were corrupted (a 'world part' makes up many chunks) and is in the "worldParts" folder.

#1 - you need a recent backup of not just your world DB, but your entire worldParts folder (backup your entire server folder daily or at least weekly - archive monthly backups).

#2 - Identify which world part DB is corrupted. Go to the problem area in game and press F3. On this big hud menu, it will tell you which world part you are in. Take careful note which world part you are in, could be for example "wp0_-11.db" or "wp0_11.db" (11 without the minus). Undeveloped worldpart DBs are 20k in size, will be larger than 20k if that area has been constructed upon. Compare the wp0 (world part DBs from latest backup with those in server folder). I found that if the DB becomes corrupted, it reverts that entire world part and anything within it back to default SEED (so if backup reads that world part as 1,512kb in size and your server folder shows the same db as 20kb, it got restored to seed, thus deleting all modifications within it back to the way it was when 1st created). A building can be in 2 world parts (at the border of world parts) which would result in half the structure being shaved away.

#3 - once you identify which world part has been affected, restore it from your most recent backup.

#4 - i believe a chunk is only 12x12 or 24x24 block in size. A world part is much larger than that, (the more developed a world 'part', the more chunks it contains). I had several claims affected and traced the border of the world part and was approx 12x12 map grid squares (or larger), and any loss of parts of buildings. You may want to look around a huge area to see if you lost other buildings/claims etc. Claims that crossed worldpart borders, looked like they were cut in half (half build, half nature).

In my case, I found 2 world part DBs in the 'worldparts' folder that were corrupted, which affected many builds. If I refreshed the map in those areas, i noticed all modifications got refreshed out, back to nature. I then marked the world part boundary on my map and could see I lost a lot of builds, until I restored them from backup. I used F3 in game HUD menu to identify where world parts ended and others started while riding horse, then marked them on my map and checked nearby builds within the corrupted world parts. fun fun

I hope this helps and that you have backups!!

Good luck

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

Edited once, last by Juggernaut ().

• Juggernaut Thanks for your help. The map is playable, and blueorints can be saved later. I play on another world and I sent the files to red51, so that he can see where the mistake is. It's only a singleplayer world, so it's just for me and not important for other players. ^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!