Construction elements

• Depends on how you build. I make my planks by using a block and change the size. I found the given size of planks and beams in the Java-version very useful. A plank in Java-Version was perfect for a fence, thickness, not the length. And much quicker to shorten than to resize a block, same with beams for inner walls.

Radial menu is more comfortable for people who don't want to use commands or don't know the commands by heart. Setr 15 in the console is pretty much quicker, than open C and use the mouse to change the angle.

But we are free to use both options. ^^

• Commands are fine for creative, but for survival radial menu is an optimal solution. In Java survival you have much less control on planks shape than in Unity with radial menu (that's actually why plugins for planks exists). I think if someone will make some sort of macros plugin for Unity (when API will appear) you will be able to make a command set that will give you wooden blocks stack with same parameters as Java planks have. Actually, having different macros for creative mode is not a bad idea, but not related to this topic :)

• I think if someone will make some sort of macros plugin for Unity (when API will appear) you will be able to make a command set that will give you wooden blocks stack with same parameters as Java planks have

That's a good point: Planks and beams could be implemented through the Plugin API, or more precisely, it's possible to add blocks to the player inventory with a specific size ;) So if someone really prefers to build with planks, a plugin could be used in that case.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!