Hot Air Balloons/Zepplins

• Would you accept simplistic balloon-aviation vehicles? Hot air balloons & zeppelins? 12

1. Yes! (7) 58%
    2. No! (3) 25%
    3. Neutral (2) 17%

Not wanting to be obnoxious, just simply wanting to once again gauge interest. How many of you folks would desire some simplistic flying vehicle? So far land vehicles, water, and trains have been in one manner or another confirmed, just not 100% due to not fully reaching that stage yet. How many of you would enjoy something as simple as hot air balloons, or something somewhat fancier like zeppelins?

This thread is spawned from this - http://steamcommunity.com/app/…ons/0/606068060831297968/ - I'm voting 'Neutral'.

I wouldn't care either way. Though, I'd love it if I could fly around in something simple. I would happily build airports and such to accommodate whatever vehicle we do get. I'll happily make landing pads, runways, and such for whatever we do get aviation wise. Hot air balloons being the most of what I'd expect. Zeppelins, and something steam-punky in between might be the most. Helicopters? Prop planes such as Twin-Otters, Beavers, Katana Plane, and such if absolutely necessary for prop planes. Cessna should be banned as a default plane now for horridness and unreliability in this day-and-age. Jet planes a no-go, though in mods yes.

I'll stick with my tunnel-vision desire of trains after seeing a teased of it on the feature page. I want to set up a steam train network while dragging stuff around while not caring if aviation is in or not. I'd however accept it and do what I just mentioned though for welcoming them and whatever we do get and whenever I do get the game.

• Hot air balloons?
    Considering how slow they are, and purely subject to the wind (not steerable), I don't see what good they'd be, except as a novelty. I have no idea what it would 'cost' to craft one (complete with burner and fuel), but if I want to get a view from "up high", I'd just climb a nearby mountain... for free.
    Personally, I wouldn't bother with either one. They just wouldn't be worth it to me even if they were available.

• Ah, the hang glider.
    Have you ever played (the defunct) CubeWorld? One of it's claim-to-fames was it had a hang glider. Weee! The only problem was you had to climb up before you could launch and glide down. Landing in trees wasn't ideal either, and you could only descend at a fixed rate (you had to come down- and not especially where you wanted to). But at least it was steerable.

Doing the Superman thing (flying) is by far the best way to travel from Point A to Point B.

• At first I wanted to try Cubeworld. But forgot about it so I guess I wasn't THAT interested lol. Yeah I recall it had a glider.

Well RW devs state in their features page that they want to add a glider. So, if they do it, lets hope they've learned a thing or two from other games which failed in the attempt hehe

Need updraft somehow to be generated along with the world so it works with the mountains etc..

But in the end.. this is simply an unnecessary toy, the hang glider. But it would have strategic uses in PVP... :D

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• Oh! Looking good on the polls. Nice stuff. I remember Notch wanted to add a basic glider, or maybe that was the community side of things. We kept hounding him to add some sort of primitive form of light yet none was added. I can understand way. I also remember Trainmod for Minecraft tried to add a zeppelins, it was buggy as hell. Couldn't use it without dying. Forgot what mods it was called, it had you build a handful of blocks to shape and form various forms of vehicles. those zeppelins, boats, cars, and such. It's something that worked nicely and smoothly.

Cubeworld was awesome with its. At least it has something on slanted terrain.

For Rising World, again, I don't care if we get aviation or not. I'm neutral, but it's interesting seeing interest even on this forum-side of things. Seeing as how Red is planning to restrict shape and all I'd assume we would have to build a frame, parts for it, and then possibly even have to fuel it. Whatever "prebuilt" means in terms of these vehicles means I'll accept any and build accordingly, as I have in Minecraft. If I had to pick I'd choose small zeppelin type vehicles. I'll keep to trains.

(This is what I meant to post but once again pressed submit hastily while haste-editing.)

• The only problem was you had to climb up before you could launch and glide down. Landing in trees wasn't ideal either, and you could only descend at a fixed rate (you had to come down- and not especially where you wanted to).

Actually seems quite realistic to me

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!