World generation?

• Am I missing something really obvious or has world gen not been implemented yet? Every time I make a new world it's the demo world and after a certain point it just turns into flat rocks and nothing else.

• As mentioned by Desmagu , we're currently working on the world generation update :)

Hopefully!! :D And I'm just wondering if water in some sort of form will also be included? as some of the elements have been included recently in the roadmap, but maybe it's still too early for that as well:?:

Water will be indeed part of the world gen update ;) But probably we will split the world gen update into two smaller updates. In this case, water will be part of the 2nd one.

• Hi, one more question about world generation before you close this thread, there will be possibility to use height maps to generate terrain in the future?

• Hi, one more question about world generation before you close this thread, there will be possibility to use height maps to generate terrain in the future?

Yes, a custom world type is planned where you can provide your own heightmap - but unfortunately we have no ETA for that yet (it won't be part of the initial world gen update) :hushed:

We also have plans for the plugin API to take control over world generation btw ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!